ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Tanner confirmed back for 2020 along with Muschamp

I don't see the next AD appointed being a wishywashy to the point of using a year to evaluate type person. No, 6-6 or not, someone is gonna come in blazing.

You think so? I'd think that USC would be looking for a person that comes in and is very deliberative and makes careful well though out decisions, but isn't afraid of where that leads. Walking through the door and firing people is no way to run a railroad. I agree that Boom needs to go, but a new football HC will be THE single most important decision that the new AD will make.

That's not something you want on your plate before you even unpack.

Reactions: Wiles2
I am just as disappointed as everyone else is on the season going South, but my goodness, cut the guy some slack. We have been without our senior starting QB since game 1, the backup QB is a true freshman that has been banged up, and the 3rd string QB has been injured. Also, there were key injuries at RB, WR, and elsewhere. Throw in an incredibly tough schedule and it’s hard to see how any coach we could reasonably have hired over Muschamp would have done better under these circumstances.
It was app freaking state not Alabama the tough schedule can't be used for this game. Yes app is good but we are in the SEC our backups SHOULD be better than their starters and our coaches definitely should be better period.

Something wrong with that?

I have you down with the following:

UF, UGA, Clemson, A&M, and LSU as probable losses.

Tenn, Mizzou, and Ky as tossups.

Vandy, Coastal, ECU, and Woffard and probable wins.

I figure the chances of winning one you shouldn't will balance out a WTF game (see this year App State (and UNC I suppose) canceling out the UGA win).

Mizzou will be worse you have them at home and I think you win at KY. I'd give the advantage to Tenn even though they will come to WB.

That's 6-6.
You are being optimistic, at best 5-7 next year and a better than 50% chance we go 4-8, a repeat of this year's record.

I figure the chances of winning one you shouldn't will balance out a WTF game (see this year App State (and UNC I suppose) canceling out the UGA win).

Mizzou will be worse you have them at home and I think you win at KY. I'd give the advantage to Tenn even though they will come to WB.

That's 6-6.
No way we sniff 6-6 next year. Our D line will be worse and all the SEC teams will be better. I think 4-8 at best and possible 3-9. I think we beat Vandy but there is a possibility we lose to ECU.

Something that just hit me. Recruits are smart enough to know Muschump isn't going to turn around this program. They know he's most likely gone, so wouldn't us keeping Muschump for another season hurt us in recruiting?

he didn’t choose weiss. not sure if he chose his first oc at uf or if he was retained from meyers staff.
I see this lie is still hanging around for a few. Nobody forced Will to do anything and his record for hiring OC’s for the past 8 years should prove he can’t make the right choice. He was friends with Charlie prior to him hiring him. He also had Weis son lined up to go to Texas while he was the DC to be on his coaching staff. When Will took the UF job Charlie’s son followed him there and dad was brought in by Will. Will said he wanted a proven OC with both major college experience and NFL experience.

And I said if there were no changes come Monday that I'm done. I'm burning my Gamecock gear, luckily I don't have much, and I'm moving on from this disastrous program.

So, it's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun. I'm out.

No one is more disappointed at this news than Will Muschamp.

Couch money might have to have to wait another year, Will.
Well, from a win-loss standpoint, we didn't pay WM but $1,000,000 per win this year.

Imagine that - do shittier and get paid more per win. Maybe he'll shoot for 2-10 next year.

And I said if there were no changes come Monday that I'm done. I'm burning my Gamecock gear, luckily I don't have much, and I'm moving on from this disastrous program.

So much immaturity on message boards

I feel like our BOT is made up of Clemson, Florida, UGA and Tennessee alumni. App St will probably represent us now along with A&M and Arky. Who is making the decisions for this university. Would be the same if Putin was our president.

You are exactly right! One of the board of trustees is Burroughs who is one of the fat heads in Myrtle Beach that tore down the Pavilion to build a zipline. The board is where all of this failure starts!

Reactions: Expro19

That's 6-6.
That's enough for a raise and contract extension.

Well, from a win-loss standpoint, we didn't pay WM but $1,000,000 per win this year.

Imagine that - do shittier and get paid more per win. Maybe he'll shoot for 2-10 next year.

True. And don't forgot about his additional 175k bonus this year. What is that about?

Reactions: Sumptacock
This decision proves that the fans are worth nothing, and completely meaningless.
USC SUPPOSE TO BE THE FLAGSHIP COLLAGE OF THE STATE, IT MIGHT BE BUT WE HAVE A BUNCH OF SORRY ASS PEOPLE RUNNING IT, ALL THEY WANT FROM THE FANS IS THERE MONEY TO PAY ,THAT BUNCH OF SORRY ASS COACHING STAFF, AND RAY TANNER, WE NEED TO CLEAN HOUSE WITH THAT BUNCH, STOP THE MONEY AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS,WE NEED PEOPLE THAT WANTS TO WIN, NOT LOOSE , WHAT ARE THE FANS GETTING FOR THERE MONEY, NOTHING AND WE SHOULD BE GETTING BETTER, NOT WORSE.

USC SUPPOSE TO BE THE FLAGSHIP COLLAGE OF THE STATE, IT MIGHT BE BUT WE HAVE A BUNCH OF SORRY ASS PEOPLE RUNNING IT, ALL THEY WANT FROM THE FANS IS THERE MONEY TO PAY ,THAT BUNCH OF SORRY ASS COACHING STAFF, AND RAY TANNER, WE NEED TO CLEAN HOUSE WITH THAT BUNCH, STOP THE MONEY AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS,WE NEED PEOPLE THAT WANTS TO WIN, NOT LOOSE , WHAT ARE THE FANS GETTING FOR THERE MONEY, NOTHING AND WE SHOULD BE GETTING BETTER, NOT WORSE.
Please don't tell me you are a USC graduate....with an English major

All I can say to this is, you're the reason I, as a teacher, am having to take a course called Read to Succeed, which is designed to help me teach high school students how to read and write better.

The only say I have...will not watch any games next year....other than that, I dont spend a dime on the program

Reactions: Goose cock

Maybe you could give it to Goodwill instead?

I don't believe any of these statements until the season is over. 2 bad losses and this may all be forgotten. Barring miracles, Muschamp is going eventually get fired.

Well, I know I'm biased and don't want Muschamp and Tanner to get fired.

BUT.

1. From the outside looking in, Boomboom came into the season with more wins for USC in 3 years than any other coach ever. Now I get that you can make some excuses on this, but the bottom line is that he (not Spurrier) is in the record books for that.

2. Add in that USC has among the hardest (if not THE HARDEST) schedule in the country. I don't know ANYONE that wasn't a cock fan that thought this team had a ceiling above 7-5. I predicted 6-6 with a really good chance to go 5-7. But I wouldn't have been shocked at 7-5 either.

3. Finally, your 4 year starter at QB that everyone had hopes was going to be a real weapon for you goes down for the season in the 1st game. You had to replace him with a true freshman that had never taken a college snap.

And you end up going (probably) 4-8. I simply don't think that your results merit firing your record setting coach.

He doesn't deserve slack, he is being compensated a million bucks for every win this season, and you say cut him some slack!!
Really hurts when you look at it like that! Wow this dude is a genius for real. If he could coach half as good as he cons we would be in the playoffs!

BUT.

1. From the outside looking in, Boomboom came into the season with more wins for USC in 3 years than any other coach ever. Now I get that you can make some excuses on this, but the bottom line is that he (not Spurrier) is in the record books for that.

2. Add in that USC has among the hardest (if not THE HARDEST) schedule in the country. I don't know ANYONE that wasn't a cock fan that thought this team had a ceiling above 7-5. I predicted 6-6 with a really good chance to go 5-7. But I wouldn't have been shocked at 7-5 either.

3. Finally, your 4 year starter at QB that everyone had hopes was going to be a real weapon for you goes down for the season in the 1st game. You had to replace him with a true freshman that had never taken a college snap.

And you end up going (probably) 4-8. I simply don't think that your results merit firing your record setting coach.
If you’re in the market I have some ocean front property in Arizona.

BUT.

Not one coach in South Carolina's history has had more losses in 4 years than Muschamp will have. Not to mention the trend is 9-3, 7-6, 4-8. He's setting records alright, for losing. He deserves to be fired.

It's one thing to not pay recruits or not feed them PEDs. But when you refuse to hire a competent coach you have zero chance to compete. Enjoy.

weak.

Muschamp was fired at Florida because his offenses were often unprepared and overwhelmed. Because his offensive play calling was predictable and conservative. Because his offenses often struggled to execute even the most basic plays. Because his offenses didn’t score points.

He was fired because his defenses would collapse at key moments. Because his defenses struggled on third down and gave up explosive plays to good teams.

He was fired because his teams lacked depth and were often dealing with injury problems. Because he struggled to manage game situations and timeouts. Because he played favorites and continued to play guys who struggled and should have been benched.

Forget the record, nothing has changed with him. There was a glimmer of hope last year with the offense, but that’s gone. He’s just a mediocre to poor head coach. That is who he is.

Now we can please move on from this senseless, damaging, fire Muschamp drivel? Get behind our coach and team. They need our support!
You get behind your coach.I'll get behind the team which deserves better than Muschamp by refraining from giving any money to the University and by not attending a single game until both Tanner and Muschamp's sorry asses are fired.What is senseless and damaging is embracing the mediocre shitshow being displayed on the field week after week!

Our fans won't do what Arkansas fans just did, put 40k in there......Kentucky did the same thing to get rid of Joker.

Nope we play sandstorm post selfies to Instagram and leave at halftime and hope they eventually start winning

Being a GC fan is for the most part an unrewardable hobby. Am trying to make myself give it up.
Have a lot of will power. Quit smoking and lost weight at same time. Quit drinking.

I should be able to do this and just peep at the GC FB scores. Will talk to myself about it and try hard.

Have been an avid fan since Dietzel and as all you know nothing really has changed except Clemson is in the same "small state" as us but is setting the FB world on fire. Back when Paul "retired" I still had hope and believed that the Yellow Brick Road was just a HFBC hire away.

Don't believe USC will ever repay the fans who have given money, emotional support, tears, etc. If we had any sense this would have ended decades ago but here we are once again holding out false hope that the ship will be righted. It won't. There is no coach in shining armor to take GC fans to the promised land.

Being a GC fan is for the most part an unrewardable hobby. Am trying to make myself give it up.
Have a lot of will power. Quit smoking and lost weight at same time. Quit drinking.

I should be able to do this and just peep at the GC FB scores. Will talk to myself about it and try hard.

Have been an avid fan since Dietzel and as all you know nothing really has changed except Clemson is in the same "small state" as us but is setting the FB world on fire. Back when Paul "retired" I still had hope and believed that the Yellow Brick Road was just a HFBC hire away.

Don't believe USC will ever repay the fans who have given money, emotional support, tears, etc. If we had any sense this would have ended decades ago but here we are once again holding out false hope that the ship will be righted. It won't. There is no coach in shining armor to take GC fans to the promised land.
It is depressing, the higher ups don't care about the fans or alumni, there is nothing we can do.

Ok so since my Wife is an LSU Alum here’s the question ...... Since she got my last name and half my S$@t can I be an LSU fan by marriage. At least a fan in law . Please

Reactions: howard13
Holy commas Batman!o_O

Reactions: howard13

BUT.

Dude it's not that we are losing.... It's how we look when we are losing..... We look so bad .... If we were halfway competitive and losing, I think most would understand... We are not close to that, unfortunately

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter

BUT.

You are an idiot. He is not in the record books. Nobody keeps up with who had the best record after year 1, 2, 3, etc.
Very many colleges, including Clemson, don’t have a problem starting freshman QB.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT