ADVERTISEMENT

Operations Center

All we heard about for years is how bad we needed the new operations center to be competitive. I’ll I have noticed is that our players are soft and have regressed every year since it was opened.
Yeah.. A big super expensive building will make you win games. Ask Shaw, Swearinger, Clowney, Ingram, Alshon, Gilmore, Lattimore, Sharpe, Brooks, Edwards, Big George, and a host of others if that’s the case.

I think I recall Muschamp talking about the players staying in the Hootie recording studio all night or something. Yeah, that'll help you win football games.

All we heard about for years is how bad we needed the new operations center to be competitive. I’ll I have noticed is that our players are soft and have regressed every year since it was opened.
There is no correlation between the things you are trying to connect. Facilities upgrades help with recruiting (assuming you can bring kids to campus for visits which- due to covid we haven’t been able to for basically this whole year), they do not necessarily keep players from getting “soft”. Coaches can only do so much encouragement to get kids to work hard and get into shape, at some point it is up to the players to do it and you have to have landed and identified self motivated individuals who will take advantage of your improved facilities to get into better shape and become better players. We have done a poor job of identifying the right qualities in recruits under this past staff and the recent attrition is 100% proof that many of our players do not have a committed mindset. I don’t know what makes you think opening a new operations center would somehow improve the physical fitness of our players but those two things are not connected.

Yea, this is a reach. Would you prefer we not have nice facilities and have zero chance at landing elite recruits? You need several ingredients for a winning program. Just because the coaching ingredient has been substandard for 5 years doesn’t mean it would help us to also be deficient in facilities.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT