ADVERTISEMENT

If you see your kid in this then you have work to do. warning language

Point is.... throwing the F bomb around nowadays like its just another vocabulary word has become the norm.
There is no place for vulgarity in a public space where families and children are present.
Its not a matter of legality or whether its motivational material or whether it hurts recruiting. Its a matter of common decency and morality.

I agree with this also specifically on social media and cell phones where a lot of people chose to express there feelings and emotions now days! People don’t confront people or adversity in person with individuals they have issues with or don’t like. They use social media and cell phones to express their feelings or disliking of people hoping to get a reaction from other people or friends. There is consequences for using social media and cell phones in an immoral way from a communication standpoint!!

Reactions: Cybercock
“ Is now a crime in the state of SC? “ Defending my buddy who I have know since we were in middle school and his son!

Unlawful Communication is the use of a telephone or other electronic means to:

• communicate words or language of a profane, vulgar, or lewd nature, or convey an obscene, vulgar, indecent, profane, suggestive, or immoral message to another person
  • threaten an unlawful act with the intent to coerce, intimidate, or harass another person
  • repeatedly contact, whether or not conversation ensues, for the purpose of annoying or harassing another person or his family
  • make false statements concerning the death or injury of a family member, with the intent to annoy, frighten, or terrify the person

That is the key to this statute (The Use of a telephone or other electronic means) before the four listed bullet points would apply). I was in the business for almost 30 years and what they are saying out loud is protected speech per the US Supreme Court. I know this fact because people have been saying "**** the Police" for years and they can't be arrested for it. As far as the law goes, I am not going to debate you on the constitutional aspects of free speech, but such profanity is not something one should endorse from either side. Feel free to watch any YouTube Video about interactions with Police Officers and the profanity used toward those officers. See for yourself just how many were arrested.

Last edited:
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

That is the key to this statute. i was in the business for almost 30 years and what they are saying out loud is protected speech per the US Supreme Court. I know this fact because people have been saying "**** the Police" for years and they can't be arrested for it. Now granted, I think it is sad to see such demonstrations at a game, but I also remember the time at Clemson where the fan flipped off the camera during the ending of another South Carolina victory there. As far as the law goes, I am not going to debate you on the constitutional aspects of free speech, but it is not something one should endorse from either side.

This is a video ( electronic means) where a couple of Fans express profane, vulgar language toward Dabo. Dabo express his feelings in his press conference this past week toward UofSC fans based on past year results specifically! I never heard of the law prior to my buddy son, 19 years old being charged for unlawful communication by using a cell phone and FB. I believe the reason for the law being pushed in todays world is because of Social Media and cell phone use globally period. Free speech was question at the time! It like getting a traffic ticket or DUI and having to spend money regardless to clear a person name. Money is a big part of it also In my opinion!!

• Haha

That is the key to this statute. i was in the business for almost 30 years and what they are saying out loud is protected speech per the US Supreme Court. I know this fact because people have been saying "**** the Police" for years and they can't be arrested for it. Now granted, I think it is sad to see such demonstrations at a game, but I also remember the time at Clemson where the fan flipped off the camera during the ending of another South Carolina victory there. As far as the law goes, I am not going to debate you on the constitutional aspects of free speech, but such profanity is not something one should endorse from either side.

•••• the police and can’t be arrested for it! This key also because it was an officer who charged my buddy son! The officers might be getting tired of the unlawful communication towards them by taken it out on society!

If this law were to be applied under the conditions you listed, then every time there is a protest and every time the media films the protesters yelling "Fu## the Police", we could arrest them according to this logic. You have no experience or background in law enforcement. That is obvious. I was a police officer in Charlotte for almost 26 years after spending the first two years of my career as a Deputy Sheriff in Columbia. Perhaps you should check with your buddy's son and ask him exactly what happened and by what electronic means did he use to harass and/or intimidate the victim. Was it his phone or his Facebook account? And who did he send this communication to? It was obviously someone he knew and that person, in turn, called the police and filed a complaint. Just conjecture on my part, but that is usually how it all happens when the police get involved.

Last edited:
If this law were to be applied under the conditions you listed, then every time there is a protest and every time the media films the protesters yelling "Fu## the Police", we could arrest them according to this logic. But believe what you will.

I don’t think the law is concrete, your way or my way specifically if a person has money!! It would be a very bad move for Dabo and Clemson from a PR standpoint regardless!!

If this law were to be applied under the conditions you listed, then every time there is a protest and every time the media films the protesters yelling "Fu## the Police", we could arrest them according to this logic. You have no experience or background in law enforcement. That is obvious. I was a police officer in Charlotte for almost 26 years after spending the first two years of my career as a Deputy Sheriff in Columbia. Perhaps you should check with your buddy's son and ask him exactly what happened and by what electronic means did he use to harass and/or intimidate the victim. Was it his phone or his Facebook account? And who did he send this communication to? It was obviously someone he knew and that person, in turn, called the police and filed a complaint. Just conjecture on my part, but that is usually how it all happens when the police get involved.

Yes or no, if Dabo wanted to go after those fans, based on the description and previous esperience with UofSC fan for unlawful communication, he could and it would stick? I have mentioned the electronic means of communication with my buddy son! He is ok, but has a misdemeanor on his record now and has to wait 3 years to have it expunged. Consequences!! This is ultimately my point with Social media and cell phones “ phones or electronic devices” used immoral has a price!

Last edited:
I don’t think the law is concrete, your way or my way specifically if a person has money!! It would be a very bad move for Dabo and Clemson from a PR standpoint regardless!!

You seem very confused about this law you keep worrying about. 95% of what you've said so far in this thread is wrong.

Being on video has nothing to do with it. The person FILMING this video would be the one charged if for some reason they sent it out to people with intent of intimidating them. Even still very very unlikely.

That is precisely why I have no interest in attending more than 1 game every couple of years. I have 3 daughters (15, 12 and 11) and I try my best to keep their innocence for as long as possible. Have they already heard someone drop an f bomb? Of course. Are there things much worse? Absolutely. Do I still want to expose my kids to a bunch of drunken, curse like a sailor fools at a football game? Not a chance. We will stay at home and watch on tv. The one and only time I took my oldest daughter to a game, we had a drunken witch stumbling down the walkway literally slam her shoulder into my daughters' shoulder and keep walking without saying a word. When my daughter said "excuse you," the woman told her to F off. I was ready to slap the living snot out of that toothless old hag Tennesshe fan and probably would have would it not have taken me 10 minutes to get to her through the masses of people. We have not been back since. The public is getting worse and worse and worse and it is partly due to all you people calling someone a Karen over their being bothered by the rudeness and lack of any morals of the drunken mob in society. You would stand there and clap and film the drunks while they bang each other in the bathroom stalls but mock someone for making a comment here complaining about the behavior being seen by their little kids. Pillars of society, I tell ya.

Your posts offend me, Concrete, and the threats to turn use the police against us not only offends me; but makes me feel threatened as well. You should stop. What you're doing is an offense punishable by law according to an internet expert I recently met.

The young guy wearing the black Jersey specifically, could be charged if Dabo “ unwilling party” was offended or intimidated!! Dabo mentioned The UofSC immoral ( part of unlawful communication) fans in his press conference this past week because of past years experience. The press conference is the warning hypothetically against the UofSC fans. The video is easy access now! It isn’t going to happen and Dabo wasn’t scared but hindsite is 20/20. F Dabo by the young man wearing the black jersey is immoral communication words of profane, vulgar!!
I'm guessing you're not an attorney.

Vulgar and profane language is protected speech.

The fact that some fans here are condoning this behavior is troubling . You really think Dabo needs anymore reason to kick our ass every year ? Just plain dumb and stupid on USC fans part !

Reactions: SparkleCity
So, I could have filmed this dude last night and posted it! He was being a horse’s ass. My point is there are great folks, and folks with no class anywhere you go, in every fan base. The fact every Tom, Dick, and Harry have cameras on their phones these days has exposed videos that never were out there before. I personally know two families in Mt Pleasant that tragically lost their sons outside Death Valley following CU night games in the last ten years. Doing substances that ended their lives. Bad stuff happens, stupid things happen, drunks do, and say, things they’d never do or say sober. That’s all....it’s not exclusive to USC, Clemson, or any other school.

Trying to deflect blame on Clemson doesn't work here. I personally know several murders and rapes that have happened at our stadium after football games. Does that make it any better that there was substance abuse up in the hills of Clemson? I don't think so. We have work to do.

That's pathetic.

The problem is that the people in that video are so clueless, this plays right into the hands of the Clemson coaching staff.

Not that they need any additional motivation but I would not be surprised that they use it in a pre-game talk.

I also wouldn't be surprised if their recruiting staff doesn't take that video, professional it up some and send it to every 10th grader on their radar screen that might possibly have South Carolina on their list. More importantly, they will likely send it to their mommas.

regardless of our opinions, Clemson's recruiting effort is A++++++

There is just no need for that stuff.

Plus, families that are there to show their children the football players coming into the stadium don't need to hear a bunch of idiots yelling profane words at other students coming into a stadium to play a game.

I dislike Clemson's teams as much as anyone but yelling curse words at them as they try to get off the bus? At least everyone knows there is no chance we could have the slightest bit of class.
Clemson an uofSC very seldom recruit head to head . If you had been in sales you would know you don't ever waste time talking about your competition. You spend your time selling your product. Just the way it works best.

Trying to deflect blame on Clemson doesn't work here. I personally know several murders and rapes that have happened at our stadium after football games. Does that make it any better that there was substance abuse up in the hills of Clemson? I don't think so. We have work to do.
Need more jesus.

Read and comprehend Lakecock1, the young buck I know didn’t threaten the individual he was mad at. He did use profane words like F off and the person called the police! If you piss the wrong person off, you can be charged, officer discretion!!!
You are correct in that. I would like to offer you some advice but somehow I don't think it would be appropriate on this forum. I will say your friend's son should go seek legal counsel. I'm not sure if you're aware but some of us on here are involved in this area.

You seem very confused about this law you keep worrying about. 95% of what you've said so far in this thread is wrong.

Being on video has nothing to do with it. The person FILMING this video would be the one charged if for some reason they sent it out to people with intent of intimidating them. Even still very very unlikely.
He seemed to be "all over the place" with his posts. I had a hard time just trying to understand what he was trying to convey in his repeated posts. I can now understand why Coach B in New England just says "Asked and answered...next question." with reporters that keep asking the same questions over and over again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT