ADVERTISEMENT

Pumper Logic Explained

Yep, it was my reading comprehension that made you think Prunty and a healthy Doty would lead us to 9 wins. Have a good evening.
You don't think two top 40 CBs in CFB make a difference to this point? I'll admit that I didn't think the OL would be worse than last year but that's the only position group that's playing worse than last year. So again, what was your expectation in year one with all we lost from a two win team?

Edit: and I get you think you're cute, but you know I meant my 7 win prediction. You're not really participating in the argument if you trustt everything to try to be cute. I know a lot of comedians, like actual ones, real witty comebacks aren't disengenuous.

Last edited:
Kentucky is not that great a team, but you still lost by less than a TD and they aren't some 1-6 team. That just isn't the game to destroy your fan card on.

It is because everyone was hoping that Beamer would pull an upset in his first year. It was the realization we are headed to 4-8.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I don’t get why pumpers get so worked up about fans who criticize university leadership who continuously fails to build a competitive football program. No one is preventing them from enjoying the games and patting everyone on he back, win or lose, as if the Gamecocks are some youth church league.

Beamer Preseason: Get in the boat, get excited, we're going bowling this year! First year coach with unknown coordinators? Don't ask questions, just blindly follow. Little Shane's energy will push us through and he REALLY wants to be in Columbia!

Ugly win at ECU: A win is a win, the offense will figure it out. Satterfield is a mix of Riley and Joe Brady, what can go wrong?

Barely escape Vandy: Well what did you idiots expect? This team would go 0-12 with Muschamp, 4 wins is better than 2 wins last year. Ignore the all SEC schedule last year, doesn't matter. Little Shane needs 5 years to turn this around.

End of Season 1: 1-7 in the SEC isn't a shock, Little Shane needs 10 years to turn this around. We knew this team was terrible, Satterfield is the only thing holding us back. He deceived little Shane, can't blame him. Shane can't call plays, he was confused on what to look for in an OC.
Ha! Ha! But so accurate!

This isn’t the age of the CEO head coach. Shane Beamer ain’t dabo swinney and he damn sure ain’t no Bobby Bowden. 99% of college HCs have a side of the ball they’re experts on and come from...and they are always still involved behind the scenes with that side.
Another ridiculous post.

It is because everyone was hoping that Beamer would pull an upset in his first year. It was the realization we are headed to 4-8.
Everyone with a brain knew this was going to be a very bad season. Now that it has been exactly as predicted, the pitchfork patties are in an uproar.🙄

So wanting the school to do its due diligence and hire the best candidate and then actually win is a bad thing? We should just close our eyes and cheer and blindly give? Like it or not its business now.

No, it’s not a bad thing to expect some level of competency from the school. That’s not what the OP was talking about though. He was criticizing people that were happy with wins, or who wanted to support Beamer after he was hired simply because he’s the coach and we want the team to do well.

Last edited:
The losses =
UK,
1. coaching decisions to leave points on the field.
2. continued run plays between-1 and +2 yards.
3. see #1
UghA,
Doors blown off in every phase
Rocky Bottom =
1. Defense didn’t adjust till we surrendered 4 scores & despite pressure their QB Houdini-d us about 8 times and we didn’t have solid over the top coverage
2. Offense wakes up too late
3. Crazy play calling

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
You have zero self-awareness. How many times can pumpers put their hands over their ears and yell Tater? So predictable and you call me repetitive, LOL.

You aren’t helping, you are enabling failure. This is why USC Alumni/fans get the worst ROI of any power 5 fanbase in the country. No fanbase supports more and has less to show for it than us.

Argue that Mr. status quo.
What does ROI stand for? I’m older and slower.

I don’t get why pumpers get so worked up about fans who criticize university leadership who continuously fails to build a competitive football program. No one is preventing them from enjoying the games and patting everyone on he back, win or lose, as if the Gamecocks are some youth church league.
THIS!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^

Another ridiculous post.

Another ridiculous post.
LMAO...it very literally isn't. We have the one guy who doesn't have an "expertise" side of the ball to lean on. Name me any college coach...go look it up. He was an offensive or defensive guy for a large part of his career. A lot of them...both sides....BUT ALWAYS (except for one that I know about) they had at least one side they are very familiar with gameplanning on, recruiting for, philosophy and conceptual (from paper to field) being involved in.

An upset is winning a game you don't expect to. Even Muschamp beat Georgia when no one thought it possible. Beating A&M, Missouri or Auburn is not that much more difficult than Kentucky. Even Clemson looks beatable this year.

Reactions: GridironGunslinger
An upset is winning a game you don't expect to. Even Muschamp beat Georgia when no one thought it possible. Beating A&M, Missouri or Auburn is not that much more difficult than Kentucky. Even Clemson looks beatable this year.
You’re dancing around the issue.

If Beamer can’t pull an upset, he may be a worse coach than Muschamp.

Is it unfair to ask a coach to improve the situation?

If we're looking at another 4-8 season next year, is it ok because that's what we are predicting?
Our defense and ST have already improved. Offense is going to take longer. Maybe, just maybe our OL lacks a leader and that’s why we took a step backwards. It also doesnt help to have our 3rd OC in 3 years.

Our defense and ST have already improved. Offense is going to take longer. Maybe, just maybe our OL lacks a leader and that’s why we took a step backwards. It also doesnt help to have our 3rd OC in 3 years.
Our defense hasn’t improved. We just front loaded the terrible offenses. Each week our defensive ranking will get worse and worse as we start playing the better teams on the schedule.

We might luck out with Clemson being terrible this year to help mask our insufficiency.

Everyone with a brain knew this was going to be a very bad season. Now that it has been exactly as predicted, the pitchfork patties are in an uproar.🙄
It’s not that the season is bad, it’s that there is absolutely no improvement anywhere in the first 7 games. When you commit 8+ penalties a game, that gets old very fast. When you look lost on offense every single week, that gets old. Not only has offense been hard to watch, but now our defense is starting to fall apart (tons of busted coverages, big plays and poor tackling against Vandy).

Our defense hasn’t improved. We just front loaded the terrible offenses. Each week our defensive ranking will get worse and worse as we start playing the better teams on the schedule.

We might luck out with Clemson being terrible this year to help mask our insufficiency.
How many TO’s did our defense generate last year or the year before? We have probably already exceeded the two years combined.

LMAO...it very literally isn't. We have the one guy who doesn't have an "expertise" side of the ball to lean on. Name me any college coach...go look it up. He was an offensive or defensive guy for a large part of his career. A lot of them...both sides....BUT ALWAYS (except for one that I know about) they had at least one side they are very familiar with gameplanning on, recruiting for, philosophy and conceptual (from paper to field) being involved in.
Yes, yes it is. You are always trolling.

Hey, if you want to blame anyone, blame Spurrier. He taught us to quit clapping for moral victories so we did and now we don’t accept them. You can’t have it both ways. Beamer needed that win badly, an upset in his first years gets him all the fan loyalty he can stand.
Don't clap for losses or moral victories. But don't stop being a fan just because of a loss or even a losing season. It certainly shouldn't be the reason that he "lost the fans for the rest of the year with that game" when it is a close loss to a reasonably good team.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I'd like to see him have a couple of recruiting cycles. He gets a pass on this season, even though he doesn't need it. He has done fine considering the situation. Another two wins, and I'll be ecstatic, for now.

He hasn't had a full recruiting cycle yet, so at least a couple years. He hasn't even been in Columbia a full year yet.
We are less than 2 months from from his first real signing day so we have a pretty good idea of his recruiting at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT