ADVERTISEMENT

My guess is Beamer is going to have to go the JUCO route this first

The big questions....how many scholly slots? How many Srs do we retain?
We gotta have room...

Be interesting to see what the total scholly limit will be. With everyone being granted a free year and the early signing date coming it will undoubtably be way over 85. Then you have the issue of having to reduce it back down to 85 over what number of years. If you try & do it too fast then you will have far far fewer available spots in a specific year & a lot of guys would miss an opportunity to play. My guess would be something like 3 yrs to get the rosters back to the 85. (possibly 2)

I think attrition will give us a few extra scholarships so we can load up on both juco and portal transfers. I doubt anyone is shown the door THIS year, at least through spring.

The big questions....how many scholly slots? How many Srs do we retain?
We gotta have room...
I was watching the live stream from Wes and Chris a few days ago and they mentioned a few names that was being counted towards this class from last year’s class.can’t remember the number though.

Juco’s hardly ever work out. The Brinkley brothers Ko Simpson and Kinlaw is the only ones I can think of.

Juco’s hardly ever work out. The Brinkley brothers Ko Simpson and Kinlaw is the only ones I can think of.
I can think of a ton more than that. Two starting LB's on the 2010 SEC East Champ team were JUCO's. (Straughter & Dickinson). Duce Staley, Emanual Weaver, Ernest Dye just off the top of my head. Big DL from Sumter (cant recall his name) very good player though. I believe Ernest Dixon was also a JUCO

Last edited:
I can think of a ton more than that. Both our starting LB's on the 2010 SEC East Champ team were JUCO's. (Straughter & Dickinson). Duce Staley, Emanual Weaver, Ernest Dye just off the top of my head
Many others. Ko was a greyshirt FTR.

We need to sign enough JUCOs/transfers to balance the roster. You don't want too many graduating or not graduating in a class because inevitably your win/loss record one year will pay for it and that's enough in this day and age to get fired.

I can think of a ton more than that. Two starting LB's on the 2010 SEC East Champ team were JUCO's. (Straughter & Dickinson). Duce Staley, Emanual Weaver, Ernest Dye just off the top of my head. Big DL from Sumter (cant recall his name) very good player though. I believe Ernest Dixon was also a JUCO
Quarles?

Reactions: funktavious
It did? Arkansas is terrible
Yes they are. I keep wondering why Pittman is being touted as the next saban and also a blueprint for success?? I feel Iike his extended family is on gamecock boards promoting him.
we definitely have to try the transfer portal, and some jucos.Jucos coming incertainly doesn’t jive with what Beamer claims his approach will be....but I hope he recognizes we need wholesale changes on offensive personnel In order to win more than 1-2 games next year.

I believe it will not matter. It will not happen. Keep believing. I will but we will still suck for many years to come.

Yes they are. I keep wondering why Pittman is being touted as the next saban and also a blueprint for success?? I feel Iike his extended family is on gamecock boards promoting him.
we definitely have to try the transfer portal, and some jucos.Jucos coming incertainly doesn’t jive with what Beamer claims his approach will be....but I hope he recognizes we need wholesale changes on offensive personnel In order to win more than 1-2 games next year.

Ark. looked bad vs. Ala. but overall is much improved vs. last year

We need WRs and LBs
And DB, and DL, and a new kicker, we are possibly going to lose our top TE as well.. a few OL who can pass block... RB and QB are the only spots we seem to have sufficient talent and it is mostly unproven talent at QB.... So, yeah we basically need a new team built around a handful of skill players.

I am hopeful Beamer moves some guys around to fill gaps. Bobo did a little of that as soon as he took over, WM seemed unwilling to do it at times...

year. Certainly worked for Sam Pittman @ Arkansas.
I don’t know how well it worked for Pittman, Arki is a little better under him I guess. BUT we absolutely are going to pursue some Jucos as was shown when Shane’s first offer made as HC of the Gamecocks was to a Juco guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT