ADVERTISEMENT

If it is Bobo, Muschamp needs to be terminated

Cocky 45

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2019
Columbia, SC
Don't listen to anyone who is trying to BS you into accepting Bobo as a great hire, these same people were telling us Roper was a good hire, B Mac was a good hire, Muschamp was a good hire, etc.

It is time for General Caslen to step in and put an end to this ridiculous nonsense and just terminate the guy, and Tanner as well.

I have not advocated for Bobo, but the anti-Bobo crowd destroy their credibility when they say things like "he was garbage at UGA." By any metric, he was a good OC at UGA. You could argue very good. That has nothing to do with whether Champ should hire him, but it makes people look silly and ignorant when they say he was a bad OC.

Recent survey says 80% of UGA fans would take Bobo as their OC right now.....sure, we beat them, but we are not 11-1.....
This is not specific to Bobo but it's going to get ugly if we fire Muschamp next year. Not only will we have a $14M buyout for champ (ball-park), we'll have to buy-out Bobo (or whomever we hire) for about $5M. New coach will likely bring their own OC. This is in addition to the tickets and donations that are going to drop substantially. How are we saving money by keeping Mushchamp another year?

I have not advocated for Bobo, but the anti-Bobo crowd destroy their credibility when they say things like "he was garbage at UGA." By any metric, he was a good OC at UGA. You could argue very good. That has nothing to do with whether Champ should hire him, but it makes people look silly and ignorant when they say he was a bad OC.

I can only speak for myself on this one, but it seemed he always did less with more talent.... pretty easy to run an offense when you have Murray, Stafford, Gurley, Chubb, etc. in the backfield and then throwing to AJ Green, Julio Jones (I believe was there also, could be wrong)...

We need someone who can do more with less talent right now and take us in a complete different direction than we are currently going. We would be taking a failed HC of a team that just went 4-8. Not sure he is the answer, but then again, Mushcump is fighting for his last HC at a P5 school right now. It's on him.

Don't listen to anyone who is trying to BS you into accepting Bobo as a great hire, these same people were telling us Roper was a good hire, B Mac was a good hire, Muschamp was a good hire, etc.

It is time for General Caslen to step in and put an end to this ridiculous nonsense and just terminate the guy, and Tanner as well.
Waisting your time... Ain't happening...

its easy when you have the talent UGa had.

Lorenzo Ward comes to mind......

its easy when you have the talent UGa had.

Lorenzo Ward comes to mind......

This rationale has already been shot down.

Unless you're willing to concede that every successful coach of every talented team that has ever played was actually a bad coach,.

The major reasons for all this douchbaggery on the FGF...
1. Mediocre 4 life program if you take out Holtz and Spurrier
2. No testicular fortitude 4 life to make demands on/to the Board of Trustees
3. Desire to worship drunks or chainsmokers while crucifying good people
4. Clemson is really good right now....

Ignorant post we would be lucky to have Bobo he's a great OC.Do your homework before you post crap like this.

His offense/teams at CSU went 7-6, 7-6, 7-6, 3-9, 4-8
His two worst years were 18&19, and they were his most recent years.... with all his players that he recruited.
2018 avg 22.8 108/130
2019 avg 28.1 70/130

But that is what we are looking for... the spin cycle is going to happen explaining how he knows how to run an offense look at Georgia when he was there. Is Georgia much different now than when he was there? Nope- they still are winning 10-12 games a year... why? Because it is Georgia!

At Colorado State, Bobo's teams own three of the top-six school records for total offense in a season, in addition to the school record for most yards per game for a season (2017 - 492.5 yards per game). The Rams also had three of the top seven scoring seasons in school history, plus four of the top six seasons for passing touchdowns.

Some of his players
QB Matthew Stafford – Drafted No. 1 overall by the Detroit Lions in 2009 NFL Draft

WR A.J. Green – No. 4 overall pick to the Cincinnati Bengals in the 2011 NFL Draft

RB Todd Gurley – Freshman All-American (2012), second-team All-SEC (2012), No. 10 overall choice in 2015 NFL Draft, 2015 AP NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year

RB Knowshon Moreno – No. 12 overall pick by the Denver Broncos in the 2009 NFL Draft
His two worst years were 18&19, and they were his most recent years.... with all his players that he recruited.
2018 avg 22.8 108/130
2019 avg 28.1 70/130

But that is what we are looking for... the spin cycle is going to happen explaining how he knows how to run an offense look at Georgia when he was there. Is Georgia much different now than when he was there? Nope- they still are winning 10-12 games a year... why? Because it is Georgia!

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTomE
At Colorado State, Bobo's teams own three of the top-six school records for total offense in a season, in addition to the school record for most yards per game for a season (2017 - 492.5 yards per game). The Rams also had three of the top seven scoring seasons in school history, plus four of the top six seasons for passing touchdowns.

Some of his players
QB Matthew Stafford – Drafted No. 1 overall by the Detroit Lions in 2009 NFL Draft

WR A.J. Green – No. 4 overall pick to the Cincinnati Bengals in the 2011 NFL Draft

RB Todd Gurley – Freshman All-American (2012), second-team All-SEC (2012), No. 10 overall choice in 2015 NFL Draft, 2015 AP NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year

2COMMENTS
RB Knowshon Moreno – No. 12 overall pick by the Denver Broncos in the 2009 NFL Draft

You just mixed in the Will Muschamp argument about meaningless stats.... it's all about wins and losses. I didn't look at yards.... Yards don't mean a dang thing, only points on the board. And according to CSU website, they ranked 108 out of 130 teams in 2018 and 70 out of 130 teams this year.
McClendon had Bentley putting up all kind of yards last year, but it didn't mean a dang thing at the end of the year did it?

And You just helped me make my point even more.... You named of players he got to GEORGIA. Not Colorado State. We aren't Georgia. We aren't going to consistently recruit top five classes. Maybe he could help change that. But using solely the players he recruited being 2018 & 2019 seasons, he went 3-9 and 4-8. That is exactly who we already have as an HC.... a coach that boast about winning the most games in the first three years, while failing to mention he has lost the most amount of games during the four years he has been here percentage wise.

This is laughable. Going 4-8 in his 4th year is not enough to get him fired. But just hiring Bobo is? Good grief.

I don't mind the Bobo hire. He has strong recruiting ties in Georgia. He may be able flip a prized recruit this cycle. Mucshamp has proven he's the Problem, it doesn't matter who the OC is. The whole football Coaching staff will be gone next year at this time. So it really don't matter who's hired.

Reactions: scgamecockfan
I can only speak for myself on this one, but it seemed he always did less with more talent.... pretty easy to run an offense when you have Murray, Stafford, Gurley, Chubb, etc. in the backfield and then throwing to AJ Green, Julio Jones (I believe was there also, could be wrong)...

We need someone who can do more with less talent right now and take us in a complete different direction than we are currently going. We would be taking a failed HC of a team that just went 4-8. Not sure he is the answer, but then again, Mushcump is fighting for his last HC at a P5 school right now. It's on him.
I am certainly NOT suggesting that Bobo is the perfect fit for USC as I've believed for a long time that the Gamecocks need to embrace being intentionally different and innovative rather than running a traditional pro-set offense.

That said, UGA's yards and points per game increased dramatically when Bobo took over for Neil Callaway, then dropped like a rock when he left for CSU and was replaced by Brian Shottenheimer. He was a nominee for the Broyles award in 2012. His offenses averaged 415 yards per game and 33 points per game over 8 seasons as OC. That won't lead the nation or anything, but UGA has always been a run-first, ball-control offense. So, he wasn't being asked to win high-scoring shootouts like we see in the Big XII or Pac 12. Plus, he was a good recruiter and very good tutor of QBs (David Greene, DJ Shockley, Matt Stafford, and Aaron Murray). Heck, they averaged 40 points per game with Hutson Mason at QB.

So, Bobo may not be the guy that can turn USC around, but he's a solid coordinator.

Last edited:
2018 avg 22.8 108/130
2019 avg 28.1 70/130

You do understand that you have to play both offense and defense in football. My understanding that the offense did pretty well but the defense was pathetic. Truth is, good players make great coaches!

Reactions: BigTomE
If it's Bobo, he'll have my support. Muschamp is down to his last chip at the Blackjack table. He started with a big stack and has whittled it down splitting 10 and hitting 17s.

Make a good decision or you'll be asked to leave the table.

You do understand that you have to play both offense and defense in football. My understanding that the offense did pretty well but the defense was pathetic. Truth is, good players make great coaches!

His players at Georgia were elite NFL talent. We don't have any of that on the offensive side of the ball currently (Edwards is gone).
His offense still ranked 108 and 70 the last two years on offense while at CSU...

This is not specific to Bobo but it's going to get ugly if we fire Muschamp next year. Not only will we have a $14M buyout for champ (ball-park), we'll have to buy-out Bobo (or whomever we hire) for about $5M. New coach will likely bring their own OC. This is in addition to the tickets and donations that are going to drop substantially. How are we saving money by keeping Mushchamp another year?
Sad to say but I think we have Muschamp at least two more years.

If it's Bobo, he'll have my support. Muschamp is down to his last chip at the Blackjack table. He started with a big stack and has whittled it down splitting 10 and hitting 17s.

Make a good decision or you'll be asked to leave the table.

I read several different boards. This one, the one on 247 and SECRant. It "sounds" like UGA fans are not happy with Coley and want Bobo back. If that is true (and I don't know if it is or if it is just chatter) then between Muschamp and Smart I think Bobo will pick Kirby Smart and UGA. The only thing that might happen is that Bobo will be co-OC with Coley in which case he might decide to come to SC. He would have a lot more job security at UGA.

If he hires Bobo he has sealed his fate. Bobo is a stale OC and a minor upgrade at best.

I am certainly NOT suggesting that Bobo is the perfect fit for USC as I've believed for a long time that the Gamecocks need to embrace being intentionally different and innovative rather than running a traditional pro-set offense.

That said, UGA's yards and points per game increased dramatically when Bobo took over for Neil Callaway, then dropped like a rock when he left for CSU and was replaced by Brian Shottenheimer. He was a nominee for the Broyles award in 2012. His offenses averaged 415 yards per game and 33 points per game over 8 seasons as OC. That won't lead the nation or anything, but UGA has always been a run-first, ball-control offense. So, he wasn't being asked to win high-scoring shootouts like we see in the Big XII or Pac 12. Plus, he was a good recruiter and very good tutor of QBs (David Greene, DJ Shockley, Matt Stafford, and Aaron Murray). Heck, they averaged 40 points per game with Hutson Mason at QB.

So, Bobo may not be the guy that can turn USC around, but he's a solid coordinator.
With no experienced RB, no receivers, and terrible line, it will be hard for him to duplicate his Georgia stats here

Reactions: Robhawk29

#notadime

You just mixed in the Will Muschamp argument about meaningless stats.... it's all about wins and losses. I didn't look at yards.... Yards don't mean a dang thing, only points on the board. And according to CSU website, they ranked 108 out of 130 teams in 2018 and 70 out of 130 teams this year.
McClendon had Bentley putting up all kind of yards last year, but it didn't mean a dang thing at the end of the year did it?

And You just helped me make my point even more.... You named of players he got to GEORGIA. Not Colorado State. We aren't Georgia. We aren't going to consistently recruit top five classes. Maybe he could help change that. But using solely the players he recruited being 2018 & 2019 seasons, he went 3-9 and 4-8. That is exactly who we already have as an HC.... a coach that boast about winning the most games in the first three years, while failing to mention he has lost the most amount of games during the four years he has been here percentage wise.
I also pointed out that he set offensive records at Colorado State.You've helped me make my point..Thank you!!!

I don't mind the Bobo hire. He has strong recruiting ties in Georgia. He may be able flip a prized recruit this cycle. Mucshamp has proven he's the Problem, it doesn't matter who the OC is. The whole football Coaching staff will be gone next year at this time. So it really don't matter who's hired.
Exactly how many prize recruits did he get at CSU? Like they said Georgia is a different game.

I also pointed out that he set offensive records at Colorado State.You've helped me make my point..Thank you!!!

Lol, I don't care how many yards you put up! Who cares!!! It's about points and wins. Nothing else. You don't get extra credit because you can put up 400 yards passing a game and 150 yards rushing but don't have points to show for it. You are harping on the yardage records at CSU that his teams have set yet overlook the fact that he was 108 and 70 over the past two years in points per game nationally out of 130 teams.

Lol, I don't care how many yards you put up! Who cares!!! It's about points and wins. Nothing else. You don't get extra credit because you can put up 400 yards passing a game and 150 yards rushing but don't have points to show for it. You are harping on the yardage records at CSU that his teams have set yet overlook the fact that he was 108 and 70 over the past two years in points per game nationally out of 130 teams.
All you want is some no name coach so you can keep your love feast with downfall of our program.Anyone we hire you will push your stupid ideology.

Reactions: cockyboyjae
All you want is some no name coach so you can keep your love feast with downfall of our program.Anyone we hire you will push your stupid ideology.

I'd love to hear what you think my ideology is?

Here are the facts, not beliefs:
1) We don't have the same type personnel to run the offense that Georgia ran while Bobo was OC
2) The players he ran it with are guys who are playing on Sundays (Gurley, Green, Jones, Stafford)
3) If his offense was as good as you believe it is.... why was his record what it was the last two years 4-8 & 3-9 at CSU? And I continue to point out to you where he ranked nationally in scoring offense 108 and 70 over the past two years.

We have to have an OC that can do more with less, not the other way around. If Bobo is hired, then I'll support him, because then he represents our university and hopefully be a success coach here. I don't have to agree with the hire, neither does anyone else. Doesn't make us less of alumni or fans. If Muschamp hitches his horse to this cart, then either it's a great move meaning we are heading in the right direction, or it means that Muschamp has failed again at finding the right OC, and in that case, we find us an innovative HC who can possibly get things turned around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT