ADVERTISEMENT

NOT Until.....

Not sure you want what you are asking for
That all ya got, minor league stuff from some boosters who were banished nearly 9 years ago? We're talking about today not a decade ago. You think XT just all of a sudden wanted to post pics of his new truck? Where are the cars bought at USC, getting players dads out of jail, grabbing 5* players who never visit the campus you know the kind of stuff that gets you banded from TV etc. I've never seen a USC football players displaying hand fulls of cash for the camera ot talking about when "he was poor" before committing. Most programs have boosters somewhere in the programs history help a kid but I'm talking 5* players and getting so many all of a sudden out of the blue. Cash in hand deals like they probably gave Watson to get him. You know the kind of stuff that gets you strong probation hits like, let's say, Clemson got.

Dumb post. There's a big difference in institutional cheating (benefits provided or paid for directly or indirectly by the school) and students who individually or collectively managed to get a discount on their rent. USC was not a part of Whitney in any way, and the only thing the NCAA could accuse us for was "Failure To Monitor". That basically means big brother wasn't watching every move or purchase individual players made on their own time and own dime. It was a ridiculous exercise by the NCAA, but they had to respond somehow because an adversarial journalist at The State News made the accusation in a published news rag.

USC tried to act honorably and self-impose our own penalty which the NCAA accepted. Other schools and the NCAA applauded USC's cooperation and response saying it was a model for how it should be done. Meanwhile behind closed doors, those same AD's and coaches laughed, looked st each other, and collectively said .... "SUCKERS!"

Do you honestly think Clemson, GA, NC, AU, AL, etc... would admit to any such accusation? Heck no! Their way of dealing with these type of accusations is to admit nothing, and counter litigate!
It was still illegal and it was failure on our coaches part not to know.... assuming they didn't know. The guy said where was proof of cheating and improper benefits is well..: cheating. I'm sure every school has bagmen, it's basic common knowledge

That all ya got, minor league stuff from some boosters who were banished nearly 9 years ago? We're talking about today not a decade ago. You think XT just all of a sudden wanted to post pics of his new truck? Where are the cars bought at USC, getting players dads out of jail, grabbing 5* players who never visit the campus you know the kind of stuff that gets you banded from TV etc. I've never seen a USC football players displaying hand fulls of cash for the camera ot talking about when "he was poor" before committing. Most programs have boosters somewhere in the programs history help a kid but I'm talking 5* players and getting so many all of a sudden out of the blue. Cash in hand deals like they probably gave Watson to get him. You know the kind of stuff that gets you strong probation hits like, let's say, Clemson got.

Dude, you are just a troll. I do not need some tater on here trying to drag the dirty laundry into the light. There is no other answer for it. Non member on the free site. Forget you man. There are things that are public like the Whitney and the booster that were disowned. Let's leave it at that as enough to prove you wrong

Hey, did you guys know that Carolina is the only program in America that is completely clean and everyone around us is so dirty.

Wake up. You will believe what you want to believe. You will always assume that everyone is cheating and Carolina is not. I think everyone cheats. Now, I am not sure how much the schools know about it or if it is all boosters, but for sure everyone knows about the side deals and extra benefits that athletes get. It is a joke to assume it does not happen here
So, when is the NCAA going to rule on the 100 classes at Tar Hole U that players passed that was NOT AVAILABLE? Did i miss something here. Money talks and BS Walks.

Whitney??? Need I say more? And if you are ignorant enough to believe USC does not engage in illegal activity then I'm not sure what else to tell you. In most cases, all schools do some sort of shady stuff
- The NCAA's final report revised up the total of impermissible benefits by $4,000 to $59,000.

- The NCAA found the Whitney Hotel charged a rate of $14.95 per athlete for two-bedroom suites. The NCAA said the rate should've been more than $57 per night for each athlete. One football player who spent more than year at the hotel, the NCAA said, received an extra benefit worth $19,280.

- Former South Carolina compliance director Jennifer Stiles had said the hotel rate was comparable to other available off-campus housing. The NCAA called her assessment "flawed" in correspondence from 2010, and said the school should have compared the rate to the price for others who stayed at the Whitney long term.

- The NCAA also alleged that South Carolina received $8,000 in improper benefits from the Student Athlete Mentoring Foundation. SAMF president Steve Gordon and treasurer Kevin Lahn were found to have paid for several unofficial visits by Gamecocks freshman receiver Damiere Byrd. Both Gordon and Lahn are South Carolina graduates.

- Lahn also paid for a $3,350 dinner cruise on nearby Lake Murray for several prospects.

- The university has disassociated itself from three boosters; Gordon, Lahn, and Whitney general manager Jamie Blevins.

- Questions about agents have had a significant impact on South Carolina. The Gamecocks threw the star tight end Weslye Saunders off the team because of problems involving agents
The Whitney? That was the most ridiculous witch hunt in recent memory. Place was nothing special. Sure it was out of compliance and needed to be stopped, but it wasnt some major deep seeded prong of a cheating scandal. The place wasnt a 5 star luxury hotel or something. Not even close.

NCAA is scheduled to announce the UNC penalties on Aug 16th...anything less than the death penalty means they got off light.

So, when is the NCAA going to rule on the 100 classes at Tar Hole U that players passed that was NOT AVAILABLE? Did i miss something here. Money talks and BS Walks.

Oh.. the the tar holes are dirty as hell. I am not saying that their is crap out there. Their is for sure. Heck short of Vandy, the whole SEC has been on probation in the last 20ish years. but dang, you can not open a thread without someone claiming cheating with not one shred of proof. If there is something there, this board would be doing backflips for it, which tells me nobody has nothing. Quit bitching and dig something up. That is how the UNC stuff came out, NC State board brought it all to light. if Carolina is getting caught with stuff and Clemson is not, then get on it

Dude, you are just a troll. I do not need some tater on here trying to drag the dirty laundry into the light. There is no other answer for it. Non member on the free site. Forget you man. There are things that are public like the Whitney and the booster that were disowned. Let's leave it at that as enough to prove you wrong
Troll?.hahahhahaha Oh yeah well forget you too man...lol.. I was a Gamecock when you were pooping yellow.

It was still illegal and it was failure on our coaches part not to know.... assuming they didn't know. The guy said where was proof of cheating and improper benefits is well..: cheating. I'm sure every school has bagmen, it's basic common knowledge

I'm not sure the players knew they were getting anything illegal. The rate they were paying was comparable to other housing rates other athletes were paying. Having worked in the securities business, I was required to show my personal and business transaction records and/or statements at regular audits and inspections. Short of doing this with every single athlete in your program, I don't know how you "monitor" what a kid is getting or spending money on. We are also only talking about a small handful of players. I don't recall how many, but it was only about 3-4 if I recall, and they were staying there only because their athletic dorm(s) were being remodeled or something of that nature. The NCAA making a big deal if this is laughable compared to decades of academic fraud at UNC.

If Deshaun Watson was so poor before going to Clemson, how did he pay for all the designer clothes and jewelry he was always sporting? He wore enough jewelry to make a pimp from the hood jealous.

Reactions: BigTomE and coxman
Troll?.hahahhahaha Oh yeah well forget you too man...lol.. I was a Gamecock when you were pooping yellow.

The way I see it, there are a couple of options. I stand corrected if you are not a troll. The other options are naive or blind

What are you saying that Ray Tanner should go out and hire a bag man? Ray should publicly start offering players? smh
Nobody hires a bag man. They emerge spontaneously. I don't know if every school has them or not. I do know that, if we have one - or several - they are under-performing. I'm really not in favor of bag men. I don't care about winning that much, since use of such machinations really isn't winning in the right spirit.

I really wish the NFL would start a farm program like baseball so the players good enough to be paid could go that route legally. It would change the college game a lot but then the real students could go to school and the guys majoring in football could start working towards making the league.
I wish the NFL would too, but why spend that kind of money if you're the NFL?

Nah, I stopped being naive or blind to things many years ago now I'm just groovy cool and perfect. It's hard being jimnasium.
XT was posting pictures of his used truck, long before committing to Clemson, and I want you to name 1 5* who committed to Clemson without visiting. That's right you can't. You lied about the truck and you lied about the commitments with no vists. Yeah, you're not troll, you're definitely all cock.

This is embarrassing on so many levels.

1. Are you really gonna openly advocate for this? People on here are always making jabs at other schools for cheating -- now you want to do it too?
2. We already pay/cheat to a certain extent almost assuredly; everyone does.
3. If we did pay, do you really think we would pay more than Bama etc?

XT was posting pictures of his used truck, long before committing to Clemson, and I want you to name 1 5* who committed to Clemson without visiting. That's right you can't. You lied about the truck and you lied about the commitments with no vists. Yeah, you're not troll, you're definitely all cock.
Thank you and you're all Tiger.

Why are we not winning the few elite kids in state? That is how we built before. We were 3rd in the pecking order for Wynn. That is a problem. Out of state will always be more difficult. In state, we absolutely have to win these kids.

Additionally for XT, You guys have some how turned a Ford F-150 into a Lamborghini countache. There was whole thread devoted to how XT could afford a f-150!. The most economical pickup on the market. I.e a 7,000-8,000 dollar vehicle that you can get for $125 a month on credit. Hell, If you work the register at nights at piggly wiggly, or if you work part time at a "car wash!!" you can make 1000 a month easy.

What kind of jalopies, do you all drive if you are wondering how atheletes can afford an f-150?

Loco is right.....your rationale, not what you said. It's actually Countach, and you have an apparent lack of understanding of how book values work. It's a fact that he has a Lariat, which even with average mileage (which some people might consider high at 100k) still books around $18k.

Now, his acquisition may be on the up and up, but don't piss on our leg and tell us it's raining, and try and convince us that you can actually get one of those trucks, in that condition, and that particular model for $7-8000. Especially with those rims.

Is Clemson cheating, don't know for sure can't prove a thing, but let's employ some logic shall we? Say you got a neighbor working hard making average money and driving his 2009 pickup, nothing out of the ordinary. All of a sudden he starts driving a brand new Mercedes and dressing like Wayne Newton and nothing has changed so it seems in his life. He's spending big money and is seen with the hottest chicks right out of the blue. That guy is Clemson. Just a few short years ago they were average finishing 2nd or 3rd in the ACC then all of a sudden BOOM here comes Watson. Right behind him they start racking up on high 4* and 5* players Clemson has become THE place to play in college football but what changed? If Dabo is that wonderful of a recruiter where were these big names when he recruited for Tommy he was recruiting then too. Where did Dabo all of a sudden get magic recruiting power? Did he get them from the same store Jack got his magic beans? Just use logic and it all makes sense even without proof. I wouldn't put it past their boosters to bribe the NCAA if they had to. It you take off the orange colored glasses it would make sense like it does to the rest of us. One thing is for sure, they proved it one time. A Leopard can't change his spots but a Tiger can turn into a Cheetah I've seen it with my own eyes. It's deja vu all over again.

Nobody hires a bag man. They emerge spontaneously. I don't know if every school has them or not. I do know that, if we have one - or several - they are under-performing. I'm really not in favor of bag men. I don't care about winning that much, since use of such machinations really isn't winning in the right spirit.

Agree. There is an article (don't know if espn or SI or what) titled Meet The Bagman that describes what you are saying. The coaches and AD are willfully unaware of the activities, and the bagmen are smart enough to keep everthing untraceable. If a kid ends up with a car, and if the NCAA looks, there will be a bill of sale to the kid's uncle, dad, whoever.

The article descibes a network of small money guys. The million dollar givers buy weight rooms. The guys with 10,000 to spend do bag work. They are careful about money not changing hands, about meetings not taking place directly, etc. The photos one sometimes sees of bling and cash are not from the bagmen; they know better. Those photos are just kids being kids. The bagmen are pretty skittish of people who want to get in to meet athletes, feel important, etc. They are committed to 'helping' (if one can call it that) a program while remaining anonymous to nearly everyone. They never meet a coach, rarely meet a player. There has to be a moat between what they do and anything related to the program, cutouts between cutouts. Most coaches might even be surprised at the level of this activity.

A coach cannot oversee what millions of fans do. All he can do is preach ethics and then instll those ethics within what he can influence, which does include the boosters and booster clubs. But if some no-name in Hartsville makes sure a kid's uncle has enough money to buy a car, no coach wants to even know about that, because once he knows he has to do something, and he can't do everything or control everybody. And to be honest about it, as much as I hate to say it, that is probably outside the NCAA's legitimate jurisdiction, and should be. When basic morality fails, you can't control everybody.

I am totally with you in your feelings that this ruins the sport. As important as the sport is, its just football, and when it becomes an enterprise with no boundaries its just not fun anymore. The only way to keep the fun is to assume one's school isn't doing it because the coach maintains a clean program. Intellectually we know its more complex than that, but allow ourselves a fantasy of cleanliness.

Last edited:
Serious question for the taters chiming in on this thread....

The Clemson fans I know believe that the Tigers will be really good this season because of the great recruiting over the past few years. The fact that Clemson lost key offensive skill players, and most of its offensive production, doesn't seem to matter to them because "there are 4 and 5 star players in all positions" (an extremely exaggerated common opinion amongst the tater crowd, IMO). So, my question is... how can you guys point to recruiting as the reason Clemson will be successful this season, while ignoring the fact that Jimbo Fisher has out recruited Clemson every season he's been at FSU? Hes only had one class outside of the top 10 (11), and 3 classes ranked in the top 5. If class rankings are a predictor of future success, then isn't it fair to say that FSU should be better than Clemson this season? Serious question, so I'd appreciate serious answers.

Serious question for the taters chiming in on this thread....

The Clemson fans I know believe that the Tigers will be really good this season because of the great recruiting over the past few years. The fact that Clemson lost key offensive skill players, and most of its offensive production, doesn't seem to matter to them because "there are 4 and 5 star players in all positions" (an extremely exaggerated common opinion amongst the tater crowd, IMO). So, my question is... how can you guys point to recruiting as the reason Clemson will be successful this season, while ignoring the fact that Jimbo Fisher has out recruited Clemson every season he's been at FSU? Hes only had one class outside of the top 10 (11), and 3 classes ranked in the top 5. If class rankings are a predictor of future success, then isn't it fair to say that FSU should be better than Clemson this season? Serious question, so I'd appreciate serious answers.

Fair question. Yeah, when you get people talking on the internet every fan base of every school has people who think they can win every game.

But no, I don't think any honest CU fan would say that replacing a Heisman runner up at QB, a first rounder at WR, another star at WR, and a star RB will be any anything but a crap shoot. The starting QB will have never taken a meaningful snap in a game, or maybe no snaps in any game. The fan says, "They were highly recruited, they will bust out now", but the realists remember other hopefuls who struggled. You just can't know. The defense may or may not be the stopper it was the last two years, but defense will not be the problem. Nor will the oline, nor will the general talent at WR. But there is no way to predict whether the CU offense will do what it did the last two years. A sane person would say, "Likely not."

As to FSU it is hard to say how much if any they outrecruited CU. CU had a very small class last year, and will again this year, so the rankings were lower, but when comparing player to player they seem reasonably close. The last two games prove that. But because of the above, the talent edge might go back to FSU. Because that game is at home, CU fans are hopeful. It wont be a slam dunk for either team.

This is not a fan statement, just an observation, but CU really does have 4 and 5 star players at most positions. That is not an "extreme exaggeration", or any exaggeration at all. But for the reasons you mentioned, that does not mean FSU won't win that game, or that CU will win every game but that one.

Ohio State, FSU and Oklahoma have each experienced a down (for them) year recently when a few key positions had to be replaced. Those down years were experienced with 4 and 5 stars at most positions. Could happen to CU this year. Or not. Personally, I see it as a tipping point thing. CU won some games in the last couple of years simply because Watson, Williams, etc could take a game over then they had to, when good but lesser players might not have, like the last drives against FSU and Bama. Very good teams sometimes don't pull that off, and 12-0 becomes 10-2 or 9-3. So yeah, no promises made by me, that's for sure.

Reactions: IrmoRed
Fair question. Yeah, when you get people talking on the internet every fan base of every school has people who think they can win every game.

But no, I don't think any honest CU fan would say that replacing a Heisman runner up at QB, a first rounder at WR, another star at WR, and a star RB will be any anything but a crap shoot. The starting QB will have never taken a meaningful snap in a game, or maybe no snaps in any game. The fan says, "They were highly recruited, they will bust out now", but the realists remember other hopefuls who struggled. You just can't know. The defense may or may not be the stopper it was the last two years, but defense will not be the problem. Nor will the oline, nor will the general talent at WR. But there is no way to predict whether the CU offense will do what it did the last two years. A sane person would say, "Likely not."

As to FSU it is hard to say how much if any they outrecruited CU. CU had a very small class last year, and will again this year, so the rankings were lower, but when comparing player to player they seem reasonably close. The last two games prove that. But because of the above, the talent edge might go back to FSU. Because that game is at home, CU fans are hopeful. It wont be a slam dunk for either team.

This is not a fan statement, just an observation, but CU really does have 4 and 5 star players at most positions. That is not an "extreme exaggeration", or any exaggeration at all. But for the reasons you mentioned, that does not mean FSU won't win that game, or that CU will win every game but that one.

Ohio State, FSU and Oklahoma have each experienced a down (for them) year recently when a few key positions had to be replaced. Those down years were experienced with 4 and 5 stars at most positions. Could happen to CU this year. Or not. Personally, I see it as a tipping point thing. CU won some games in the last couple of years simply because Watson, Williams, etc could take a game over then they had to, when good but lesser players might not have, like the last drives against FSU and Bama. Very good teams sometimes don't pull that off, and 12-0 becomes 10-2 or 9-3. So yeah, no promises made by me, that's for sure.

I appreciate the serious answer...
The reason I say it's an exaggerated opinion is because Clemson's roster lists as many former 2 (5) and 3 star (36) recruits as 4 (38) and 5 star (6) recruits. Granted, many of the 2 and 3 star guys may not see the field, but they're on the roster. It seems a common misconception amongst Clemson fans that they only sign 4 and 5 star guys while USC only signs 2 and 3 star recruits. Just to compare USC has (6) 2 star, (55) 3 star, (22) 4 star, and (0) 5 star guys on its roster.

Reactions: Cumberlandsc
The reason I say it's an exaggerated opinion is because Clemson's roster lists as many former 2 (5) and 3 star (36) recruits as 4 (38) and 5 star (6) recruits. Granted, many of the 2 and 3 star guys may not see the field, but they're on the roster. It seems a common misconception amongst Clemson fans that they only sign 4 and 5 star guys while USC only signs 2 and 3 star recruits. Just to compare USC has (6) 2 star, (55) 3 star, (22) 4 star, and (0) 5 star guys on its roster.

Agree, and for those reasons everything I said about CU can be said of SC in terms of upside. SC has been recruiting D-1 players. More experience at QB, a few key pieces elsewhere come together, a little more chemistry develops, who knows what can happen. Big fast players beat smaller slower players, but rarely are the lines drawn that clearly: for everyone not named Alabama it is not an exact process. Which why we love it: we get to put on our garnet and orange colored glasses and say all sorts of indefensible things. :)

Last edited:
If that was s accurate, that is a huge numbers gap between 4 and 5 star guys. No wonder we lag in talent.

If that was s accurate, that is a huge numbers gap between 4 and 5 star guys. No wonder we lag in talent.

Wow, I did not know the gap was that big. I knew that they were replacing QB, RB and 2 WR each with 5 star players with little to no experience other than at WR. I did not realize that Clemson basically have a whole year's recruiting class of 4* more than Carolina.

The difference is that when a player gets tired or injuries, the replacement of a somewhat equal quality. If they lose the QB this year, the backup or even the 3rd string are about as good. If Bentley goes down, might as well call it a season.

Boosters should be doing that. Be lax with drug tests and have a comprehensive Eastern Bloc steroid program. Those 3 star lineman will become 4 stars.

I really wish the NFL would start a farm program like baseball so the players good enough to be paid could go that route legally. It would change the college game a lot but then the real students could go to school and the guys majoring in football could start working towards making the league.
This is even less likely than that wish I had about me and Lynda Carter back in the day. For the NFL to give up a farm system that they pay nothing for is Star Wars level fantasy.

Wow, I did not know the gap was that big. I knew that they were replacing QB, RB and 2 WR each with 5 star players with little to no experience other than at WR. I did not realize that Clemson basically have a whole year's recruiting class of 4* more than Carolina.

The difference is that when a player gets tired or injuries, the replacement of a somewhat equal quality. If they lose the QB this year, the backup or even the 3rd string are about as good. If Bentley goes down, might as well call it a season.
Dylan Thompson says hello

Is Clemson cheating, don't know for sure can't prove a thing, but let's employ some logic shall we? Say you got a neighbor working hard making average money and driving his 2009 pickup, nothing out of the ordinary. All of a sudden he starts driving a brand new Mercedes and dressing like Wayne Newton and nothing has changed so it seems in his life. He's spending big money and is seen with the hottest chicks right out of the blue. That guy is Clemson. Just a few short years ago they were average finishing 2nd or 3rd in the ACC then all of a sudden BOOM here comes Watson. Right behind him they start racking up on high 4* and 5* players Clemson has become THE place to play in college football but what changed? If Dabo is that wonderful of a recruiter where were these big names when he recruited for Tommy he was recruiting then too. Where did Dabo all of a sudden get magic recruiting power? Did he get them from the same store Jack got his magic beans? Just use logic and it all makes sense even without proof. I wouldn't put it past their boosters to bribe the NCAA if they had to. It you take off the orange colored glasses it would make sense like it does to the rest of us. One thing is for sure, they proved it one time. A Leopard can't change his spots but a Tiger can turn into a Cheetah I've seen it with my own eyes. It's deja vu all over again.
You are forgetting the Church of What's Happing Now that sprang up over on Campus at tater tot U, which Daba Do Do drives through first with mom and all of a sudden that "love" money comes pouring in which CANNOT BE TRACED!!! By the way, the Tot preacher that got rehab for drinking, gambling and fooling around IS BACK! Stay tuned!

You are forgetting the Church of What's Happing Now that sprang up over on Campus at tater tot U, which Daba Do Do drives through first with mom and all of a sudden that "love" money comes pouring in which CANNOT BE TRACED!!! By the way, the Tot preacher that got rehab for drinking, gambling and fooling around IS BACK! Stay tuned!
Only visible to eyes not wearing orange colored glasses. Why is it you never see Dabo's name at the top of any coaching openings? They know.

Reactions: IrmoRed
Only visible to eyes not wearing orange colored glasses. Why is it you never see Dabo's name at the top of any coaching openings? They know.
Most people are intelligent enough to know that after appearing in the last 2 nc games, and being the current national champion, and having several of the top players in the country coming in next cycle, they know that Dabo's just getting started and wouldn't even consider going anywhere. I guess the intelligence deal leaves you out. As far as funneling money to football players through a church, there is no response to that level of ignorance.

Reactions: Cumberlandsc
Most people are intelligent enough to know that after appearing in the last 2 nc games, and being the current national champion, and having several of the top players in the country coming in next cycle, they know that Dabo's just getting started and wouldn't even consider going anywhere. I guess the intelligence deal leaves you out. As far as funneling money to football players through a church, there is no response to that level of ignorance.
Why don't you go back to your Gamecock banning board? Save your replies, do you really we expect y'all to come post in agreement? And you call us ignorant? You're cheating in some way or another and your coming back with orange propaganda ain't changing anybodies minds. The worm will turn soon and you will be nowhere to be found because one post from a Gamecocks = instant ban from the sea of rednecks site. I can't believe I actually used time I will never get back jawing with you mouth breathers. Go catch that mule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT