ADVERTISEMENT

Is UT releasing, or firing all of the assistant football coaches, too? I think I heard someone on the football

From google and cbssports:

Pruitt is not the only coach being fired by the university amid the investigation. Assistants Shelton Felton and Brian Niedermeyer are also out. Niedermeyer was considered Tennessee's top recruiter and served as the inside linebackers coach. Felton served as outside linebackers coach. Additionally, four members of the on-campus recruiting staff, the director and assistant director of player personnel and a football analyst have also been fired.

On a different subject, I love to travel. I love Wyoming and Montana but I love NYC, too.

NYC is a shell of itself these days but will be back! Hope it’s sooner then later for everyone.

I have friends in both Wyoming and Montana. I haven’t been but have to make a trip out there!

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
The Chanceller said there were 9 coaches let go in addition to Pruitt. Who it is, I’m not sure.

They lost a couple of LB coaches, some QC guys, S/C coaches, and some guys involved in recruiting/evaluation.

I went over earlier to Violation Nation (oops....I mean VolNation) to do some light reading. Per discussion amongst Vol fans a LB Coach was allegedly maintaining a hotel room as a "party room", and funneled money from boosters to recruits through current players.

If true, the coach was pretty stupid.

The overall discussion was amusing, some of the posters are as clueless as some of ours. The highlights? Some think its a no brainer that Kiffin will come back to UT, no one is really mentioning Napier or Chadwell, they pretty much all agree that Freeze is too radioactive, and they're all wondering who turned them in. They've narrowed it down to Kirby Smart, the Defensive coach fired during a game, a recruits's dad, a current disgruntled player, Tee Martin, and the one armed man from the Harrison Ford movie.

They pretty much agreed that many people had been suspecting for a month that very bad news was coming. Yet with the news of Pruitt's firing over recruiting irregularities came news they'd agreed in principle to hire Rodney Garner. Not sure how that would help....

Several people there speculating Pruitt is going to go scorched earth, taking down everyone in any program he can. They're all happy they aren't paying a buyout (yet), but you know Pruitt is going to take them to court. Ultimately, by the time they pay Pruitt a settlement then tally up the legal fees they'd have been better off just paying him.

From google and cbssports:

Pruitt is not the only coach being fired by the university amid the investigation. Assistants Shelton Felton and Brian Niedermeyer are also out. Niedermeyer was considered Tennessee's top recruiter and served as the inside linebackers coach. Felton served as outside linebackers coach. Additionally, four members of the on-campus recruiting staff, the director and assistant director of player personnel and a football analyst have also been fired.

There’s nothing to see here, all is well.

They lost a couple of LB coaches, some QC guys, S/C coaches, and some guys involved in recruiting/evaluation.

I went over earlier to Violation Nation (oops....I mean VolNation) to do some light reading. Per discussion amongst Vol fans a LB Coach was allegedly maintaining a hotel room as a "party room", and funneled money from boosters to recruits through current players.

If true, the coach was pretty stupid.

The overall discussion was amusing, some of the posters are as clueless as some of ours. The highlights? Some think its a no brainer that Kiffin will come back to UT, no one is really mentioning Napier or Chadwell, they pretty much all agree that Freeze is too radioactive, and they're all wondering who turned them in. They've narrowed it down to Kirby Smart, the Defensive coach fired during a game, a recruits's dad, a current disgruntled player, Tee Martin, and the one armed man from the Harrison Ford movie.

They pretty much agreed that many people had been suspecting for a month that very bad news was coming. Yet with the news of Pruitt's firing over recruiting irregularities came news they'd agreed in principle to hire Rodney Garner. Not sure how that would help....

Several people there speculating Pruitt is going to go scorched earth, taking down everyone in any program he can. They're all happy they aren't paying a buyout (yet), but you know Pruitt is going to take them to court. Ultimately, by the time they pay Pruitt a settlement then tally up the legal fees they'd have been better off just paying him.

Don’t the players have any responsibility since very few are younger than 18?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT