ADVERTISEMENT

If AJ scores a TD

Nuk Hopkins didn’t drop a pass all year “they” say. He’s also been on the couch for 3 weeks. He also doesn’t claim Clemson during intros

Nuk Hopkins didn’t drop a pass all year “they” say. He’s also been on the couch for 3 weeks. He also doesn’t claim Clemson during intros

He doesn't claim Clemson because he didn't like going there and didn't like college experience

That is what he said in a podcast with Arian Foster

HOUSTON, TX (WACH) -- DeAndre Hopkins is a Pro Bowl wide receiver and the number one option for the Houston Texans but it was not always that way.

While appearing on Arian Foster's podcast "Now What?" he told his former teammate that he felt like the red-headed stepchild because he was often the second or third option at wide receiver and never felt like a priority to the coaches. These feelings factored into Hopkins leaving Clemson early for the NFL.

Hopkins also mentioned that his family was still eating Ramen noodles while he was in college so returning to Clemson definitely was not an option. He compared college to a Ponzi scheme saying "Even if you're not an athlete, it puts you in debt."

He doesn't claim Clemson because he didn't like going there and didn't like college experience

That is what he said in a podcast with Arian Foster

HOUSTON, TX (WACH) -- DeAndre Hopkins is a Pro Bowl wide receiver and the number one option for the Houston Texans but it was not always that way.

While appearing on Arian Foster's podcast "Now What?" he told his former teammate that he felt like the red-headed stepchild because he was often the second or third option at wide receiver and never felt like a priority to the coaches. These feelings factored into Hopkins leaving Clemson early for the NFL.

Hopkins also mentioned that his family was still eating Ramen noodles while he was in college so returning to Clemson definitely was not an option. He compared college to a Ponzi scheme saying "Even if you're not an athlete, it puts you in debt."

Sigh...So many people think college should be free.

Sigh...So many people think college should be free.
Even if not free, it shouldn't cost what it does for education, beggaring grads who will never pay off student debt despite getting a good career in their chosen field. Education and Healthcare have both gotten exponentially more expensive and outpaced inflation long ago.

Even if not free, it shouldn't cost what it does for education, beggaring grads who will never pay off student debt despite getting a good career in their chosen field. Education and Healthcare have both gotten exponentially more expensive and outpaced inflation long ago.
I do not disagree one bit with those two statements. But I don't think the answer is to expect everybody else to pay for the overpriced education and healthcare. That is basically ensuring the cost will always continue to expand. The problem with the socialization of those institutions is that it does nothing to lower the cost. It does not address the problem.

I do not disagree one bit with those two statements. But I don't think the answer is to expect everybody else to pay for the overpriced education and healthcare. That is basically ensuring the cost will always continue to expand. The problem with the socialization of those institutions is that it does nothing to lower the cost. It does not address the problem.
I totally agree with this. I don't know exactly what the answer is, but I do not believe fully subsidizing these programs is the answer.

I had to look that up about Kiffin. Maybe a picture or two.

link

Let me help you...

1220352.jpg

Something I have never understood about the families of college players needing them to go pro soon as possible because they are ‘eating ramen noodles’-what do the families who don’t have kids going pro, or indeed, kids who aren’t playing sports at all-what do they do? Why aren’t the families doing whatever those families do instead of counting on the kids to score the big bucks?

Something I have never understood about the families of college players needing them to go pro soon as possible because they are ‘eating ramen noodles’-what do the families who don’t have kids going pro, or indeed, kids who aren’t playing sports at all-what do they do? Why aren’t the families doing whatever those families do instead of counting on the kids to score the big bucks?
There's plenty of families eating ramen noodles all the time. Not just the ones who have kids going pro.

Sometimes we forget that in our busy lives of getting the kids to and from soccer, hockey, swim practice, make dinner and hopefully have 30 minutes to discuss their day before they're in bed.

Some of their families are in big need. Some are just basically on government assistance. We had a player a few years ago always tweeting about living in a project while he showed pics of the more than 100 pairs of shoes he owned. It's not hard to do the math and figure out that's more than $7000 worth of shoes. But Nuk got about $75,000 worth of college education. He comes off as a bit of a malcontent.

My theory is that some players stop going to class or stop trying when they are close to going pro. They burn their academic bridges and don’t have a choice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT