ADVERTISEMENT

If Shawn Elliott really wants to prove he can be HC..

gamecockblack

Jun 25, 2015
Columbia
then get more involved with the defense & tell Jon Hoke to be more aggressive with his play calling. Tell him that you want to see our secondary challenge WR's more at the line of scrimmage. He is now the chief. In the press conference I heard him say he loves SC & it would be a dream situation to coach here for years to come. If that is truly the case then shake things up! Let guys know you mean business. If he has any hope of retaining his job now is not the time to try & be friends with the other coaches. That's our problem. We've become a friendly bunch who gets pushed around on game day. Everyone needs to be held accountable. He is trying to leave the impression that he can get the job done. He has a play caller right now in Mangus & maybe Jr also so he can be more in tune with what's going on with the entire team. I think one of the downfalls of Spurrier being the HC & OC was that he wasn't able to oversee the team like he probably wanted to. He put too much faith in Ward & his defensive staff & they haven't gotten the job done. Elliott needs to come with a no BS type of attitude & hold the other coaches to that standard because it has not been that way for awhile. That's my take on it.

You know, if Elliott does get the job, that he is going to have to let go a number of people he has worked closely with around five years now.

If he wants to be successful. That is something I would not want to be in the position to have to do.

You know, if Elliott does get the job, that he is going to have to let go a number of people he has worked closely with around five years now.

If he wants to be successful. That is something I would not want to be in the position to have to do.
You've got that right. He had to have known with the way things have gone if he was ever in position to take over some tough decisions have to be made, & if you can't make those tough decisions being a head coach isn't right for you. That's why some guys are much better at being position coaches. I personally am rooting for Elliott to do well the rest of this season & let's see what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT