ADVERTISEMENT

OT: feelin' old

I was just playing a Cars album and decided to google Ric Ocasek - he will be 69 years old next month. $hit.
Go to Youtube and watch the Just what I needed video at the Midnight Special. Larry Gatlin (!) introduces them. And I would recommend Cheap Trick's live version of Surrender. That drummer was a boss.

Reactions: NetworkX
Go to Youtube and watch the Just what I needed video at the Midnight Special. Larry Gatlin (!) introduces them. And I would recommend Cheap Trick's live version of Surrender. That drummer was a boss.
Mommy's all right
Daddy's all right
They just seem a little weird
Surrender
Surrender
But don't give yourself away
Hey, heeeeeey

Man that tune reminds me of just how much I had it made as an adolescent!! LOL!!!

Is Ric Ocasek still married to that model? She was fine from what I recall. Foreign, very pretty.

Yep, a lot of the classic rock dudes are old or dying off.
It seems rock itself is dying off. The category was left off the last Grammy broadcast. The rock awards were given, but off camera. Said Grammys have become a dance contest. I recently hear hip hop had displaced rock as the top genre.

Reactions: autocock
Mommy's all right
Daddy's all right
They just seem a little weird
Surrender
Surrender
But don't give yourself away
Hey, heeeeeey

Man that tune reminds me of just how much I had it made as an adolescent!! LOL!!!
I always liked Cheap Trick. They really rocked but they maintained a little silliness that kept me from loving them. I guess I like my rock with a little mean edge. But now as the wife and I listen to the 80's satellite radio channel, I long for the days when guitar solos were common. Even metal bands have abandoned the solo. And when's the last time you heard saxophone outside of a HS band?

And here I was thinking Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, REM, U2 & Collective Soul was the new stuff, and that's around 25 years ago.

I was dumbfounded when I realized In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins was released 36 years ago. Wow.

Reactions: roosterfan3
I was just playing a Cars album and decided to google Ric Ocasek - he will be 69 years old next month. $hit.

My brother-in-law used to mix sound for bands like the Cars when he was struggling young sound mixer, but he sets up earnings calls around the world for all these fortune 500 companies... Great gig...

And here I was thinking Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, REM, U2 & Collective Soul was the new stuff, and that's around 25 years ago.

I was dumbfounded when I realized In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins was released 36 years ago. Wow.
Metallica and Motley Crue are on the classic rock stations now.

I always liked Cheap Trick. They really rocked but they maintained a little silliness that kept me from loving them. I guess I like my rock with a little mean edge. But now as the wife and I listen to the 80's satellite radio channel, I long for the days when guitar solos were common. Even metal bands have abandoned the solo. And when's the last time you heard saxophone outside of a HS band?
Last Saxaphone that I've heard off if decent tune was on "Who can it be now" from the popular Australian group that I cannot even recall the name of without Google'n it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheReelEss
Nobody in the solar system is as old as this dude

keith-richards-story_647_091115101627_091715113506.jpg

My brother-in-law used to mix sound for bands like the Cars when he was struggling young sound mixer, but he sets up earnings calls around the world for all these fortune 500 companies... Great gig...
You may be able to tell me if this is true or not, but I remember hearing or reading that the Cars mixed at least one of their albums through a set of Jenson speakers so it would sound best through the speakers in their fan's vehicles.

You may be able to tell me if this is true or not, but I remember hearing or reading that the Cars mixed at least one of their albums through a set of Jenson speakers so it would sound best through the speakers in their fan's vehicles.

One can obtain orgasm by listening to this with Bose headphones.

How so? In theory time would have begun with year 0 and after twelve months it would have hit year 1. Same with birthdays. Just saying.
You wouldn't start with year zero. You'd start with January 1, year one. Even though you wouldn't be a year old until the end of that year, after your birthday you'd start on year 2. The 2nd millennia ended at the end of 2000 and the current one started Jan 1, 2001. And the first college football game of this millenium was won by the Gamecocks.

Reactions: bayrooster
You wouldn't start with year zero. You'd start with January 1, year one. Even though you wouldn't be a year old until the end of that year, after your birthday you'd start on year 2. The 2nd millennia ended at the end of 2000 and the current one started Jan 1, 2001. And the first college football game of this millenium was won by the Gamecocks.

When one is born you are not 1 until you have lived 12 months.
So, by that reasoning time began on 1/1/0000. The century ended on 12/31/0099. The first millennium ended 12/31/0999. The second millennium was 1/1/1000-12/31/1999. That's 1000 complete years.

The Cars are being inducted into the RR Hall of Fame this year. I'm sad that Benjamin Orr isn't around to see it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT