ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp latest comments on the team.

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
Just heard him talking. Man he is a walking stat book. “Over the last two years we are 13-5 when we win this, don’t commit these, stop this, do that”. He can make anything sound better with some stat. Probably a big reason he’s where he is.
I get it. He has to fulfill his duties to the press and he has to fill that time with something. But I’m only concerned with ONE stat!
Wins...versus losses! I hope he can get it done. We would be so much better off to be able to stay with the current staff.

Muschamp's pressers before the Spring and the season openers leave me ....
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Please don't say best team ever. Please don't say best team ever. Please don't say best team ever. Please don't say best team ever. Please don't say best team ever. Please don't say best team ever. Please don't say best team ever. Please don't say best team ever..............

Please don't say best team ever. Please don't say best team ever. Please don't say best team ever. Please don't say best team ever. Please don't say best team ever. Please don't say best team ever. Please don't say best team ever. Please don't say best team ever..............

I wish he would say worst team ever, then we know we would be pretty good!

Reactions: Brace1
Just heard him talking. Man he is a walking stat book. “Over the last two years we are 13-5 when we win this, don’t commit these, stop this, do that”. He can make anything sound better with some stat. Probably a big reason he’s where he is.
I get it. He has to fulfill his duties to the press and he has to fill that time with something. But I’m only concerned with ONE stat!
Wins...versus losses! I hope he can get it done. We would be so much better off to be able to stay with the current staff.

I bet he has a pretty good record, when his team outscores their opponents.

Did he mention gap control?

Typical spin from Muschamp. He likes to gloat about how his staff won the most games in Carolina history thru 3 seasons. But what he doesn't mention is they lost the most games thru 4 seasons-more than Sparky or Brad. I'd be willing to bet Muschamps staff was one of the highest paid for the least production last year. Muschamp received $1 million per win.

WM is better suited with Finebaum as an SEC commentator.

I rarely listen to him in these settings. He looks scripted and annoyed. That's one of the things I really don't like about him; he is never fun or joyful- always guarded and measured. No way to live or lead.

I suspect he's better behind closed doors but who knows?

Reactions: TheReelEss
Typical spin from Muschamp. He likes to gloat about how his staff won the most games in Carolina history thru 3 seasons. But what he doesn't mention is they lost the most games thru 4 seasons-more than Sparky or Brad. I'd be willing to bet Muschamps staff was one of the highest paid for the least production last year. Muschamp received $1 million per win.

Muschamp just parrots stuff out to reporters. He sounds like a blowhard. He is full of it. It is almost like he is saying “when we score more points than our opponents we win”. The only credibility is backing up this talk, talk, talk with win, win, win.

Reactions: Judson1
I believe I heard this stat and it was the worst wins/dollar team in the SEC and one of the bottom 4 in the country. Don't quote me on that. It's just something I think I heard. But that's even much worse when you consider average margin of loss.

Here's a stat for Will. His record last year is the worst by a HC at USC, not in his first year, who was actually retained for the next season.

Last edited:
BOOM! sounds like he already lined up all his comments full of stats, jargon and metrics and he reels them off with all the charisma of a robot reading the encyclopedia.

He did say Ryan was 100% from the knee surgery. He completely omitted the elbow. I'm really learning how to read between the lines with him.

BOOM! sounds like he already lined up all his comments full of stats, jargon and metrics and he reels them off with all the charisma of a robot reading the encyclopedia.

He did say Ryan was 100% from the knee surgery. He completely omitted the elbow. I'm really learning how to read between the lines with him.
It's like when politicians speak. If their lips are moving, you're not getting the full story.

Reactions: TheReelEss
I believe I heard this stat and it was the worst wins/dollar team in the SEC and one of the bottom 4 in the country. Don't quote me on that. It's just something I think I heard. But that's even much worse when you consider average margin of loss.

Here's a stat for Will. His record last year is the worst by a HC at USC, not in his first year, who was actually retained for the next season.
No doubt. How many big programs put up with 4 win seasons in year 4? We do because Ray believes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT