ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder?

bdblack

Mar 29, 2002
If the Clemson football program has all of these outstanding, top level coordinators and assistant coaches, then why don't any of them seem interested in a head job elsewhere? To keep an entire staff for a very successful program for this many years is truly amazing. I've never heard of that happening anywhere else .... ever! Must be something in "them thar hills". I wonder?

Clemson continues to out recruit everyone, convincing kids from all over the US (many from large metropolitan areas) to come to a rural, out of the way corner of a small state to play football, join "the brotherhood" (apologies to Duke), and be "all in" with Dabo. I guess it's just the magnetic charm of Dabo's beloved personality and his positivity, or maybe there is just something in "them thar hills". I wonder?

If all of this success is above board and beyond reproach, then congratulations are certainly in order. They have truly achieved greatness with hard work, perseverance and a great long term plan. I wonder?

If it isn't, then two national championships will be vacated, along with several ACC titles and some wins, and CU, for at least a couple of generations, will surely stand for Cheater University. I wonder?

If the Clemson football program has all of these outstanding, top level coordinators and assistant coaches, then why don't any of them seem interested in a head job elsewhere? To keep an entire staff for a very successful program for this many years is truly amazing. I've never heard of that happening anywhere else .... ever! Must be something in "them thar hills". I wonder?

Clemson continues to out recruit everyone, convincing kids from all over the US (many from large metropolitan areas) to come to a rural, out of the way corner of a small state to play football, join "the brotherhood" (apologies to Duke), and be "all in" with Dabo. I guess it's just the magnetic charm of Dabo's beloved personality and his positivity, or maybe there is just something in "them thar hills". I wonder?

If all of this success is above board and beyond reproach, then congratulations are certainly in order. They have truly achieved greatness with hard work, perseverance and a great long term plan. I wonder?

If it isn't, then two national championships will be vacated, along with several ACC titles and some wins, and CU, for at least a couple of generations, will surely stand for Cheater University. I wonder?
You get a new order of Indica in and fire the bowl up? I wonder.

It’s easy there. Boosters running rampant, and PED use is overlooked by everyone.

Clemson has an avg recruiting rankings of about 10 during these 5 years, we may out recruit everyone this year and be number 1 for the first time. This notion that CU has had a lot of top 5 classes just isn’t close to being true.
Exactly. Good talent, but not the best, yet that pansy conference sets you up for success better than anyone else in the country

Exactly. Good talent, but not the best, yet that pansy conference sets you up for success better than anyone else in the country
I hear this a bunch but how do you justify that statement in the playoffs? All the teams have 4 weeks off to rest up from the season and prep for the playoffs and Clemson has stood toe to toe with Alabama and defeating EVERYONE else.

You are correct Clemson's overall class rankings are usually not top 5 , however, the last few years the per player average is pretty good. In addition, hitting on the 2 best QBs in our history. Heck there will be 4 starting qbs in college next year that was on Clemson's roster and Chase Brice would be a 5th at 95% of schools.

Crying about Clemson's superiority, while making us feel better, isn't going to change anything. Clemson has a 49 year old coach that may end up being the GOAT. Muschamp will peak at 8-4 every year.

Reactions: CCGC34

Before we started winning on the big stage, the theory was that Clemson would never win the big game because the ACC did not prepare them well enough and we were soft. Once we started winning the theory flipped to this.

Maybe the ACC has nothing to do with it. Maybe we were just better.

I believe success in college football is similar to success in stock car racing. Administrations must operate on the very edge of what's legal and whats not in order to achieve a competitive advantage. The more intelligent "cheaters" come out on top. On occasion, cheaters get caught, but the reputation of winning doesn't wear off quickly.
I wouldn't be surprised if Clemson funnels (launders) money to players through churches (or a single church). I hope I'm wrong. I saw a program in the past few months about another college football program doing that and they said it was very difficult to track. Either way, if we want to beat them, we have to play better on that given day - not necessarily be a better team. I think that will happen in the next year or so.

Clemson has an avg recruiting rankings of about 10 during these 5 years, we may out recruit everyone this year and be number 1 for the first time. This notion that CU has had a lot of top 5 classes just isn’t close to being true.
Cool!

Just accept it already...until this "cheating claim" we use to make ourselves feel better is backed up by evidence, they are better than us and everybody else in the country for now and the foreseeable future.

So.. one of your coaches admitting on tape that the basketball program was prepared to pay Zion is NOT evidence? The guy was on the payroll for 7 years so I'm guessing he has a pretty good idea of what's going on behind the curtain in all sports.

"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."
-Exodus 20:16

Honesty must always characterize our speech and conduct. To bear false witness against our neighbor is an affront to a holy God Who is Himself "the truth and the life" (John 14:6).

I hear this a bunch but how do you justify that statement in the playoffs? All the teams have 4 weeks off to rest up from the season and prep for the playoffs and Clemson has stood toe to toe with Alabama and defeating EVERYONE else.

You are correct Clemson's overall class rankings are usually not top 5 , however, the last few years the per player average is pretty good. In addition, hitting on the 2 best QBs in our history. Heck there will be 4 starting qbs in college next year that was on Clemson's roster and Chase Brice would be a 5th at 95% of schools.

Because Clemson can cruise through the season without much game planning week to week and they can begin installing the plan for the possible playoff match ups much, much earlier. They can beat most of the ACC on talent alone so no need to install a specific plan for each week. SC caught Clemson totally off guard last year and lit up the defense all game. I think it was pretty obvious that Clemson started game planning for Alabama early in the season, which is why Lawrence took over the starting role.

Reactions: lostcock
So.. one of your coaches admitting on tape that the basketball program was prepared to pay Zion is NOT evidence? The guy was on the payroll for 7 years so I'm guessing he has a pretty good idea of what's going on behind the curtain in all sports.

What you have is a guy on tape talking big. That's it.

History always repeats itself. They have a history cheating. Dabo has a shady history with Mike Dubose.

Reactions: BigTomE
Because Clemson can cruise through the season without much game planning week to week and they can begin installing the plan for the possible playoff match ups much, much earlier. They can beat most of the ACC on talent alone so no need to install a specific plan for each week. SC caught Clemson totally off guard last year and lit up the defense all game. I think it was pretty obvious that Clemson started game planning for Alabama early in the season, which is why Lawrence took over the starting role.
That's why Bobby Bowden said it's a lot easier to win a National Championship in the ACC than the SEC.

Reactions: BigTomE
History always repeats itself. They have a history cheating. Dabo has a shady history with Mike Dubose.

“They have a history of cheating”

Says the school that was on post-season probation in the 1960s, had a conference title vacated, set the precedent for one of the worst PED scandals in NCAA history during the 1980s (without punishment), and had NCAA infractions under both Holtz and Spurrier. When was the last time Clemson “cheated?” Charley Pell? (who later cheated worse at UF)

You know, it’s weird y’all conflate cheating with success when you’ve done so much of it with absolutely nothing to show for it. Maybe, just maybe, y’all would learn after 120 futile seasons that if you focus more on improving the culture of UofSC that success would follow. Instead, you just play the victim card and point fingers at others’ success. It’s pathetic. Y’all are a joke.

When Clempson starts winning by no more than 10 points on average against its ACC opponents, then I will start to believe they are vulnerable.

Clemson football has the one of the finest group of mercenary football players in the country right now. They're a national football team- no longer a South Carolina team.

Those assistants will eventually cash in but why not ride this wave?

“They have a history of cheating”

Says the school that was on post-season probation in the 1960s, had a conference title vacated, set the precedent for one of the worst PED scandals in NCAA history during the 1980s (without punishment), and had NCAA infractions under both Holtz and Spurrier. When was the last time Clemson “cheated?” Charley Pell? (who later cheated worse at UF)

You know, it’s weird y’all conflate cheating with success when you’ve done so much of it with absolutely nothing to show for it. Maybe, just maybe, y’all would learn after 120 futile seasons that if you focus more on improving the culture of UofSC that success would follow. Instead, you just play the victim card and point fingers at others’ success. It’s pathetic. Y’all are a joke.
Gaffney Gate would be the last time yall got caught paying recruits. And the Man that was paying is still a member of IPTAY. But I'm sure he learned his lesson lol. As far as PEDs Google college football Peds see who's name pops up. I'm pretty sure it was a Clemson Coach that was caught on a FBI wiretap. Bragging about how good the Football team keeps their cheating tight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT