ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp rumors

Arkansas just fired their AD, and many in HawgNation are still not happy. Bielema should be shown the door, but I think he has an expensive buy-out. The Arkies want a coach who is an Arky-type, experienced, great recruiter with a winning record. Good luck on that. Boom's name has not come up out there to my knowledge. Besides, he has some more to prove at Carolina, imo.

I have no problem with the poster relating what he heard on satellite radio and wondering whether there was anything to it. After all the exact same thing occurred when the Herman to SC thing first came up a couple of years ago. Nobody asked for audio file verification back then.

I have no problem with the poster relating what he heard on satellite radio and wondering whether there was anything to it. After all the exact same thing occurred when the Herman to SC thing first came up a couple of years ago. Nobody asked for audio file verification back then.

Saying you heard a rumor about a coach who isn't currently coaching at USC, is miles away in comparison when saying your CURRENT head coach is rumored to be taking another job

Saying you heard a rumor about a coach who isn't currently coaching at USC, is miles away in comparison when saying your CURRENT head coach is rumored to be taking another job
Um, they're both rumors. This is a discussion board and the guy merely asked if there might be something to one he heard that morning. So what? I don't get the outrage.

Reactions: rogue cock
Um, they're both rumors. This is a discussion board and the guy merely asked if there might be something to one he heard that morning. So what? I don't get the outrage.

I'm responding to your quote below.. and the 2 scenarios you mention are clearly different. I saw no outrage...that is all

"After all the exact same thing occurred"

Why would Muschamp go anywhere else? Or bigger question why would anyone hire him. He hasn't really proven anything except that he can beat bad teams and lose to good teams. I think he is where he needs to be...

Reactions: Jpcooper
I don't think A&M would hire Muschamp. He is a heck of a defensive football coach, but he hasn't proved at 2 different schools that he can put together a good offensive product.

They were just throwing out the possibility that if malzan leaves auburn that muschamp has ties there and might be a long shot for the job...in the same conversation they added that lane kiffin would be a great choice for sc if muschamp left..

They were just throwing out the possibility that if malzan leaves auburn that muschamp has ties there and might be a long shot for the job...in the same conversation they added that lane kiffin would be a great choice for sc if muschamp left..
Bogus beyond measure.

never trust "They"

Reactions: 92Pony
In defense of whomever started this, I was listening this morning as well. Greg McIlroy said he had viable sources who told him Gus was considering a move to Arky if asked at end of season and that Auburn's #1 candidate would be Will Muschamp BC of his staff and their recruiting prowess. He also said same source mentioned Muschamp would highly consider the opportunity if it came up. These are the words that were spoken. Take them as you wish

In defense of whomever started this, I was listening this morning as well. Greg McIlroy said he had viable sources who told him Gus was considering a move to Arky if asked at end of season and that Auburn's #1 candidate would be Will Muschamp BC of his staff and their recruiting prowess. He also said same source mentioned Muschamp would highly consider the opportunity if it came up. These are the words that were spoken. Take them as you wish

well Auburn is an idiot to think about hiring Will Muschamp as their HC should Malzahn leave
And Auburn would never seriously consider this..they aint that stupid

Reactions: Jpcooper
To each their own, but I believe that we took a chance on him when many would not. You'd like to believe that because of that he'll have some loyalty.

We took a chance on him when many would not! How about no one would take a chance on him except us.

After the gas pumper reference when heck freezes over.

The problem with the thread the OP started is if you're going to put something like that out there, it would be best to have an audio in this case, or other cases a link in print or video

The op is the only one spreading this rumor. The op created the rumor. Perhaps he just craves. The attentiin

Really what has Muschamp accomplished at USC? Same stagnant offense that got him fired at Florida, no change there. The only team he has a win over with a winning record is NC state. Every SEC team he has a win over hasnt won an SEC game that i can think of. Vandy, Tenn, Mizzou finally won i think and Arkansas but terrible teams. Almost lost to LaTech but a miracle play saved the day. Doubt we need to worry about anyone chasing Muschamp lol

a rumor is a story (which is unconfirmed or likely false) spread among a number of people

go cocks!

Really what has Muschamp accomplished at USC? Same stagnant offense that got him fired at Florida, no change there. The only team he has a win over with a winning record is NC state. Every SEC team he has a win over hasnt won an SEC game that i can think of. Vandy, Tenn, Mizzou finally won i think and Arkansas but terrible teams. Almost lost to LaTech but a miracle play saved the day. Doubt we need to worry about anyone chasing Muschamp lol
You're pushing the edge of the envelope....you're beginning to show a little orange tint again. You showed a bit too much exuberance with this post. I know it's difficult trying to stay in sheep's clothing.

Muschamp is ours for better or worse until he wins the SEC or we head a different direction.

This is media drama that makes no sense. If Malzahn leaves Auburn after a season he upset a #1 ranked to for a lateral move, they will have a hard time finding a quality head coach due to the constant drama and pressure.

Currently, Malzahn makes $3.85 Million after being @ Auburn nearly 5 full seasons and Muschamp is making $3.1 Million in the middle of season 2. The raise we provide Muschamp will probably put him @ or above Malzahn's current salary.

T Rob is probably under paid compared to Venables and Steele though.

Muschamp may leave someday, but not now. He wouldn't be considered for the jobs he would want, he wouldn't leave for the jobs he could get.

I love Muschamp and I hope stays a long, long time at SC. But if he were ever to leave, here is my "wish list" for head coaches:

1. Brad Scott
2. Heath Cline
3. Steven Garcia
4. Wally Burnham
5. Gruden
6. The Lindsey Twins (co-HCs)
7. Gamecock Jesus
8. Whammy
Its all a ploy to lure Gregg Marshall back.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
The op is the only one spreading this rumor. The op created the rumor. Perhaps he just craves. The attentiin
I will refrain from calling you the name you deserve ( and earned) but I will say you would not call me a liar to my face. You and bosoxcock must be best friends. You think y’all are smart but I think y’all are just rude!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT