ADVERTISEMENT

Out of the top 20....

The nellies rejoice....
negative_nellie_oleson.jpg

Would have meant more without the new transfer portal.

The usual recruiting rankings just don't mean the same without adjusting for that.

That being said, I can see how that result would be disappointing.
I mean, when half the instate players wouldn't talk to our coaches, I felt this would be a rough one. We're addressing needs but we need to start winning some instate battles next two years to get where we want to be but a hitch on the rebuild first signing class won't hurt, especially with the transfers we just got. If we get shut out of the top 5 in state next year, I'm starting to worry.

Well anyone based in reality knew we were going to fall. Just a cursory glance at the rankings foretold that. Plenty of teams below us had like 6 or 7 fewer recruits.
And there are several programs behind us right now still in the same boat who will probably pass us.

• Haha
Reactions: kidrobinski
About where I expected and where SC usually finishes. Have to give Beamer some credit for the two Okla. transfers, but he already had a connection there. Wasn't a huge surprise about the tight end, but Rattler was a pleasant surprise. Got a chance to win another game maybe. See if Beamer can finish strong with a winning season. Reality will set in for the sunshine pampers sooner or later. Their expectations and any good news for SC are usually an over reaction.

It’s hard to get a lot of recruiting wins with the offense we watched last year. If we aren’t 115 in offense next season it will make things easier. You get one shot to recruit on what could happen and that was in 2020. Beamer was behind the 8 ball last year being able to do that so now he’s recruiting based on the product on the field which isn’t a great picture.

Beamer’s connected and a strong recruiter in his own right, but he’s not the sort of big name coach that can go toe to toe on a big time recruit and win. Muschamp was closer to being that guy, particularly on the defensive side of the ball as someone who was very successful as a coordinator and put a ton of guys in the NFL. Spurrier’s name alone was a recruiting boon.

Beamer is going to have to keep working, win games with what players he can get, and put guys in the league. Build his reputation as both a players coach and someone who can win. The support system obviously needs to step up the NIL game as well.

High floor, but low ceiling class. Need to hit the portal to find guys who want to play with Rattler. A new OC would help.

Beamer has better facilities than any coach before him...don't forget that. We were in bad shape when Spurrier took over.

Reactions: rogue cock
I mean, when half the instate players wouldn't talk to our coaches, I felt this would be a rough one. We're addressing needs but we need to start winning some instate battles next two years to get where we want to be but a hitch on the rebuild first signing class won't hurt, especially with the transfers we just got. If we get shut out of the top 5 in state next year, I'm starting to worry.
Is this true that half the in state players wouldn’t even talk to our staff? Why is this the case? I thought Beamer was making headway with the coaches in state and rebuilding relationships etc so this is surprising to me.

Is this true that half the in state players wouldn’t even talk to our staff? Why is this the case? I thought Beamer was making headway with the coaches in state and rebuilding relationships etc so this is surprising to me.
We are, but it's been well known that Randall wouldn't, Sneed didn't until late in the season and Lukus didn't. We aren't having any trouble with next year.

If we finish anywhere under 30, our recruiting ranking will have far exceeded our performance ranking this year. A better performance in 2022 should yield better recruiting for the next year, which should yield better performance in 2023, and so on and so on. One builds on the other.

Reactions: Stubbytwo
It sure isn’t hard to tell who the house taters are around here. Truly pathetic.
I truly think they get paid per post by dablo. Do you ever notice they dominate threads like this. You know that you never see them in the thread when something good happens.

Reactions: mcbear30
...and you were the guy who promised we'd finish closer to Coastal than the taters.

You're a disaster.
Right now Clemson has 9 four and 5 star players. We have 4. Coastal has zero.

So we are closer to coastal than Clemson 😳

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT