ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Uniform in Sports

0ap2000000109761_gallery_600.jpg
One more

For my personal preference, I think Ohio State has the best uniform in college football. I love silver and their scarlet mixed in is perfect. They do a great job adding more striping than most helmets. I hate OSU but I love their uniforms. Do agree Michigan’s helmet is the best, but like OSU’s overall uniform better. Pull for Michigan in the game though.
ohio-state-cotton-bowl-celebration-getty.jpg

For iconic you can certainly say the Yankees. But I’m going to go a different direction and say the Green Bay Packers. Same design for years. The green and yellow are fairly unique as you don’t see them used often. Classic stripes on helmet and pants. I do like the Packers so I know that probably plays a part into it, but I love their look. I’ll even put a former Gamecock up as my pic...
brooks.jpg

Those are my two. If I were going baseball alone I’d say the Cardinals have the best uniform in baseball, and the Yankees pinstripes are most iconic.

NBA I’d say Celtics have best uniform and the most iconic. The Washington Bullets...I mean Wizards look good since they went back to the traditional look...but not iconic. Lakers could be up there as well but their recent changes are terrible.

NHL...Hartford Whalers had the best but they are now the Hurricanes (ugly). Maple Leafs are so clean and iconic. Redwings are in the mix as are the Canadiens. I like the Vancouver colors though.
Very good post. I've always liked the Packers uniform - home and away - while not pulling for the team - partly because both home and away uniforms feature color contrast between the jerseys and the pants in a way that complements rather than clashes. As for the Ohio State uniform, I'm not as enamored of them as a whole but I like the big numbers on the jerseys. Most college teams now - including us - have jersey numbers that just aren't large enough. I wish we would fix that.

Dodgers unis are best in MLB. And I'm a Braves fan.

ABSOLUTELY they are. :D
I look damn good in Dodger Blue.
I very much agree with this. They are simple; they are distinctive; the blue is exactly the right shade; the script writing on the blouses is perfect. As for the team, I feel the same about them as I feel about the Colts: once they left their former localities, they were dead to me.

Reactions: SCexpat38
NHL

Personal:
Old Hartford Whalers (Hurricanes Throwback)
BEST LOGO IN SPORTS HISTORY
1738050_Bruins_Hurricanes_Hockey_46-1024x749.jpg

Iconic:
Toronto

Of course my Lightning mixed the Red Wings design with the Maple Leafs colors and look similar. But will never look as sharp as Toronto.

The Hartford logo is the best logo in sports history. I’m sure most know by now, but there is an “H” in the middle of the logo. Obviously the W for Whalers and then the tail. Genius!

And I can say this about hockey...it’s the only sport in America where it’s completely acceptable to wear a jersey, even as a grown man. Mainly because it’s cold inside the arena. Typically most wont have name and number on the back...but it’s always amazing to see the percentage of fans that wear the sweaters...and your always sure to find a few funny ones like a Griswold Blackhawks jersey or a Bombay Mighty Ducks one.

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
I've also always kinda liked Dartmouth's unis from the Ivy league.Just hollers old school.

Jack_Traynor3_Colu17_MW.jpg

Reactions: Carolina4
I'm more of a traditionalist. I've always liked Penn State's no-nonsense uniforms. I also like the Boston Celtics' spartan uniforms, especially the traditional all-white home uniforms. There's something cool about ignoring the trendy glitz and glamour and just going out there and pounding somebody. Kind of reminds me of Mike Tyson in his prime. No big pyrotechnic display or flashy robe with tassles or anything else. Just black shoes, black trunks, and a white towel with a slit cut in it so it'll go over his head. You didn't watch to see a "show." You watched to see somebody get knocked the f-out.

Reactions: SCexpat38
h7oo2jtwp5puvrtw7clt

This should be a separate thread. Best pro sports cheerleading uniforms.

I beg to differ. Cheerleading is definitely a sport. This one just happens to be a professional, just like some of the pro football uniforms in this thread...

Are you telling me these cheerleaders won't make you root harder??

Raiders black uniforms in the NFL Penn State's navy uniforms in college. Celtics (white or green) in the NBA. Bruins in the NHL. For some reason I've always liked the Giants off white uniforms in baseball. Only uniforms that have orange in it that I like

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT