ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Uniform in Sports

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
I was reading where the Red Sox and Yankees will be playing games in London this year. Boston is the home team, but MLB is making both teams wear home uniforms because they want to show off the pinstripes.

This got me thinking, what is the best uniform in all of sports? You can have 2 - personal preference and iconic. And why? Post pics! Go!

I'll stay with the NFL. 1) Dallas Cowboys (wearing white jerseys). 2) Pittsburgh Steelers home uniform. Sorry, no pics.

You could throw in the iconic baseball uniforms 2 previously mentioned, along with Dodgers & Cubs.

I've always liked the football uni's for Kansas State and Auburn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Cruz__Jose_-_1977.jpg

Lol....these were the WORST.

Nothing looks better than Carolina on a clean garnet, black and white uniform IMO

For pro football, I've always liked the New York Jets look.

College football, nothing beats early 1980s Carolina IMO.

The Yankees have the most iconic uniforms in sports for sure. Red Sox, Dodgers, and Cubs are great as well. Agree with above poster that Dodgers are the best.

CFB- Michigan and Notre Dame are probably the most iconic. Southern Cal, Texas, and LSU aremy favorites.

Most iconic would have to go to NYY even though I can't stand them-kind of goes hand in hand with Alabama's uniforms; not a fan of the team or color even (shocker right?) but it is a classic, clean look that is part of their tradition and makes it one of the most recognizable college football uniform even without a logo on sides the helmet and just a small one on the jersey.

Red Sox is ugly IMO. The super dark blue and the bright red don't look that good together. Font also ugly. Certainly a classic and "iconic" one though

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
For my personal preference, I think Ohio State has the best uniform in college football. I love silver and their scarlet mixed in is perfect. They do a great job adding more striping than most helmets. I hate OSU but I love their uniforms. Do agree Michigan’s helmet is the best, but like OSU’s overall uniform better. Pull for Michigan in the game though.
ohio-state-cotton-bowl-celebration-getty.jpg

For iconic you can certainly say the Yankees. But I’m going to go a different direction and say the Green Bay Packers. Same design for years. The green and yellow are fairly unique as you don’t see them used often. Classic stripes on helmet and pants. I do like the Packers so I know that probably plays a part into it, but I love their look. I’ll even put a former Gamecock up as my pic...
brooks.jpg

Those are my two. If I were going baseball alone I’d say the Cardinals have the best uniform in baseball, and the Yankees pinstripes are most iconic.

NBA I’d say Celtics have best uniform and the most iconic. The Washington Bullets...I mean Wizards look good since they went back to the traditional look...but not iconic. Lakers could be up there as well but their recent changes are terrible.
group-walk_0.jpg

872283384.jpg.0.jpg

NHL...Hartford Whalers had the best but they are now the Hurricanes (ugly). Maple Leafs are so clean and iconic. Redwings are in the mix as are the Canadiens. I like the Vancouver colors though.

Last edited:
UCLA in their home blue jerseys at night...they glow.
I’ll also go with the Chargers in their powder blue/ white helmets...which they never wear anymore.

Love those uniforms. I believe they still wear the powder blues often but just not the throwback version. Or did they stop when they moved to LA? Still wear navy as well but I’ve really become a fan of their royal blues too.

Powder Blue
usatsi_8885118.jpg

Royal Blue
Ds4BgtNV4AIY10F.jpg

Red Sox is ugly IMO. The super dark blue and the bright red don't look that good together. Font also ugly. Certainly a classic and "iconic" one though

My issue is that so many teams now have similar looks. I know a lot is because it has been copied.

I like teams with royal blue rather than the dark blue. Wish the Rays has gone royal rather than the dark when they rebranded 10 years ago.

The Kansas City Royals also have a clean uniform. And I like their light blue as well. Y’all might recognize this guy in them...

RoyalsRays%200070%206-1-16%20JFS%20(1)

oakland-athletics-v-kansas-city-royals-19affdeedd2d2764.jpg

My issue is that so many teams now have similar looks. I know a lot is because it has been copied.

I like teams with royal blue rather than the dark blue. Wish the Rays has gone royal rather than the dark when they rebranded 10 years ago.

The Kansas City Royals also have a clean uniform. And I like their light blue as well.
I agree, most new-fangled ones either look garish and tacky or completely forgettable. Another thing I hate now is teams don't want to stick with a 2-3 color palette. Look at the Utah Jazz or Oklahoma City Thunder. I think they both used about every color in the Crayola box

I agree, most new-fangled ones either look garish and tacky or completely forgettable. Another thing I hate now is teams don't want to stick with a 2-3 color palette. Look at the Utah Jazz or Oklahoma City Thunder. I think they both used about every color in the Crayola box

Drives me nuts. I get the occasional throwback but pick a few colors and stick with it. Add Oregon into that mix, as well as USF, and Baylor. All of a sudden they dress like highlighters.

If you haven't seen the Jazz in a while, they used to be purple. They have now added navy, gold, green and red to that.

084.png

If you haven't seen the Jazz in a while, they used to be purple. They have now added navy, gold, green and red to that.

084.png

Yeah, I think they are actually more green now than purple. But still, major improvement from the mountains on their uniforms.

DZQLL3xWAAAkMYk.jpg

T2I4UA3HYZG25OZX7BCNCSUL5E.JPG

I don't give a rip about any Detroit team, but I always like their home uniform (which reminds me of our unis above, also one of my favs). Funny thing is I think Detroit has one of the ugliest road unis (must be the orange).

UptonInsta-300x300.png

Reactions: coolcock2001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT