ADVERTISEMENT

It's time for Ray Tanner to defend the honor of Dawn Staley

I agree. We all know Dawn can take care of herself and the team but to say she promotes unsportsmanlike behavior by the team and fans is complete BS and Ray needs to step up and support his coach. Our fans using the N-Word and spitting. Really? Grow a pair Ray and take care of this nonsense and don’t play politics.
According to WIS TV 10 website Ray has already issued a statement saying they have reviewed the accusations and that there is no confirmation of the behavior described. That being said, seems he could have been a little more aggressive in his defense of Dawn......maybe that's coming later.

Back when we were hiring a football coach we all said that this was gonna be possibly the biggest point in his AD career. Well now this crap with mizzu and addressing their AD may just be the biggest point. It's his opportunity to stand up to his for his coaches and not backing down to politics or diplomacy. Give them hell Ray

According to WIS TV 10 website Ray has already issued a statement saying they have reviewed the accusations and that there is no confirmation of the behavior described. That being said, seems he could have been a little more aggressive in his defense of Dawn......maybe that's coming later.

Mizzou's AD was at the game, according to the announcers, Sunday. Is he saying he heard it himself? Is RT calling the Mizzou AD a liar? If the Mizzou AD didn't hear it himself, then he should have brought it up with RT in private.

Mizzou's AD was at the game, according to the announcers, Sunday. Is he saying he heard it himself? Is RT calling the Mizzou AD a liar? If the Mizzou AD didn't hear it himself, then he should have brought it up with RT in private.
Miz WBB play by play guy claims he and AD heard it. Wonder why they didn't come out with it Monday?

He probably has been, but it will be done privately. It will not be in the media. That has never been his style.

Think about this for a second... an old white man is accusing our highly-respected national championship head coach and recently named head coach of the US Olympic team (who happens to be black, and whose team and coaching staff are black), of fostering a racially-charged environment for black players. The guy is an idiot and I agree... RT must issue a statement TODAY defending Dawn. Tanner's earlier statement preceded the statement of the Mizzou AD, so a rebuttal is in order. And it should be strongly worded, including a demand for an apology.

Ray Tanner will take care of the situation. Just because he hasn't declared war on the state of mizz doesn't mean he isn't taking care of business . Good lord. Some of y'all just can't wait to get your paper bag and breath into it.

No need for hyperbole. No one is suggesting RT overstep in his response. Simply that he address the slanderous comments of the Mizzou AD (the word "slander" is not hyperbolic). And I would add that no one is criticizing RT at this point. I think we all recognize that the work day has not even begun. I have every confidence that he will respond appropriately.

Last edited:
Dawn Staley is the premier African-American female coach in any sport. She's the coach of the national team. She's a real feather in the cap for the SEC. Only Saban and Calipari are most important to the conference's reputation. The commissioner skipped Sunday at the Masters to come to the parade celebrating the national championship. That was out of respect for Coach Staley, I promise you. The league office won't be happy with Mizzou's AD. It's similar to Sumlin and McElwain tarnishing the reputations of their universities by implying a segment of their fans are backward, racist yokels. Even if it's true (and of course there's a few in any fanbase), it inevitably tarnishing the image of the conference. The AD should thought longer before he went public with his accusations.

Miz WBB play by play guy claims he and AD heard it. Wonder why they didn't come out with it Monday?

If they were sitting together, then would they sit with Mizzou fans and hearing them use the "n' word???

I doubt the two sat with Carolina fans... Also, I think if an AD was at the game, he would be invited in the box with Ray... Just saying...

This just pisses me off...

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Ray made the proper statement to the public.
He will handle this in private.
Much the same way he handled issues with JackLegg over the years privately, save for the "SHENANIGANS" incident.

I have a feeling the next person to speak to the press will be the Mizzou AD and Coach issuing a mea culpa.

The Mizzou AD should have been handled this in private to start with!

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
The Mizzou AD should have been handled this in private to start with!
He should have. But CRT has no control over that. He only has control over his side. CRT will handle it with class publicly, and drop the hammer privately. CDS will handle it with class. Mizzou will be the one that ends up looking bad in this (as if they aren't already).

Think about this for a second... an old white man is accusing our highly-respected national championship head coach and recently named head coach of the US Olympic team (who happens to be black, and whose team and coaching staff are black), of fostering a racially-charged environment for black players. The guy is an idiot and I agree... RT must issue a statement TODAY defending Dawn. Tanner's earlier statement preceded the statement of the Mizzou AD, so a rebuttal is in order. And it should be strongly worded, including a demand for an apology.
Again, it won't be done publicly.

R U sayin' the Shite done hit the fan??

=;-p

48231q.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT