Jay Bilas

Neanderthal

Aug 15, 2001
... is never wrong
... knows more than anybody in the history of the game
... criticizes every coach and player
... loves the sound of his own voice
... Is not funny but thinks he is, and

Everytime he is part of the broadcast I hit the mute button and watch the game in silence.

He can be all of the above. Agree that many just dont like him because he is a Dukie. But at the same time it is hard to argue that he is very smart, and the best analyst on TV. Has worked his talents into maybe the best gig in basketball.

Reactions: jjjpppbbb
He can be all of the above. Agree that many just dont like him because he is a Dukie. But at the same time it is hard to argue that he is very smart, and the best analyst on TV. Has worked his talents into maybe the best gig in basketball.

I am not a huge fan of Bilas, but I do appreciate that he took over as ESPN's face of college and got Dick Vitale demoted. Now that guy is a real blow hard.

I don’t really care for his arrogance, but it’s hard not to see he’s the best, just like Herbstriet! I’d rather have a beer with herbie!

A legend in his mind. I followed Duke from Ferry to Laettner and Hill to Williams and dont remember him at all.

... is never wrong
... knows more than anybody in the history of the game
... criticizes every coach and player
... loves the sound of his own voice
... Is not funny but thinks he is, and

Everytime he is part of the broadcast I hit the mute button and watch the game in silence.

You habe a diminishing memory. Bett check it out. He eas hood.
I started following them closer when Laettner was a freshman and Ferry was a senior when I was 11. Bilas played with Ferry so that's why I don't remember him-I was a kid.

A legend in his mind. I followed Duke from Ferry to Laettner and Hill to Williams and dont remember him at all.
He makes fun of his own career in basketball all the time. I have never heard him brag about his abilities on the court. I think his arrogance usually comes out when its concerning the NCAA. I don't mind that.

I maybe feel like he's a bit of a odd dude but I kind of like when he's doing the broadcast.
Like someone said above - he's sort of getting paid to do/be all those things.
If everyone was the same things would be pretty boring.

Reactions: jjjpppbbb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT