ADVERTISEMENT

If we get to 6 wins

vacock#

Oct 26, 1998
Hell will …

Ok, expected wins
Vanderbilt
Troy

I think Auburn is down and at home and, even though the odds are against us, I’m hoping for a win.
Missouri is the only other team we have a reasonable chance but it is an away game so not good.

So, if you were coach and knew you were expecting a losing season, what do you do?

Hell will …

Ok, expected wins
Vanderbilt
Troy

I think Auburn is down and at home and, even though the odds are against us, I’m hoping for a win.
Missouri is the only other team we have a reasonable chance but it is an away game so not good.

So, if you were coach and knew you were expecting a losing season, what do you do?
Jailbreak the offense and make it as exciting as possible like Ole Miss and hope like hell it attracts elite skill players on offense. Right now paint drying is more exciting than this. I would never come here and play under Satterfield.

Massey RPI chance to win
as of 9/26/2021

87 Troy
85 Vanderbilt
45 at Missouri
39 at Tennessee
38 Clemson
37 Auburn
32 Florida
17 at Texas A&M

5 home games and 3 away

We are not capable of beating anyone in the league besides Vandy. Based on our UK performance, no other wins in the conference are feasible. Doubt we can score on Clemson's D.
I admit to being more optimistic than you. We'll see. I thought holding KY to 16 pts made last night's game winnable, especially after watching our 2nd half opening drive. And if we can score against Georgia we will score something against clemy.

Reactions: TAV31
If we dont beat them by at least 21 we wont beat another team not named Vandy. This is not the Troy that beat LSU or should've beat Clemsux the year they won it all.
If the team continues playing as it is (dismal offensive showings), I expect the Troy game to be very much like ECU. Our D will contain them pretty well, and the O will struggle, but hopefully eek out just enough for the “W”.

I admit to being more optimistic than you. We'll see. I thought holding KY to 16 pts made last night's game winnable, especially after watching our 2nd half opening drive. And if we can score against Georgia we will score something against clemy.
The defense. They didn't hold UK to 16. UK held UK to 16. Sloppy, careless, ball security. Once Stoops apparently blistered the backs at the end of the 3rd and they started protecting the ball, they ran right up the gut of the defense at will. And this was at a point of the game when our defense knew they were going to do nothing but run the football.

We are an underdog in games other than Vanderbilt and Troy. Just showing some possibilities (and wishing and hoping).

We know it will be very unlikely to have more than 4 wins so why not just stop complaining and be entertained and possibly amazed at unexpected upsets?

I will stick to 6-6 . Troy, UT, Vandy, mizz,Auburn and taters all are winnable and we could lose all of them.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Hell will …

Ok, expected wins
Vanderbilt
Troy

I wouldn't wager on 6. If we get 5, I 'd be shocked and amazed

The defense. They didn't hold UK to 16. UK held UK to 16. Sloppy, careless, ball security. Once Stoops apparently blistered the backs at the end of the 3rd and they started protecting the ball, they ran right up the gut of the defense at will. And this was at a point of the game when our defense knew they were going to do nothing but run the football.
This post makes zero sense. Our defense caused those turnovers. UK didn't simply drop those balls, it was knocked out.

These threads never fail to amuse. Anyone that watched the Kentucky game has to realize that 6 wins are all but a pipe dream. I'm more worried about beating Troy at this point.

Reactions: uscwatson21
We are an underdog in games other than Vanderbilt and Troy. Just showing some possibilities (and wishing and hoping).

We know it will be very unlikely to have more than 4 wins so why not just stop complaining and be entertained and possibly amazed at unexpected upsets?
Because those four games are basically gimme games. And while our defense has shown improvement, our offense is beyond pathetic.

How are we supposed to be entertained if we have a net gain of zero when it comes to overall improvement?

I can live with four wins IF we show real improvement and competitiveness as the season goes on. But if it's just more of the same, consider me less than enthused.

Reactions: cadcock
I said 6 wins before season started was a Great Season, I cant find 6 now.. OH WELL, 4 is more realistic... How does SC beat ANYONE other than maybe Troy and Vandy. Right now, 5 will be a raech..
Four games in, we're getting close to the point of being 'we are what we are' (if we aren't there already). But MY GOODNESS, if this team could just find some semblance of an offense!!

I said 4 wins in the preseason. I later flirted with the idea that we could possibly upset UT or maybe Mizzou.

I have since come back to my senses and will stick with 4 -- and the third one against Troy is going to be closer than people think.

Many fans correctly pointed out that UK was Beamer's first real test of the season. After that turd of a game last Saturday, I will now say Beamer's next test will come at the end of the season. We'll see if he has the cojones to make a change with this offensive staff. Because this offense is hot garbage right now.

Hell will …

Ok, expected wins
Vanderbilt
Troy

3-9

We are not capable of beating anyone in the league besides Vandy. Based on our UK performance, no other wins in the conference are feasible. Doubt we can score on Clemson's D.
uk is better than mizzoo and ut.. dont know why people keep disrespecting kentucky on here, they are pretty solid... doesnt mean we will beat anybody but auburn, mizzoo ut and clemson are actually doable at this point in time...might not win a single one of them but thats not the point and we definitely need to get better on offense

I see (Praying out loud) a Troy win, a Vandy win, and maybe just maybe a UT or Mizzo win... IMO SC's only hopes.... But actually Taters look beatable, i personally think SC is as Good as GT, GT Could have won that game against Klimpsun..

uk is better than mizzoo and ut.. dont know why people keep disrespecting kentucky on here, they are pretty solid... doesnt mean we will beat anybody but auburn, mizzoo ut and clemson are actually doable at this point in time...might not win a single one of them but thats not the point and we definitely need to get better on offense
Don't tell the truth on here, people don't like it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT