ADVERTISEMENT

I'm hearing Liberty Bowl for us and playing

Normally I would say take the extra practices, but in this case Beamer needs to focus on putting out the dumpster fire.

Reactions: The Gadfly
14 additional practices for Doty and young receivers would be nice for next year!!!
you mean the same receivers who can’t catch a pass that hits them right in the hands with no one around to hit them? What difference would it make? Anyone who has gotten to college and doesn’t know enough to keep his eye on the ball all the way to his hands, is not going to learn now. Somehow, I don’t think anyone can teach a 19 or 20 year old who can’t focus on the ball from the time he looks for it until it’s in his hands how to do that. You either can, or you can’t, which begs the question of how the hell we recruited 16 supposed wide receivers who can’t catch a perfectly thrown ball. I have to believe they must have been able to actually catch the ball occasionally even in high school; if not, why were they ever recruited as receivers? If you can’t catch the damn ball, it makes no difference how fast you are, or how perfect a route you run. Period.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
lol, I can't believe people still spout the "extra practices" nonsense.

Besides, we won't be running this offense next season. The sooner the players can get this season out of their systems, the better.

Besides, we won't be running this offense next season. The sooner the players can get this season out of their systems, the better.
In a normal situation, I like the extra practices. But your second paragraph sums up exactly why it doesn’t matter this year.

This has certainly been a crazy, fu**ed up year with the virus.

Add on to that we hired 4 new coaches, implemented a new offensive scheme, and fired our HBC during the season. The players and program have been through a lot.

IF....and that’s a big IF....we get a bowl invite, the team should decide whether or not they want to play.

The guys who’ve been dinged up get a little time to heal before playing again. The guys auditioning for playing time next season get extra bowl practice. And getting away to a bowl, getting a few gifts from bowl sponsors, and playing in a different environment might appeal to our guys.

Some of you may not care if the players get rewarded with a bowl game, but think about them. Heck, it wasn’t all that long ago that our Administration turned down bowl invites.

Too many of you are focused on your own feelings, dislike of Beamer, hate of Tanner, etc. I would say maybe we should be thinking of what the players want.

I guarantee you if you ask Shaw if he wants to coach Doty in a bowl game in a few weeks, he’d say yes.

This has certainly been a crazy, fu**ed up year with the virus.

Add on to that we hired 4 new coaches, implemented a new offensive scheme, and fired our HBC during the season. The players and program have been through a lot.

IF....and that’s a big IF....we get a bowl invite, the team should decide whether or not they want to play.

The guys who’ve been dinged up get a little time to heal before playing again. The guys auditioning for playing time next season get extra bowl practice. And getting away to a bowl, getting a few gifts from bowl sponsors, and playing in a different environment might appeal to our guys.

Some of you may not care if the players get rewarded with a bowl game, but think about them. Heck, it wasn’t all that long ago that our Administration turned down bowl invites.

Too many of you are focused on your own feelings, dislike of Beamer, hate of Tanner, etc. I would say maybe we should be thinking of what the players want.

I guarantee you if you ask Shaw if he wants to coach Doty in a bowl game in a few weeks, he’d say yes.
Good points.

Perhaps a blunt meeting with these guys that endured social restrictions, their head coach fired, and so many injuries, to gauge their interest in playing in a bowl, if offered? Does the SEC force us to accept to meet bowl tie-in requirements? You know so each SEC school can receive the $40 + Million Dollar pay out from The SEC Network, or whatever that amount will be for 2020???

Then, do we have staff in place to coach the school position, or discipline?

I really want this season OVER. What I want doesn’t mean crap!

Reactions: The Gadfly
Man, I thought for sure that you would get it.

I just found the usage of the word interesting.
Embarrassing.
tenor.gif

I guess I’m selfish in that I want to see Ernest Jones play one more game in an SC uniform. But I think that the players should make this decision, not a bunch of meatheads on this board.
No one has conferred decision-making authority upon the people on this or any board, so why hyperbolize? Opinion privilege comes with board territory. That is allowed here. This doesn't exist without that. Neither you nor I are even here without that.

Reactions: 92Pony
Bowls aren’t aren’t a salve to ease the pain of a lousy season.

“You put the balm on? Who told you to put the balm on? I didn't tell you to put the balm on. Why'd you put the balm on? You haven't even been to see the doctor. If you’re gonna put a balm on, let a doctor put a balm on.”
Jackie Chiles

• Haha
Reactions: rogue cock
It's interesting that Shi kept playing. Fans have been critical of his attitude and you would think he would have been the first to opt out. However he has continued to play and play hard.

I agree 100%.

In fact, one of the first guys Beamer needs to recruit is Shi....to come back next year.

If he can get a couple more quality WR’s to take pressure off of him, added to a more open offense (Riley’s brother) Shi can potentially make more money waiting a year to hit the draft.

There’s a lot of guys that will hit the draft this year and drop, solely because so many guys had opted out or just want to go early. Instead of making a rash decision to go, it certainly may pay him better bonus wise to position himself better.

I’d we go to a bowl, how many players would opt out for fear of injury which would hurt their chances in the combine? The precedence has been set.
How many players that are eligible for the NFL honestly have a chance at the next level?

So now we have fans that can’t stand players quitting on the team, but perfectly fine for the university to basically tell the players “ we appreciate you guys that hung in there and gave it everything they had, but no reward at the end for you “?
Some of y’all on this board are morons. If the players want to play then they should be the ones to make the call
This is the kind of comment you get in a society that gives out Participation Trophies, so every kid gets a trophy. Why does a 2-8 team deserve to be rewarded?

This is the kind of comment you get in a society that gives out Participation Trophies, so every kid gets a trophy. Why does a 2-8 team deserve to be rewarded?
They don't. I'm just dumfounded that some on here think a 2-8 team should be going bowling, it it was Rutgers I'm sure they would have the same sentiment (insert sarcasm)

The old staff has probably moved on to find new jobs and are preparing to move. The new staff has not been hired and they won’t have enough practices. Sure the players want to play but it sounds impossible for it to work.
Careful there, you're using logic in this debate.

Any other season I’d agree with you, but this season is different.
For starters because they’ve been told that this China virus is very deadly, but they committed to play anyway. They didn’t quit like several others, just because their coach got canned. Lastly because turning down an opportunity to get some work in, and possibly to add to the trophy case is asinine.
Losers usually want the season over, so they can pout, and say things like “we can’t win anyway “ or “ wait till next year “

Let's go play and win the Liberty Bowl and end this season on a high note and use it as springboard for the 2021 season! In addition, the design of the Liberty Bowl trophy kicks major ass!!! Would be cool to have two of them in our trophy case! Spurs Up!!!

Reactions: rogue cock

Yea less practice is always the answer to getting better? NOT!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT