ADVERTISEMENT

Montgomery Officially Fired From ECU

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
wondee if this means the feel good about chances to land McClendon?

Honestly, could work out well. Promote Werner. Hire Lawing.

Reactions: jonesz21
BMac's resume looks very similar to Mongomery's prior to taken over at East Carolina. I suspect they will go with someone older. Maybe with prior head coaching experience. But I don't follow ECU, so who knows?

If we lose BMac and promote Werner, we lose a HUGE edge in recruiting. You can't just hire excellent play callers- they have to recruit well.

We had the best college play caller EVER who chose to take recruiting lightly and look where we ended up.

After a quick look at social media, it seems like Mike Houston of James Madison is being mentioned a good bit.

He fits the bill of an older, successful head coach with ties to North Carolina.

After a quick look at social media, it seems like Mike Houston of James Madison is being mentioned a good bit.

He fits the bill of an older, successful head coach with ties to North Carolina.
Sounds like he was ready to take it from 107.5 this morning

Reactions: DarkCock
Hopefully none of our offensive coaches leave. You'd have to be an idiot to want to change things now.
An absolute fool.

Guys, when we were running hurry up against CU they were totally lost at times, wish we had some health LB's!

Good grief man - you don`t want to change coaches when things seem to be going well. Chemistry, etc, is just as important among the coaches as the team. Losing BMac would not be good. Again, Clemson`s continuity in their staff has a lot to do with their success.

Good grief man - you don`t want to change coaches when things seem to be going well. Chemistry, etc, is just as important among the coaches as the team. Losing BMac would not be good. Again, Clemson`s continuity in their staff has a lot to do with their success.

I don’t think anyone has suggested wanting to lose anyone. I think some feel, as I do, we’d be ok and possibly be able to make a decent hire with the extra position on staff. That’s way different than wanting a change.

And Dabo replacing coaches quickly when needed has payed dividends as well

Just show him the money . If ECU comes inquiring then write the check . We can outbid them . Let’s be real .., if Venerables hasn’t left for a HC job given his track record then anything is possible . He talks all this BS about how much he loves Clemson but the real reason is they are paying him Head Coach money with no head coach accountability or pressure . We need to do the same with Bmac . Offense went from 115th nationally to top 40 . If he was a CEO at any company in America that would garner big $$ with the yearly Evaluation happened . Pay the msn .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT