ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp rumors

1vagamecock

Feb 5, 2011
FirsTeam this morning said rumors are floating around about Muschamp taking another job?
Any chance this is true?

He's an SEC coach. I don't see Bama, LSU, Auburn or Georgia offering him their heading coach jobs any time soon, so what are the rumors?

Reactions: cockofdawn
I'm pro will muschamp and if he resigned tomorrow or at the end of the season i'm not losing any sleep .

Sc hired muschamp who nobody wanted, and one successful season isn't going to change that with power 5 schools

To each their own, but I believe that we took a chance on him when many would not. You'd like to believe that because of that he'll have some loyalty.

There is no loyalty among coaches , they are hired guns and will go where the most money is , they are loyal to the school that writes the biggest check

Last edited:
CWM to A&M might be a bit outside the box, but then again he had to have made some friends in Texas even if he was a Longhorn.

The bigger question would be who do we target if CWM departs? Somebody, anybody on our current staff? The only 2 choices possible would be Bentley or Robinson.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brace1
rumors ? It's been said on radio and the Internet it has to b true you can't put fake news on the Internet or radio
Wow. I hear a national radio guy (who is also on the SEC network) say something about our coach and I ask if it’s true. I even tell you where I heard it.
If it’s that dumb to you just walk away.

Reactions: Jpcooper
CWM to A&M might be a bit outside the box, but then again he had to have made some friends in Texas even if he was a Longhorn.

The bigger question would be who do we target if CWM departs? Somebody, anybody on our current staff? The only 2 choices possible would’ve Bentley or Robinson.

Muschamp's gone , I'm thinking Sean Elliott , he's a gamecock fan and done well at Georgia state

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
rumors ? It's been said on radio and the Internet it has to b true you can't put fake news on the Internet or radio
I heard Dawn Staley wants the job and is using NC influence to force Tanner to fire Muschamp.

I heard Dawn Staley wants the job and is using NC influence to force Tanner to fire Muschamp.

Good pick , somebody like that would b great , or Marcus lattimore , he's got HC experience or even Todd Ellis would b a good pick

I'm pro will muschamp and if he resigned tomorrow or at the end of the season i'm not losing any sleep .

Sc hired muschamp who nobody wanted, and one successful season isn't going to change that with power 5 schools
Yeah. He's not going to Florida, who would wanna go to UT right now...He was at Texas so A&M could be a possiblity as a super long shot but I dont think theyre gonna trade a 8 or 9 win guy right now for another 8 or 9 win guy. Ole Miss is a lateral move. He isn't going anywhere. He values relationships with players a ton, you can see that with how he acted with his old Florida players. His buyout is super low though so I'm sure its negotiating tactic to get a raise, have more security here.

Reactions: Jville Tiger
I'm not saying Will is getting offered another SEC head job right now but if you look at the slim pickings out there as far as young coaches vs locked up big names it wouldn't surprise me if he garnered some interest with his current salary/buyout.

The rumor is Bielemia out at Arkansas and Malzahn goes back there. Then Muschamp to Auburn. None of that is implausible.

It's simple, when Dabo takes the A&M job and Tanner is forced out by Dawn for refusing to fire Muschamp and Dawn takes over the AD job and then fires Muschamp in order to hire herself as HBC, then Muschamp will be hired by CU and the dust will settle.

It's simple, when Dabo takes the A&M job and Tanner is forced out by Dawn for refusing to fire Muschamp and Dawn takes over the AD job and then fires Muschamp in order to hire herself as HBC, then Muschamp will be hired by CU and the dust will settle.

i'm thinking Darius Rucker, he's proved he can "cross over" why cant he move in the HC ranks.. and he loves SC and SC needs a coach who loves them and will never leave.

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
To each their own, but I believe that we took a chance on him when many would not. You'd like to believe that because of that he'll have some loyalty.
We hired who we felt was the best man for the job.In today's world, there is no such thing as loyalty, from either side.

Reactions: SCexpat38
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT