ADVERTISEMENT

I understand all the displeasure with Muschamp

I do think the reaction to this loss would be a little excessive, BUT the fact is none of the suggestions are based on last night. It’s all based on 8-1/2 years of head coaching failures. Last night just provided the opportunity and reminded everyone how ridiculous it is this guy was ever our coach, much less still our coach.

2015 we lost to LSU 45-24. No difference.
Don't think they had a True Freshman QB starting for the first time and their D hasn't put up those numbers since 1981. Worst LSU D since 1981 as communicated per the Broadcast. So NOOO. It
It isn't even close to that performance last night against a talented LSU Team searching for many answers on their D.

Reactions: jonesz21
I’m still very optimistic about things. Things may not be exactly perfect right now, but we are much better than we were 5 years ago.

You are right. Things may not "exactly" be perfect right now. Please tell me in what respect they any better than they were 5 years ago.

We are still attempting to achieve mediocrity. Now quite there yet. But, we are the 17th resourced athletic department in the USA. We are paying for excellence. Paying for excellence, but not quite measuring up to mediocrity.

How many more years will it take? Doesn't seem to me we will ever get much better. Do you foresee us getting better? Just maybe we can avoid another hyper embarrassing loss to an Appalachian State.

Ok, then what? Who are we going to get, who can (a) succeed here and (b) take over this dumpster fire?

This is a major part of the equation. We want Muschamp gone, but you've got to replace him. With who, though? Yes, I know most anyone would be an upgrade, but we aren't just looking for a slight upgrade. If you're going to let Champ go, you better have a very good replacement lined up. Again, I know it can't be hard to find someone to do better than Champ, but he's not the bar.

Ok, then what? Who are we going to get, who can (a) succeed here and (b) take over this dumpster fire?

Damnit you go and hire the best coach you can and hope he can get the job done. But you can’t stick with the guy you know can’t get the job done. No guarantees here but we gotta try to find the right Coach.

Last edited:
"If you're going to let Champ go, YOU better have a very good replacement lined up."
Therein lies the problem. YOU = A quality Athletic Director. We don't have one. When Spurrier decided to walk away, our AD was standing around looking for his misplaced list of potential coaches! The Muschamp problem does NOT go away until the position of AD is upgraded!

"If you're going to let Champ go, YOU better have a very good replacement lined up."
Therein lies the problem. YOU = A quality Athletic Director. We don't have one. When Spurrier decided to walk away, our AD was standing around looking for his misplaced list of potential coaches! The Muschamp problem does NOT go away until the position of AD is upgraded!

There are no guarantees of success here at SC. But right now we have about as close to a guarantee of no success as you can get. Hiring a coach that’s better than Muschamp should not / cannot be the criteria. We have to hire the best coach we can and hope it works out. Worst case we probably stay where we are at. I agree Tanner cannot make that hire.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I had low expectations because I had no reason to have high expectations. That doesn’t make it ok! Lol
When Muschamp took over in 2015 I “expected” to have a 10+ win season by 2020. Instead here I am expecting only enough wins to count on one hand. :(

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT