ADVERTISEMENT

If someone would have told you following the 2013 football season

Yeah, but only because I have lived through this kind of letdown forever. I mean going into 85 with Hold at QB we were supposed to be top 15. 88 was Ellis' year to win the Heisman and Carolina to challenge for a NC . 02 was going to be electric with Corey Jenkins at QB.

You could tell me Carolina goes 0-12 next year and I would pretty much be reasonably accepting of it

It's September 2014

The Cocks have won 40 games in the past 4 years and just had the #1 overall draft pick. We have moved firmly ahead of our two biggest rivals in Georgia and Clemson and are unanimous picks to win the SEC East. We are poised to take the next step and move into the upper echelon of college football programs. It all starts with taking care of a Johnny Football-less Texas A&M.

Life is good SmokinSmile

It's September 2014

The Cocks have won 40 games in the past 4 years and just had the #1 overall draft pick. We have moved firmly ahead of our two biggest rivals in Georgia and Clemson and are unanimous picks to win the SEC East. We are poised to take the next step and move into the upper echelon of college football programs. It all starts with taking care of a Johnny Football-less Texas A&M.

Life is good SmokinSmile
When the ball kicked off that day was the last time I was fired up for a Carolina football game. I mean REALLY fired up. I still love it, and I still get excited from time to time, but that was the last time I was so eager for a game my wife thought I was depressed during the off-season until the season started again.

Life was as good as it could get before that game kicked off.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
When the ball kicked off that day was the last time I was fired up for a Carolina football game. I mean REALLY fired up. I still love it, and I still get excited from time to time, but that was the last time I was so eager for a game my wife thought I was depressed during the off-season until the season started again.

Life was as good as it could get before that game kicked off.

My senior year. We all thought we were going to win it all that year. MAYBE would drop one game during the regular season. So dumb not to be able to see the cracks that were there.

That game was deflating. BUT.. we came back and beat UGA at home and gave us life again. I think the killer was Kentucky (start of the streak). That was when I knew it was bad.

Reactions: Pole
August 28th, 2014. ESPN films had just released "The Believer" documentary about Spurrier. A hundred foot banner of Coach Spurrier had been unfurled along the west facade of Williams-Brice Stadium (this monument to pomposity should have been our first clue, but we were blind).

So much hype going into the 2014 season.

As the familiar crescendo of Sprach Zarathustra (2001) blared over the loudspeaker, with the glittering garnet clad marching band forming their tunnel on the field and 82,000 fans nearing hysteria... that very moment before the Texas A&M game was the high water mark of South Carolina football. Anything seemed possible. We hadn't quite arrived at the promised land (a national championship), but we could see the promised land from our front porch.

Then A&M put up 52 points...

Last edited:
August 28th, 2014. ESPN films had just released "The Believer" documentary about Spurrier. A hundred foot banner of Coach Spurrier had been unfurled along the west facade of Williams-Brice Stadium (this monument to pomposity should have been our first clue, but we were blind).

So much hype around the program going into 2014. The moments leading up to kickoff of that A&M game were they high water mark of South Carolina football. Anything seemed possible. We hadn't quite arrived at the promised land (a national championship), but we could see the promised land from our front porch.

I agree. And if at that point someone would have told you Clempsin would become a dominant team, built for the long haul, what would you have said?
and oh yeah they would start their own streak of 5+...
:mad:

Our 5-peat was like we bought it on a high interest credit card. And we are still paying back at 28%.

Another sterling performance by a Whammy led defense who is now the HC at Louisville. Don't understand how he is even in CFB after all his failures. But he's still making millions or close to it. There's only one explanation either it's voodoo or he has pics of everyone involved in CFB.

1q1jpb.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT