ADVERTISEMENT

I'm preparing myself..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reloading instead of recruiting/ Ok. Well that answers that. Thanks for the in depth analysis.
Well I mean you're kidding yourself if you don't think they're stacked with talent. Back to back playoff appearances tells me they are reloading like Bama, just not as talented as Bama.

So when we best taters by double digits 5 straight years we were doing everything right and they were not ? That also right ???

It made Clemson work twice as hard and our coaches put it on cruise control. Our $4,000,000.00 head coach went on TV and bragged about not working hard like Nick Saban and our AD went on radio and maybe TV and bragged about having the lowest recruitung budget in the SEC.

if Douchon wins the Heisman and Clemsuck wins the natty, will it be worth watching college sports after that? That would be a perfect storm of suckness. My god I can't imagine it.
38277651.jpg

The Tiger Paw has become ubiquitous...

[Sorry...BUT LONG]

You might survive, but you don't live in upstate SC. The Clemson presence here is overwhelming. Between the Clemson ICAR banners and flags on I-85, the Clemson experience crap on Main St., the billboards all over the place (I-85 and I-385), and the huge Clemson propaganda entrance to the Bon Secours Arena, they have Greenville saturated. The arena entrance is sickening impressive. They have a whole section of the outdoor area around the arena entrance populated with about 2 dozen of the same kind of banners you see on the ICAR buildings facing I-85. Then when you walk into the arena there's an equally sickening, but impressive paint on the walls decor glorifying Clemson as a "college experience like no other". I don't know what other kind of presence they have created elsewhere, but we are suffocating in Greenville!!! Hell, I can't even turn on the Today Show without seeing something Clemson on most days whether it's people hold a sign or just some jerk holding up a Tiger Rag. They are winning the PR war against us, and it is going to take the same kind of effort and money to combat them or we are going to lose to them in every way you want to measure it. With the success of their football team, they are becoming known all over the country, which only makes their branding effort more successful.

Is this kind of thing happening elsewhere or am I just being overly concerned? If you don't live in Greenville, I am not sure you can understand all that I've said, but do you guys see what I see in Columbia, Charleston, Spartanburg, Florence, Myrtle Beach, etc? The more they become known, the easier it is to recruit for everything Clemson, especially football, and they more successful they become in football, the more they become known. The success of one beggars the other, and IMO, they have got it rolling. If Watson wins the Heisman, and/or the NC, it's going to be unbearable ... in Greenville at least.

Sorry to be so long winded.

They are winning the PR war against us.

Truth. Our athletic dept has always struggled with pr and marketing in general.

These.

I was born when Carter was in the White House, & ever since I can remember, Clem has beaten the pants off us in PR. I mean, just look at the university ads that run during broadcasts. Theirs is ALWAYS catchy. Ours are always the most bland of anyone's.

I've heard that type of statement every time Clemson plays a quality opponent. "Oh, well (insert team name here) will take them out". So far, bama is the only team to do that and they needed a kickoff return and onside kick to do it.
But they did it.

Reactions: robertfootball
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT