ADVERTISEMENT

ROLL CALL: High School attended and year graduated.

Thanks, Freddie!! Had to have been the same one!! The Ministry thing...I believe it was just a comment in passing by someone who had their names crossed up!! Should not have added that info!! Thanks again & sorry to hear that Barry had passed away!!

I believe it was the same Barry Sears, it almost had to be because the way you described him fit Barry that I knew to a tee, except the ministry part. LOL! Yeah, I was sorry to hear about Barry. The last time I saw Barry was in 1973. I always like him, in fact, I rode to school with him when I was a junior and he was a senior at Parker.

Last edited:
Middleton High School 88- Home of Darius Rucker
No, COE I'm not sure where he worked after high school. We got separated after we both graduated and I only saw him one time after high school when we accidently ran into each other at the mall.
Freddie, you may have known my sister who finished Parker in 1962. (Bettye Wells)

Denmark High 1940.....lol. Really, Manchester HS (Richmond VA) 1991. Denny Hamlin went there long after me

The name sounds familiar but I can't place him. I'm going to have to get my old high school annuals out and see if I can recognize some of the people being discussed.

He lived down the street from me. He was at Parker before me. He played football. Don't know what kind of player he was.

Reactions: Brucifer
He lived down the street from me. He was at Parker before me. He played football. Don't know what kind of player he was.

Like I said, I will have to look him up in my annual. They are down in the basement and I'm going to have to go dig them up.

So, many people I have lost track of except my very closest friends. Because I have never been to any of the reunions and I haven't lived in Greenville for almost 43 years.

Seneca High School 1973 - Bobcats played with Bennie Cunningham - Clemson, Steve Young - Carolina kick off and holder, Rodney lanning - Citadel uncle of Spencer Lanning.
I was at Carolina with Sunshine , Ron Bass

Reactions: Jpcooper and uofsc
Rock Hill High School Bearcats 1970.

Runner up to Gary West for getting thrown out of Miss Stowe's English class. And I done good in their. Reel good.

Reactions: Jpcooper
Anyone on here go to Oakway High? My roommate at Carolina was Thomas Highsmith whose dad was the principal at Oakway before he retired? They combined the school with Westminster and became...West-Oak High School up in Oconee County.....

Where are the West-Oak, Walhalla, Tamasee-Salem, and Seneca folks? And Easley, Pickens, Daniel?

Middleton High School 88- Home of Darius Rucker
I was a Middleton High School Razorback, too. Class of '91. Had a brother that was class of '84 and another class of '86 (or was it '85 and '87???). Middleton no longer exists. Along with St. Andrews, they became West Ashley High.

Anyone on here go to Oakway High? My roommate at Carolina was Thomas Highsmith whose dad was the principal at Oakway before he retired? They combined the school with Westminster and became...West-Oak High School up in Oconee County.....

Where are the West-Oak, Walhalla, Tamasee-Salem, and Seneca folks? And Easley, Pickens, Daniel?

Two posts above.

I miss that game big time. I grew up hating Greenville HS and I think the football rivalry thing carried over to the Carolina - quempsum game. I either love a rival school or hate them. LOL!

Same here. Hated to lose to the red and white. Loved decorating the cars with purple and gold on the day of the game.

Reactions: Brucifer
Lower Richland, Class of 2000.

Father and Mother.....Carver High Class of 1966.

Sister....Dreher, Class of 1986.

Reactions: pepsicock
Mike Fair was a helluva football player. I graduated with his sister, Linda. I grew up in Sans Souci, not far from Montis Drive.
I graduated with Linda also. Linda and Mike were completely different. Mike Fair was the best athlete ever at Parker. His freshman year at Carolina he played football, basketball and baseball. The other years it was football (QB) and baseball. He was a back up QB in the NFL for a couple of years. He told me one time that the hardest he got hit in the NFL was by a snowball in Buffalo.

Hey, we were the rich kids at Parker because we didn't grow up in the mill villages. LOL

Last edited:
I was a Middleton High School Razorback, too. Class of '91. Had a brother that was class of '84 and another class of '86 (or was it '85 and '87???). Middleton no longer exists. Along with St. Andrews, they became West Ashley High.
My son and daughter graduated from Middleton in '92 and '93.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT