ADVERTISEMENT

I'm preparing myself..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the upstate. I may move. It is already unbearable.

Dear, Lord! I can imagine the horror. I have friends in western North Carolina (Saluda, Flat Rock, etc.) and also in north Georgia (over the state line in Rabun County) and they, too, are feeling the unGodly vibrations coming from that infected part of South Carolina!

Reactions: USCRBCOCK
Neither will happen this year. Don't worry!
Agreed, Watson made race a little closer but it's still Jacksons, don't buy into Dabo begging for votes. As far as a Natty, they're certainly capable of it, but Ohio State and Bama have a significant coaching edge, as well as strong talent to back it up. Clemson has a very tall task to get through both of them.

Reactions: german cock
Walked through the Olympic sports village several times this weekend, and purely unbiased, this is a unbelievable set of facilities, and I can't imagine a nicer setup on any NCAA campus, not to mention, all the WBS work, IPF, etc., is outstanding. Money is flowing. All that said, this makes the department happy imo. If the unmentionable happens with the Tates, nothing will happen in our AD regarding football. If it were, we would've gone in a different direction with the HC. My worthless $.02

if Douchon wins the Heisman and Clemsuck wins the natty, will it be worth watching college sports after that? That would be a perfect storm of suckness. My god I can't imagine it.
I think Watson actually has a very good chance. In fact, I think he's got it. With that said, if Boom kicks SE to the curb, I'll survive the Clemp onslaught.

Reactions: lostcock
Watson has a good shot.....but I'm not sure that Clemson can win it all. Even though we made them look like the greatest college football team in history, I'm not sure they are national championship material. If Dabo outcoaches Urban Meyer and Nick Saban back-to-back, I'll give him his due. However I just don't see that happening.

After attending the ACC Championship game on Saturday I think Deshaun will win the Heisman. Also Clemson will win a National Championship.

if Douchon wins the Heisman and Clemsuck wins the natty, will it be worth watching college sports after that? That would be a perfect storm of suckness. My god I can't imagine it.

Don't sweat it...Neither will happen...Lamar Jackson will win the Heisman...Enjoy your Christmas..Ohio St Buckeyes will take of the taters

After attending the ACC Championship game on Saturday I think Deshaun will win the Heisman. Also Clemson will win a National Championship.

wishful thinking dayday...with some decent objective officiating the Hokies would have taken the taters out by 10 points...2 ridiculous PI calls bailed the taters out early and got them off to a good start..VaTech still had their chance late in the 4rth when Fuentes(a really good coach) displayed some hideous time management choices that stalled their comeback...Clemons is the most overhyped team of the 4...They are living off last years moral victory vs Bama

Don't sweat it...Neither will happen...Lamar Jackson will win the Heisman...Enjoy your Christmas..Ohio St Buckeyes will take of the taters

I've heard that type of statement every time Clemson plays a quality opponent. "Oh, well (insert team name here) will take them out". So far, bama is the only team to do that and they needed a kickoff return and onside kick to do it.

Got to thinking about this more, so I looked up the current year stats. I really don't see how you give the Heisman to Watson over Lamar Jackson. Lamar Jackson's passing stats are pretty similar to Watson's. Watson has a higher completion percentage, but a much worse TD-Int ratio. They basically have the same passer rating.

Now here's what puts Jackson over the top.....he ran for 1538 yards this year at 6.6 ypc. That's insane! DW only has 529 yards at 4.1 ypc....which is decent but certainly not Heisman worthy. He also has 21 TDs rushing to DW's 6 TD's rushing.

Reactions: gamecockfan04
I've heard that type of statement every time Clemson plays a quality opponent. "Oh, well (insert team name here) will take them out". So far, bama is the only team to do that and they needed a kickoff return and onside kick to do it.

Pittsburg, NCst, Louisville(stupid wr should have cut inside), FSU (bogus chop block call)..The taters are a fraud that is in earnest a 8-4 football team

wishful thinking dayday...with some decent objective officiating the Hokies would have taken the taters out by 10 points...2 ridiculous PI calls bailed the taters out early and got them off to a good start..VaTech still had their chance late in the 4rth when Fuentes(a really good coach) displayed some hideous time management choices that stalled their comeback...Clemons is the most overhyped team of the 4...They are living off last years moral victory vs Bama
They put up 50 against us so I would say the hype is real.

So Alabama has to play football in order to beat clem. Got it. If memory serves me correct, kickoff returns and onside kicks are part of the game. What makes it different if it happens against clem? (And by the way, no body said, "Oh well, Pitt, will take them out." But it happened.)

They put up 50 on. 6-6 team but " the hype is real "?? And u attended the ACC championship where they face up 35 points and won by 7. Yet u claim they can easily best Ohio state and bama ? Ok. So bama woukd lose at home to an unranked team too. S m h

Got to thinking about this more, so I looked up the current year stats. I really don't see how you give the Heisman to Watson over Lamar Jackson. Lamar Jackson's passing stats are pretty similar to Watson's. Watson has a higher completion percentage, but a much worse TD-Int ratio. They basically have the same passer rating.

Now here's what puts Jackson over the top.....he ran for 1538 yards this year at 6.6 ypc. That's insane! DW only has 529 yards at 4.1 ypc....which is decent but certainly not Heisman worthy. He also has 21 TDs rushing to DW's 6 TD's rushing.

All true. But consider this... in games where Louisville was killing its opponent, Jackson still played the entire game. In games where Clemson was dominating, Watson usually played only one or two series in the second half. Stats are stats and they are meaningful. But they don't always tell the whole story.

I think Jackson still holds the edge in the Heisman race. But if I'm honest, I think Watson is the better player.

It was all Jackson until the taters played us. But I think the committee understands that big numbers against our defense is no great feat. Jackson wins it.

It was all Jackson until the taters played us. But I think the committee understands that big numbers against our defense is no great feat. Jackson wins it.

Actually it was all Jackson until the Thursday night game against Houston when the whole country was watching...following that game was his rivalry week game against KY.

The Houston game was Nov 17th....Heisman ballots were sent out Nov. 21st....KY game was Nov. 28th.

timing...timing...timing.

troll-face-450x386_1979913.jpg

I think Watson actually has a very good chance. In fact, I think he's got it. With that said, if Boom kicks SE to the curb, I'll survive the Clemp onslaught.

[Sorry...BUT LONG]

You might survive, but you don't live in upstate SC. The Clemson presence here is overwhelming. Between the Clemson ICAR banners and flags on I-85, the Clemson experience crap on Main St., the billboards all over the place (I-85 and I-385), and the huge Clemson propaganda entrance to the Bon Secours Arena, they have Greenville saturated. The arena entrance is sickening impressive. They have a whole section of the outdoor area around the arena entrance populated with about 2 dozen of the same kind of banners you see on the ICAR buildings facing I-85. Then when you walk into the arena there's an equally sickening, but impressive paint on the walls decor glorifying Clemson as a "college experience like no other". I don't know what other kind of presence they have created elsewhere, but we are suffocating in Greenville!!! Hell, I can't even turn on the Today Show without seeing something Clemson on most days whether it's people hold a sign or just some jerk holding up a Tiger Rag. They are winning the PR war against us, and it is going to take the same kind of effort and money to combat them or we are going to lose to them in every way you want to measure it. With the success of their football team, they are becoming known all over the country, which only makes their branding effort more successful.

Is this kind of thing happening elsewhere or am I just being overly concerned? If you don't live in Greenville, I am not sure you can understand all that I've said, but do you guys see what I see in Columbia, Charleston, Spartanburg, Florence, Myrtle Beach, etc? The more they become known, the easier it is to recruit for everything Clemson, especially football, and they more successful they become in football, the more they become known. The success of one beggars the other, and IMO, they have got it rolling. If Watson wins the Heisman, and/or the NC, it's going to be unbearable ... in Greenville at least.

Sorry to be so long winded.

Reactions: RaginRooster
Truth. Our athletic dept has always struggled with pr and marketing in general. I guess it shows but I am just down on the football team right now. I want to see urgency or at least acknowledgement that we are going to do every damn thing we can to turn this around. I just don't see it.

QUOTE="wallycock, post: 3023473, member: 4194"][Sorry...BUT LONG]

You might survive, but you don't live in upstate SC. The Clemson presence here is overwhelming. Between the Clemson ICAR banners and flags on I-85, the Clemson experience crap on Main St., the billboards all over the place (I-85 and I-385), and the huge Clemson propaganda entrance to the Bon Secours Arena, they have Greenville saturated. The arena entrance is sickening impressive. They have a whole section of the outdoor area around the arena entrance populated with about 2 dozen of the same kind of banners you see on the ICAR buildings facing I-85. Then when you walk into the arena there's an equally sickening, but impressive paint on the walls decor glorifying Clemson as a "college experience like no other". I don't know what other kind of presence they have created elsewhere, but we are suffocating in Greenville!!! Hell, I can't even turn on the Today Show without seeing something Clemson on most days whether it's people hold a sign or just some jerk holding up a Tiger Rag. They are winning the PR war against us, and it is going to take the same kind of effort and money to combat them or we are going to lose to them in every way you want to measure it. With the success of their football team, they are becoming known all over the country, which only makes their branding effort more successful.

Is this kind of thing happening elsewhere or am I just being overly concerned? If you don't live in Greenville, I am not sure you can understand all that I've said, but do you guys see what I see in Columbia, Charleston, Spartanburg, Florence, Myrtle Beach, etc? The more they become known, the easier it is to recruit for everything Clemson, especially football, and they more successful they become in football, the more they become known. The success of one beggars the other, and IMO, they have got it rolling. If Watson wins the Heisman, and/or the NC, it's going to be unbearable ... in Greenville at least.

Sorry to be so long winded.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: RaginRooster
So what are they doing we arent?
Beating their rival 56-7, winning their conference, going to the playoffs for the second straight year, reloading instead of recruiting. Did you really have to ask?

Reactions: Tiger71
So when we best taters by double digits 5 straight years we were doing everything right and they were not ? That also right ???

It did you Insult the taters way you Insult our university then too ? Yes it's obvious we are revuilding under a new staff. They are recruiting hard and trying to rebuild our roster same as harbaugh had to do at Michigan and the guy at Washington did. Even beloved dabo had to do same. It's just way it is in college football. Heck last year Ohio state killed Michigan. See difference in a year. ? Or can keep insulting our school

Walked through the Olympic sports village several times this weekend, and purely unbiased, this is a unbelievable set of facilities, and I can't imagine a nicer setup on any NCAA campus, not to mention, all the WBS work, IPF, etc., is outstanding. Money is flowing. All that said, this makes the department happy imo. If the unmentionable happens with the Tates, nothing will happen in our AD regarding football. If it were, we would've gone in a different direction with the HC. My worthless $.02
You had me til the end.

The thought of them winning the natty is unbearable. The Heisman...I don't really care. It's still a good reward & a heck of an achievement, but I don't think it is as big a deal as it was pre-internet & even cable days when national press exposure was pretty much limited to Notre Dame, The Big Ten "haves"/ Penn State, Southern Cal, Texas, Oklahoma, and Alabama. I haven't watched the selection show in about a decade. I loved it when Big George won it,'cause it gave us previously unheard of (positive) publicity. But, if I had to choose one or the other, I would have gladly traded him winning it for a MNC, a 10+ win season, or even a bowl win!!

Last edited:
Beating their rival 56-7, winning their conference, going to the playoffs for the second straight year, reloading instead of recruiting. Did you really have to ask?
Reloading instead of recruiting/ Ok. Well that answers that. Thanks for the in depth analysis.

Watson has a good shot.....but I'm not sure that Clemson can win it all. Even though we made them look like the greatest college football team in history, I'm not sure they are national championship material. If Dabo outcoaches Urban Meyer and Nick Saban back-to-back, I'll give him his due. However I just don't see that happening.

Don't see it happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT