ADVERTISEMENT

If you still need to decide about firing Will Muschamp...

Thank you for your detailed reply. I want you to keep an open mind and ponder what I say.

There are many posters on this forum that want both RT and WM gone. If FM goes that would be fine too.

Look at BobbyFoitball. There are many posters like him. In fact on FGF they are the majority. On TIF I think it is balanced.

The heart of the issue is the competence (or incompetence) of RT and his hires. Major men’s sports have nosedived since RT took over. That is a fact. From RT’s first hire in men’s sports to the present there has been no home run. In fact, it is the opposite. He then adds to the misery by doling our buyouts to WM and FM that bind the university in a headlock. Time and time again RT has screwed up and his financial and hiring acumen is absent.

Our instate rival Owns us in football and with WM we are never going to beat them. Who in his right mind hires a coach who failed at a better resourced school? Don’t bring up Ed O. Ed O is an entirely different story. He failed at Ole Miss, not a Florida. As an interim he fared well. WM in the other hand is a micromanager who believes in hard nosed grind it out football - the style that won Saban NCs with elite talent. But Saban has changed. That style is passé. Ed O changed. Now Kirby has changed (Monken). But our genius brings in Bobo to run his system. We are doomed. Look at the Schools that are prospering - LSU, Clemson, Bama and their current style of play. We bring in good signal callers and then handcuff them. It never changes.

if we don’t make drastic changes in the Athletic Department we are destined to be the laughing stock of the SEC. RT should move to fundraising and WM should go and take Frank with him. It is not about the funding, it is about the decision making. We can be great, but not this way.
Also a detailed and well thought out response. I respect that... and as I said, my position does not really drastically differ from your own tbh. I can certainly understand why people are frustrated right now. I am not happy with four wins or one trip tot he dance for MBB in 8 years... At the same time though, I was Very happy with a final four run and was completely satisfied when WM took us to 9 wins in just his second season after taking over a 3 win team, so I can understand why our AD did not make rash moves this past offseason.

See how we were each able to question the direction of the programs without childishly calling into question the mental acuity of Ray Tanner or hurling insults at the coaches? Almost as though it is unnecessary to engage in such behavior to make one’s opinion even if it is negative...

If the guy I “berated” had taken a similar route to explain himself I would have gladly moved right along or replied and simply discussed the finer points of my nuanced, somewhat two sided stance on the matter.. But when I see people slamming one of the most beloved coaches we have ever had in any sport like that- a guy who won us multiple NCs in baseball and absolutely wants to do anything he can to see these teams win... Well I get a bit defensive.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Have become so cynical about WM that I no longer care that much.
He's supposed to be this tireless recruiter but he's way behind the top SEC teams.
If he works so hard why has he gained 40 lbs?
He has no reason to be motivated with that stupid extension RT gave him and for no good reason. They both need to go.
Still like FM but he should be on hotseat and must make playoffs this season.

The whole football HC process under Tanner was a debacle. From not working on a transition plan when Spurrier said he wanted out to getting down to talking to RichRod about the job. No one wanted Muschamp when he was hired and no one wanted him when he was granted the extension.

Muschamp couldn’t win at Florida with top recruiting classes. Three QBs that flopped under him and his merry band of OCs all got shots at the NFL after working with other coaches. Here we are already on our third OC after watching him repeat the same mistakes with one of his failures from Florida.

My question is less about him being fired now and more about why the person responsible for him being here to begin with doesn’t face the same level of desired accountability.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT