ADVERTISEMENT

Please burn the black jerseys and black helmets. Never again.

We’ve had awful luck in black since Coach Morrison died. We need to leave it alone.

Not the reason for today. But just bad luck.

I prefer the unis simple, like Allbarn does. White helmet, jerseys, and pants for road games, and white helmet, blue jerseys, white pants for home games. Substitute the garnet shirt, and we're good, IMO.

+1 not sure why we're talking unis but what the heck - my only concern/complaint is when you flashforward 10 years and start looking back at highlights, you're going to see Clowney's hit forever, then maybe you'll see a clip from this game. UM is immediately recognizable. We won't even look like the same team.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Thrilled that we won the Outback Bowl today wearing the black helmets and jerseys. However, I would have preferred wearing the garnet helmets with the black jerseys instead. The dual color combination is way sharper. No sense in wearing the black helmets considering that Michigan's helmet color is blue. Painful to the eyes.

they can wear fig leaves, who cares....how we dress has nothing to do with the outcome....some of you are too superstitious

Reactions: NCGamcockFan2167
The only real issue I have is those flat black helmets. I wish they were a glossy black which I think are much nicer looking.

Bush league. Rate them right up there with the camo jerseys vs LSU a few years ago.

tenor.gif

gamecockcamo2.jpg

The JERSEY was nice. The camo pants and undershirt were not.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Of the 4 playoff teams:

Clemson
Alabama
Oklahoma
Georgia

Who uses as many uniform combinations as we do? Georgia tried the black and that did not turn out well, did it? Why? Because its not their brand, not their identity. Why doesn't Alabama, Penn State, or even Clemson change their uniforms every game? The players must want it too, huh? These teams are pretty much stable, year after year. When recruits close their eyes and imagine playing for a team, they know exactly who these teams are. Kids don't know who we are, because we don't. Black has not and will NOT ever be the primary color of USC, no matter who thinks its may be cool. It doesn't represent the University. GARNET represents The University of South Carolina. When you go down that road of being stylish, you risk throwing your identity away. I still cringe when I think about those shiny chicken helmets from Sean Elliott. :)

Of the 4 playoff teams:

Clemson
Alabama
Oklahoma
Georgia

Who uses as many uniform combinations as we do? Georgia tried the black and that did not turn out well, did it? Why? Because its not their brand, not their identity. Why doesn't Alabama, Penn State, or even Clemson change their uniforms every game? The players must want it too, huh? These teams are pretty much stable, year after year. When recruits close their eyes and imagine playing for a team, they know exactly who these teams are. Kids don't know who we are, because we don't. Black has not and will NOT ever be the primary color of USC, no matter who thinks its may be cool. It doesn't represent the University. GARNET represents The University of South Carolina. When you go down that road of being stylish, you risk throwing your identity away. I still cringe when I think about those shiny chicken helmets from Sean Elliott. :)
Black has ALWAYS been one of our two primary colors. Our colors are garnet and black. Black has been used as a primary color for decades.

looked good...

the all black is very vandy, weak florist & mizzouzilla
And everybody else in the world. I do agree that multiple unis trend seems to be a motivational tactic for teams that aren't that good. I'd rather see them in a standard uni, winning than in all black losing. But as long as we win, I don't care if they wear a combo of pink and lavender.

It’s all personal preference- but the players dig it so I’m good with the black helmets. Good change of pace I guess- but I still prefer garnet/white as primary uni-color combo. But that’s just me. We won-so that’s all that matters.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Sorry, no crow here. The uni's don't determine the way the guys play. Win, lose, or draw, the black uni's are bush league. USC is GARNET!!! Just like Clemson wearing their Barney purple uniforms. Hope we never wear those uniforms again. Just IMHO.
You do realize that our official colors are Garnet AND Black?
Also, I don't recall people being so anti-black during the 80s and the Black Magic days.

Have y'all noticed how Muschamp wears 100% black every single game? He seems to like that color.

I like the thing him and TRob have going on where CWM is always black and TR is always garnet

Have y'all noticed how Muschamp wears 100% black every single game? He seems to like that color.

I like the thing him and TRob have going on where CWM is always black and TR is always garnet

TRob is always black too. Just saying....

gamecockcamo2.jpg

these were the worst ever

we were ranked #3 and played in prime time on espn in baton rouge

a real opportunity to show our brand to a national audience on 10/13/12

maybe get the attention of some top recruits

and we showed up in these ugly ass clown pajamas with white lids

they looked much worse in person; it was an embarrassment

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT