ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Question: Will Clemson attempt to run up the score against us?

Christian Wilkins throws the pass. lol

I will say, I think if there is a chance, Dabo will score as much as he can and try to embarrass S.C. it’s a rivalry game so you never know though.
Oh I definitely think there will be packages for Wilkins, Lawrence, Hyatt, Bryant and the other one that cane back. They may not be directly scoring but the guys that cane back will probably do something. I don’t think he will keep the starters in though 1) you don’t want them injured with so much more at stake 2) valuable real time playing experience.. isn’t about half the team graduates, seniors or possible some juniors going to the draft.

I have no doubt if the game is in their hands they will try to get Will Swinney a score. They’ve tried the last two weeks and he got one this past weekend. It’s the ultimate insult.

That’ll be how they stick it to us this year. Not necessarily running it up, but doing things that are embarrassing.

As others have said, we’re not important enough for them to intentionally run up the score. They’re trying to stay fresh and win a national championship. It’ll be 35-7 at half and they’ll call off the dogs.

From then on it’ll be up to our defense to stop their 2nd and 3rd stringers from making it an ass-whipping of historic proportions. I just don’t think we’re capable of doing so.

I agree they’ll let coaches kids, defensive players, and probably disabled students come in and score on us to really make it truly humiliating. I’d guess they play every guy on the roster.

I see something like 63-10.

I think that Dabo has a pretty solid track record of playing everybody as early as possible in games. He lets all of the depth chart run the offense pretty much at full speed. He does tend to "slow" down the getting the play calls sent in if the opposing coach has decided to "sit his starting qb, or quit throwing the ball around". There were several games this year that if he had chosen to , he could have easily broken the century mark.

I think they will try and I certainly would if I were them.

I believe they will not slow down or stop regardless of the score or time left in the game and will attempt to make it very obvious that their intention is to embarrass us.
No. Dabo will get a big lead and let everyone play.

I think this year is easily the most hopeless of the last 4 against Clemson including 2015 when we were 3-9 and played them close.

I look for a repeat of 2016. I'll be shocked if they have to punt more than one time on our defense.
I'm breaking my streak in this series. Intentionally not going. Can't justify it in anyway anymore. Knowing I'll be done at halftime like previous years.
I totally agree--I also am not going

Still mad Dabo didn’t do it 2 years ago. I wanted 70 after all the WV remarks.
Running the score up on us 2 years ago would not have erased the fact that WVA beat the crap out of y'all, and earned you guys an eternal place in the BCS play-off era.
Dabo didn't totally disappoint when he uttered the comments "I believe people will be talking about Clemson defense after it's all said and done tonight". He further stated "you can't win a game against a team like WVa when you turn the ball over".

Last edited:
I doubt they will. All though they may not be able to help it. But they have much bigger fish to fry past the game with USC. And while the rivalry is still a big one, it sort of loses it's luster when not competitive. Dabo might run it up if we still ran in a lot of the same recruiting circles, but we aren't with the exception of the few they recruit from in state.
Yes. SC will probably be the second toughest team they play this season.

Running the score up on us 2 years ago would not have erased the fact the WVA beat the crap out of y'all, and earned you guys an eternal place in the BCS play-off era.
Dabo didn't totally disappoint when he uttered the comments "I believe people will be talking about Clemson defense after it's all said and done tonight". He further stated "you can't win a game against a team like WVa when you turn the ball over".

Though it didn’t feel like it at the time, that loss was a blessing in disguise. Knowing how it turned out now, I’d take it 10 out of 10 times.

Reactions: Marionman1973
I don't think Dabo will be classy. He'll probably call timeouts again at the end of the game like two years ago. 63-10

I think they will try and I certainly would if I were them.

I believe they will not slow down or stop regardless of the score or time left in the game and will attempt to make it very obvious that their intention is to embarrass us.

If it were still a Spurrier coached USC team he would for sure run it up however i think Dabo likes Muschamp..

I think Dabo will get that 60 pt cushion and then call the dogs off and sub out for the 2nd half

once they reach the 50's by the 3rd quarter, they'll pull their starters and run 50/50 plays (half pass and half runs) with a final score of 65 - 17.

I’m ashamed our our defense’s performance and they way the behaved when florida was kneeling on the ball. What exactly did I say that wasn’t true? HAVE YOU SEEN OUR RUN DEFENSE THIS SEASON? HAVE YOU SEEN US TACKLE THE PAST 9 GAMES? HAVE YOU SEEN THAT CLEMSON LIKES TO LET THEIR LINEMEN SCORE AS WELL AS WILL SWINNEY? What do you see that we can do that will help us stop it after 9 games? Recruiting won’t help us in 2 weeks.

I’ve supported this $hit show my whole life. I’ll continue to support this team. Calling a performance a giant turd and knowing we are completely outmatched against our rival isn’t “not supporting your team”. Just like having completely unrealistic expectations isn’t “supporting your team”.

You should be embarrassed to be so blind not to see this team for what it is, especially the defense. Get off your high horse.

Big deal......we knocked the UF center on his ass....Now if we can get the defense to do that the rest of the game we might have something. The end of the game was no big deal and if I had the capability I would probably hit someone also.

Big deal......we knocked the UF center on his ass....Now if we can get the defense to do that the rest of the game we might have something. The end of the game was no big deal and if I had the capability I would probably hit someone also.

Did you read the reason I responded or just reply? Obviously I’m way more pissed about performance than the end, though I do believe it was ridiculous they did that. We’d be pissed as hell if someone did that against our team. Those guys know better than to do that. If you would do the same then that would just make you a lousy embarrassment as well.

What is so sad is this game (scrimmage) is on national TV at 7:00 saturday. I've never been so embarrassed and have been here 47 years as a Gamecock fan. A tater turd told me in 1976 that we shall NEVER win a national championship simply because of where we are are located. Well here we are.

Reactions: Tiger-lo
If the game is out of hand by halftime, our starters will rest the whole second half until the last 5 minutes for a curtain call. We have to be ready for Pitt the next week. Pitt can be good. Pitt can also be f***ing horrible. We won't know which Pitt team shows up: The one who beat Cuse and played ND to the wire, or the one who got stomped by UCF and Penn State and let UNC beat them.

I have no doubt if the game is in their hands they will try to get Will Swinney a score. They’ve tried the last two weeks and he got one this past weekend. It’s the ultimate insult.

That’ll be how they stick it to us this year. Not necessarily running it up, but doing things that are embarrassing.
As if getting scorched by a walk-on WR the past 3 years wasn't enough

Its a bitter rivalry. I don't blame them if they do run up the score. They have a lot to play with so I know they will take starters out probably 3rd quarter, but play calling will still be the same. If roles were reversed, I'd hope Boom would lay 100 on them, so I won't be surprised if they do.

What's your point tater? 77 is running it up regardless of who plays.
The point is if you are playing scout team guys and running it up the middle every play, it’s on you if a team scores. Running it up is leaving the starters in and scoring 125. I doubt any team would take a knee on first down to keep from scoring.

Reactions: purple94
I'm hoping we hang tough. But in the case we don't, I fully expect to see Daybo's kid, Wilkins score some type of TD, and even Batson's kid do something to be the victory cigar. He's been doing it all year against everyone. I've told a few of my Clemmions friends, when your reckoning comes, it will be brutal.

After all the 5-bomb photos I've seen over the years, I hope Clemson hangs 100 on USC including TD's by Wilkins, Will Swinney, Big Dex, every RB, WR, QB, and a waterboy to be named later. That was a lot of pain and anguish I had to endure dangit LaughingLaughing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT