ADVERTISEMENT

LT Tolbert comments

Holbrook-one of the worst hires we've made. Yeah, he could recruit but no leadership ability whatsoever.

You get the feeling Holbrook just took all the fun of playing baseball out of the experience for these guys, it's amazing how these guys learned to bunt in one off season. We still have problem with many of them dropping their back shoulder and trying to launch homeruns.

Last edited:
Just as we knew. I wonder how long it will take Coach K to overcome the lack of development our current group..
Longer than many of our "fans" would like. They want immediate results, but that's very unrealistic. There is improvement, and there are still things that are being worked on.

I agree with Rod.. Immediate Results?? How long ago were back to back National titles?? 5 or 6 years??
Yes, immediate results. People have actually said that they fully expected all our hitting problems to be fixed in the small amount of time that CMK has been here. Proof that they know NOTHING about what was going on in the dugout the last 5 years. It's not just technique/bad habits that are being corrected. It's a mentality, as LT points out. You'd think actually hearing it from a player would make a difference to y'all. Clearly not.

Yes, immediate results. People have actually said that they fully expected all our hitting problems to be fixed in the small amount of time that CMK has been here. Proof that they know NOTHING about what was going on in the dugout the last 5 years. It's not just technique/bad habits that are being corrected. It's a mentality, as LT points out. You'd think actually hearing it from a player would make a difference to y'all. Clearly not.
we are hard headed, and pissed today.. just overlook our anger..

This will take some time, let build on this Clemson series...

Back in 2010, we just lost to Clemson 19-6 and our record was at the time 6-4...

Yeah, different year, different coach...

But to come back in the 9th to tie it up and lose it in the bottom 9th, I can live with that as long as we build on what we have...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_South_Carolina_Gamecocks_baseball_team

Reactions: gacock and atl-cock
Comparing years CofC went to one regional and one Super. Holbrook took us to two Super Regionals.
Head to Head Results
2013 1-1
2014 1-0
2015 2-1
2016-0-1

But that's ok. You carry on.

Yeah, I know you're still upset to see Holbroken fired last year... After all, you have to back him to the very end when I kept saying he had to go...

Cherry on...

Yeah, I know you're still upset to see Holbroken fired last year... After all, you have to back him to the very end when I kept saying he had to go...

Cherry on...
And again you are wrong. I said last year to let the season play out and then decide. If he makes regional, he stays. If not he goes since that would have been two out of three to not make the playoffs.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes you to turn on Kingston.

Reactions: bosoxcock
No it shouldn't. But to keep b****ing about it is doing no good whatsoever.

I'm a man. I stand up to urinate. I'm incapable of bi+ching.

Proof that they know NOTHING about what was going on in the dugout the last 5 years.

I would REALLY like for you to tell us what you know. I know you have insider knowledge of the baseball program.

Holbrook was smart

These are very strange words to see used together.

Toman > Esposito

Exponentially.

Reactions: gacock and Gaimcock
I don't know about 'immediate results', but what I do expect is:
1. Year One improvement (from a play-standpoint...not necessarily record-wise)
2. Year Two improvement (both play and record)
3. Year Three-back near the top. We are a baseball destination. Players will want to come here. Recruiting should be able to get us back quickly.

Longer than many of our "fans" would like. They want immediate results, but that's very unrealistic. There is improvement, and there are still things that are being worked on.
Amen. I've seen better at-bat approaches early, but when crunch time comes, we revert to old habits. That's typical enough though.

Reactions: rogue cock
Amen. I've seen better at-bat approaches early, but when crunch time comes, we revert to old habits. That's typical enough though.
Those old habits are what is going to take longer than many would like to rid ourselves of. They are still pushing for the HR as opposed to the productive base hit with RISP. It will come though.

Reactions: rogue cock
This is for sure!
giphy.gif

Reactions: caigmaster
Those old habits are what is going to take longer than many would like to rid ourselves of. They are still pushing for the HR as opposed to the productive base hit with RISP. It will come though.
Yep, the hard swing. I played a lot of ball in my younger days because I wasn't big enough for football or tall enough for basketball. That's the beauty of baseball. If you can catch and hit, size doesn't matter. I never went to the plate looking to hit it hard. I always wanted to put the ball in play WHERE I WANTED IT IN PLAY. When interviewing Aja the other day after the game Saturday, they asked her and underneath scoring and Aja responded that "It's all bout the touch". In baseball, hitting is all about bat control.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT