ADVERTISEMENT

In looking at our AD and football head coach...

Noonoo-33

Aug 20, 2018
....unless usc hired them, as we did, would any other power 5 school have done so? I think that is bad precedent. I don’t think we competed for Ray to become AD here against any other school and the same for our head coach. That is a bad combo steering the ship. At the very least, a faint hope that being counterintuitive will work.

....unless usc hired them, as we did, would any other power 5 school have done so? I think that is bad precedent. I don’t think we competed for Ray to become AD here against any other school and the same for our head coach. That is a bad combo steering the ship. At the very least, a faint hope that being counterintuitive will work.
Wow!, someone else gets it.

I think you've nailed it.

Reactions: Brace1
Maybe the new president coming in will make some changes, starting with the Athletic Department, they go hand and hand...
Well that all depends on who the president is they hire. Either they're going to hire someone they can all be friends with (highly likely) or they'll hire someone they think will shake things up (highly unlikely).

Maybe the new president coming in will make some changes, starting with the Athletic Department, they go hand and hand...
Sounds nice, but frankly I want the Prez to focus on elevating the academics stature of the school. Athletics is supposed to be run by the AD. But, our AD is a hillbilly and our BOT is as inept or uncaring as anywhere in the country.

I want someone like Trump who shakes things up and is not afraid to win..

I like winning.... Never will get tired of winning..
We need a young SOS or Saban. I know that sounds silly because everyone wants that. But, we need someone who is brash, smart, demands excellence and doesn’t care if he offends you or hurts your feelings.

I hear Ray Tanner has always wanted to be a University President. If we don’t hire him as our next President than he will likely end up at LSU as their President. We can’t let that happen! Tanner for President!!

I hear Ray Tanner has always wanted to be a University President. If we don’t hire him as our next President than he will likely end up at LSU as their President. We can’t let that happen! Tanner for President!!
I hope this is supposed to be a joke. He has never been interested in being a university president.

Sounds nice, but frankly I want the Prez to focus on elevating the academics stature of the school. Athletics is supposed to be run by the AD. But, our AD is a hillbilly and our BOT is as inept or uncaring as anywhere in the country.
LOL at your BOT comment. Give examples of what you are basing that on.

The hiring of Chad Holbrook comes to mind...head coaching and AD positions need to be properly vetted.
Oh please...not this again. At the time Holbrook was hired he was the logical choice. It didn't work out, but at the time it was the right decision.

When your AD job was open and Tanner was being considered for the position, I was of the opinion that it would be a serious mistake to move the best baseball coach in the school's history to the AD position, especially since the man had no AD experience. The smart move IMHO was to hire the best AD money could attract and leave Tanner as the baseball coach. Of course, they didn't listen to me, but I've had many Gamecocks agree with me.

When your AD job was open and Tanner was being considered for the position, I was of the opinion that it would be a serious mistake to move the best baseball coach in the school's history to the AD position, especially since the man had no AD experience. The smart move IMHO was to hire the best AD money could attract and leave Tanner as the baseball coach. Of course, they didn't listen to me, but I've had many Gamecocks agree with me.
Get your facts straight before posting. Tanner was only going to coach baseball through 2013 regardless of what happened in the A.D. Position.

I wholeheartedly agree. I strongly disagreed with the decision. Unfortunately, I’ve been proven correct.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I hope this is supposed to be a joke. He has never been interested in being a university president.

Yes I guess sarcasm is lost in you? It’s making fun of those fans who ran Hyman off and were pushing for Tanner to be AD by telling everyone how he was leaving if we didn’t make him AD. I’m guessing you were one of those fans since you don’t find my joke funny.

Yes I guess sarcasm is lost in you? It’s making fun of those fans who ran Hyman off and were pushing for Tanner to be AD by telling everyone how he was leaving if we didn’t make him AD. I’m guessing you were one of those fans since you don’t find my joke funny.
Hyman wasn't run off by fans for starters.

Reactions: king ward
Yep you are that special know it all fan that tells us all how it is and has to be because you are so connected with the University leadership that has continued to produce mediocrity as a tradition. Thanks!
what-huh.jpg

Get your facts straight before posting. Tanner was only going to coach baseball through 2013 regardless of what happened in the A.D. Position.

With the benefit of hindsight, maybe it was better to call the bluff and let him retire from baseball gracefully if he wanted to as a true legend, without offering the AD job.

He is still a legend obviously, but one of the things I hate most about this whole football debacle is seeing a man who should only be revered by Gamecock fans spoken about so disrespectfully.

It goes with the job. I don’t blame Coach Tanner. I don’t really blame the fans, except the extreme negative ones. I blame the situation. The situation sucks.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT