ADVERTISEMENT

If you are angry AT the players, or coaches, I blame YOU FOR 3-8. Yes...YOU.

GSC2013

Oct 11, 2015
Time to grow up USC fans. Whether you went there or not...this applies equally. I see a lot of anger in the fan base. A lot directed AT players and coaches. I'm disappointed in 2015 of course. But you think players and coaches WANT 3-8? Every player WANTS to be All SEC. Every coach WANTS TO be the next Saban.

Seems some of you are angry AT the players and coaches....for simply not being better than they are. Fact is...they did their best. Elliot and Ward just aren't Saban and Meyer. Orth and Wilds and the D? They simply aren't Braxton Miller or Bama D. Don't be MAD AT THEM for simply not being better than what they are.

SO....I BLAME YOU ANGRY FAN. YEP.

YOU could've walked on at USC, just like Nebraska walk on stars used to in their programs 1990s championship runs. YOU could've become All SEC, All American, won a Heisman and a National Championship for us. Set us up for a decade or more of NC rings and glory. We could've brought in multiple 5 star recruits on your legacy and Heisman statue.

YOU could've founded a new business, become a multi billionaire and donated $500,000,000 to USC and allowed us to offer Saban or Meyer 10M a year and began a dynasty. Could've built us the college equivalent of the Cowboys stadium here in SC.

But....you Mr. Mad Fan....didnt. You didn't walk on and bring us a championship. You didn't found a billion dollar company and make massive donations.

So I'm mad at YOU for 3-8. YOU could've done more. But you didnt.

Oh.... so its unfair to be mad at YOU for simply not being better than you are? Yeah. I'm sure the players and coaches feel the same way when we get mad at them for putting it all on the line and simply coming up short.

All the players and coaches of 2015....thanks for the effort; we are all disappointed together but you guys kept fighting and that will take you a long way in life, best of luck to everyone.

Now...on to 2016. And I expect some of the fans who are angry at players and coaches....to either be at spring walk on tryouts or wrote that 500 million dollar check so we can hire Bill Belichik. Otherwise....let's cheer on the new 2016 team and realize...no...we aren't Bama or LSU or Ohio State....but let's try to give em hell anyway.

You're right. This team was AWESOME!!! with three !!!'s. I'm so sorry I ever wanted more.

You're right. This team was AWESOME!!! with three !!!'s. I'm so sorry I ever wanted more.

Completely missed the point.

Everyone wants more. Including the players and coaches.

You're mad at them for not being better and doing more. Well....why didn't you do more?

You're mad at them for not being better and doing more. Well....why didn't you do more?
The coaches quit recruiting. People have a right to be mad at them because they quit.

question?.... what could i have done as a fan except pull for the team and want us to win??

its the coaches job to field a decent team. THEY failed , not the fans.
players get a pass bc they chose to play here and its obvious to me they gave their all

however, to blame fans for 3-9 is ridiculous. there is literally nothing we could have done to prevent this

question?.... what could i have done as a fan except pull for the team and want us to win??

its the coaches job to field a decent team. THEY failed , not the fans.
players get a pass bc they chose to play here and its obvious to me they gave their all

however, to blame fans for 3-9 is ridiculous. there is literally nothing we could have done to prevent this

You could be better. Start a multi million dollar company and donate the money to hire Saban and built awesome facilities to recruit better.

Texas fans do it. Why can't you? If we demand players and coaches be better than they are....then so should you.

The coaches quit recruiting. People have a right to be mad at them because they quit.

No they didn't. I recall 2011-2015 the Gamecocks landed top 20 ranked classes every year. Fact.

Some players just didn't pan out. The coaches never stopped recruiting. Just missed on several and team chemistry didn't work out.

IMAGINE if some of us fans had walked on back in our day and won several SEC titles and some Heisman trophies to show off to recruits....I bet the coaches would've landed more 5 stars right? But we didnt.

I'm not angry, but I am disappointed in the coaches. Their job was to recruit, train and teach the young men how to play football. They are being paid for this service. They are not performing this service as well as they are expected to, especially for the pay they were drawing. Therefore, anger aimed at the coaches is understandable at worst and justified at best. Being mad because they continued to lose with a team that they didn't know how to properly coach is just asinine. The damage was done before the season, before Spurrier left. But to get more angry that a man who is not a head coach with a staff that he didn't assemble, could not pull off amazing wins with a team that he only partially recruited is wasted energy. We knew the season was a dud before Spurrier quit on us. Continuing to judge the staff on that criteria is completely unnecessary. But yes, I want to see a new staff here to see what can be done going forward.

I'm not angry, but I am disappointed in the coaches. Their job was to recruit, train and teach the young men how to play football. They are being paid for this service. They are not performing this service as well as they are expected to, especially for the pay they were drawing. Therefore, anger aimed at the coaches is understandable at worst and justified at best. Being mad because they continued to lose with a team that they didn't know how to properly coach is just asinine. The damage was done before the season, before Spurrier left. But to get more angry that a man who is not a head coach with a staff that he didn't assemble, could not pull off amazing wins with a team that he only partially recruited is wasted energy. We knew the season was a dud before Spurrier quit on us. Continuing to judge the staff on that criteria is completely unnecessary. But yes, I want to see a new staff here to see what can be done going forward.

Disappointed....yes. Fully understand that.

Time to grow up USC fans. Whether you went there or not...this applies equally. I see a lot of anger in the fan base. A lot directed AT players and coaches. I'm disappointed in 2015 of course. But you think players and coaches WANT 3-8? Every player WANTS to be All SEC. Every coach WANTS TO be the next Saban.

Seems some of you are angry AT the players and coaches....for simply not being better than they are. Fact is...they did their best. Elliot and Ward just aren't Saban and Meyer. Orth and Wilds and the D? They simply aren't Braxton Miller or Bama D. Don't be MAD AT THEM for simply not being better than what they are.

YOU could've walked on at USC, just like Nebraska walk on stars used to in their programs 1990s championship runs. YOU could've become All SEC, All American, won a Heisman and a National Championship for us. Set us up for a decade or more of NC rings and glory. We could've brought in multiple 5 star recruits on your legacy and Heisman statue.

YOU could've founded a new business, become a multi billionaire and donated $500,000,000 to USC and allowed us to offer Saban or Meyer 10M a year and began a dynasty. Could've built us the college equivalent of the Cowboys stadium here in SC.

But....you Mr. Mad Fan....didnt. You didn't walk on and bring us a championship. You didn't found a billion dollar company and make massive donations.

Oh.... so its unfair to be mad at YOU for simply not being better than you are? Yeah. I'm sure the players and coaches feel the same way when we get mad at them for putting it all on the line and simply coming up short.

All the players and coaches of 2015....thanks for the effort; we are all disappointed together but you guys kept fighting and that will take you a long way in life, best of luck to everyone.

Now...on to 2016. And I expect some of the fans who are angry at players and coaches....to either be at spring walk on tryouts or wrote that 500 million dollar check so we can hire Bill Belichik. Otherwise....let's cheer on the new 2016 team and realize...no...we aren't Bama or LSU or Ohio State....but let's try to give em hell anyway.

Let me guess: you're a Democrat, right?

A lot of people have given a lot of time, energy, money, etc...and totally invested whatever portion of their lives they could afford in the name of USC as a university, and the football program as well. Instead of pointless drivel - we come on here (mostly) to hear and be heard by like-minded people with similar interests. We all hurt at this point, but a system is in place and we are voicing our concerns, fears, wishes on here to see how it resonates amongst our Gamecock family. Even when I hear an opinion that differs greatly from mine, I know that I may 100% wrong and that differing opinion may be 100% right....so who knows.

That said - barring anyone who sold their tickets to CU fans this past Saturday, we collectively have given a lot, and for some of us over a long period of time. We only want something good to be pursued.

Let me guess: you're a Democrat, right?

I'm not. I don't vote. What's your point? If we can be angry at player and coaches for not being better than they are...why can't we do some self evaluation and ask why some of us fans haven't been better than what we are?

Reactions: CockPete
No they didn't. I recall 2011-2015 the Gamecocks landed top 20 ranked classes every year. Fact.

Some players just didn't pan out. The coaches never stopped recruiting. Just missed on several and team chemistry didn't work out.

IMAGINE if some of us fans had walked on back in our day and won several SEC titles and some Heisman trophies to show off to recruits....I bet the coaches would've landed more 5 stars right? But we didnt.
This is seriously like an argument a teenager would use. These coaches make a lot of money to win games, and they have been outworked. It's very clear that they have been outworked. It's okay for fans to demand more from an athletic program.

No one is asking for the coaches to be killed. People just want new coaches because the ones we have aren't winning football games. Are you suggesting that the fans should just shut up and smile about the losses?

A lot of people have given a lot of time, energy, money, etc...and totally invested whatever portion of their lives they could afford in the name of USC as a university, and the football program as well. Instead of pointless drivel - we come on here (mostly) to hear and be heard by like-minded people with similar interests. We all hurt at this point, but a system is in place and we are voicing our concerns, fears, wishes on here to see how it resonates amongst our Gamecock family. Even when I hear an opinion that differs greatly from mine, I know that I may 100% wrong and that differing opinion may be 100% right....so who knows.

That said - barring anyone who sold their tickets to CU fans this past Saturday, we collectively have given a lot, and for some of us over a long period of time. We only want something good to be pursued.

100% agree and understandable. I'm assuming you are not the type of fan I'm speaking of.

Disappointed fans...yeah...everyone is.

I'm referring to the childish ANGRY fans name calling the players and coaches. Even the day of or after a game...I understand emotion. But there are still angry fans...calling players and coaches horrible things. Those are who I'm referring to.

Not the respectful, disappointed fans.

This is seriously like an argument a teenager would use. These coaches make a lot of money to win games, and they have been outworked. It's very clear that they have been outworked. It's okay for fans to demand more from an athletic program.

No one is asking for the coaches to be killed. People just want new coaches because the ones we have aren't winning football games. Are you suggesting that the fans should just shut up and smile about the losses?

Spurrier was "out worked" at Florida. But look at his trophy case there.

These coaches may or may not have been "out worked" in hours put in. I kinda doubt it. They may have just been beaten. Out recruited. I'm not mad at them for it. They just lost to better opponents.

I'm not. I don't vote. What's your point? If we can be angry at player and coaches for not being better than they are...why can't we do some self evaluation and ask why some of us fans haven't been better than what we are?
So what do you think should be done? Is it okay to be upset with Tanner for allowing them to stay even though their best isn't good enough to win 4 football games? Or does Tanner also deserve a pass because he's doing his best?

funny. Uga fans are upset at ave 10 wins a season over the last 5 yrs.

According to you We can't even be upset for losing 9.

Spurrier was "out worked" at Florida. But look at his trophy case there.

These coaches may or may not have been "out worked" in hours put in. I kinda doubt it. They may have just been beaten. Out recruited. I'm not mad at them for it. They just lost to better opponents.
Do you think they should be allowed to stay even though their best isn't good enough to win 4 games?

Neither does George Carlin

All blame lies squarely on Steve Spurrier's shoulders.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT