ADVERTISEMENT

Joyner QB Package

He's admitting that it hasn't worked out like they had hoped going into the season. I suppose we'll find out how stubborn Satterfield is going forward. And whether or not they can get it going. But so far, it hasn't been pretty.

Man I feel bad for Joyner. I’d be happy if he were a 1/2 speed Vick, but he looks lost with the ball

No hands, can't catch and fumbles too much, feet too fast for his brain... Other than that, he's a great kid...

He just be like Forest Gump and RUN!!! Don't think about it... Just like him up as a tailback, squeeze superglue on the ball and handed off to him and run the f'cking ball...

No hands, can't catch and fumbles too much, feet too fast for his brain... Other than that, he's a great kid...

He just be like Forest Gump and RUN!!! Don't think about it... Just like him up as a tailback, squeeze superglue on the ball and handed off to him and run the f'cking ball...
Problem is he actually isn't fast. Doty is actually pretty slow right now himself.

I actually feel for Joyner. When recruited he was labeled as newest savior of Gamecock football. And for whatever reason, with two different staffs, it just doesn't work out. I think many questioned the QB skills as he was just a superior athlete in high school. But think we all thought he would be a very dangerous player with the ball in his hands from another position.

I actually feel for Joyner. When recruited he was labeled as newest savior of Gamecock football. And for whatever reason, with two different staffs, it just doesn't work out. I think many questioned the QB skills as he was just a superior athlete in high school. But think we all thought he would be a very dangerous player with the ball in his hands from another position.

I thought he was pretty highly recruited, but on defense by most schools. Maybe they were on to something. Maybe at some point you put him where he would be best fit.

Reactions: rogue cock
If they continue with this lame experiment with Joyner someone should be fired. What in the world have any of them seen that tells them this is good? It’s been proven over and over that Joyner is not that good as a QB or Receiver but for some reason many continue down this road like his the next Heisman candidate. He’s been at USC forever and has accomplished about as much as the water boy which is nothing. I’m not saying he a bad person, he’s probably an outstanding leader of this them but he’s just not that good as a football player.

Reactions: 92Pony
All this tells me is Doty is still not healthy enough to run the ball several times a game.

He was a QB in high school. I don't think he had much practice as a RB. Why would anyone think he would be a great running QB without much OL blocking?

He certainly never got very good coaching here.

I agree with whatever decision Coach makes concerning Joyner and our offense. They obviously see something at practice that the average fan can't see. As a Gamecock fan, it's time to stop criticizing our players for mistakes made on the field. Recruits read these posts.

Reactions: vacock#
I agree with whatever decision Coach makes concerning Joyner and our offense. They obviously see something at practice that the average fan can't see. As a Gamecock fan, it's time to stop criticizing our players for mistakes made on the field. Recruits read these posts.
From what I'm reading, the criticism is on the coaches for constantly calling plays that don't work and for not putting players (like Joyner) in a position to be successful.

Reactions: chief2791
The Joyner package:

giphy.gif

Yes, but the various post on this thread reflects a negative vibe to the player and coaches.
The only criticism of Joyner is limited to his on field performance -- which is more than fair. No one is impugning his character.

The coaches can suck it up and deal with it. They're getting paid handsomely to put on a better product than what we're seeing.

Reactions: chief2791
Really sad. I was at the Troy game when he was thrown a pass that I could actually catch, at age 69, on a third and say 12. In the end, he miffed a perfectly thrown pass for a first down. The big difference is my mom and dad paid for my admittance to Carolina, and they were not rich. Joyner, who is on scholarship, has really done nothing to justify his free ride and should be working on his game. When I was. doing
something in line with what was right, it was great. Hopefully, he will get the same advice.

work on his game.. By the way, I way I am retired and live the Life of Riley!

Kudos to Joyner for hanging in there through a difficult period in our program l. He could have easily left like a lot do these days. It has not work out so far, but he doesn’t deserve the bashing he is receiving in this thread. Hope he can somehow make some good contributions the second half of the season.

Reactions: vacock#
Man I feel bad for Joyner. I’d be happy if he were a 1/2 speed Vick, but he looks lost with the ball
Yeah the report on him from back to high school was he's "electric with the ball in his hands." I've been waiting a long time to see that electricity.

Couple of years ago many on this board was screaming for him to be the quarterback. Probably the same ones that want Jason Brown now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT