ADVERTISEMENT

Seventh Woods in transfer portal

midline

Dec 27, 2007
Being reported that Seventh is now in the portal. Too bad. Seemed to have all of the physical gifts in the world but just couldn't find a fit at UNC, or USC

• Haha
Reactions: coolcock2001
I wonder if related to the news that Martin's son was coming in. There won't be any scrap minutes left for Seventh to compete for now.

I wonder if related to the news that Martin's son was coming in. There won't be any scrap minutes left for Seventh to compete for now.
As bad as this team is going to be I would think everyone would get playing time.

Sorry it didn't work out for 7th, but this is outstanding news for the team. Him being around to steal minutes from other guards, and be perceived as Frank's favorite while still underperforming, would not be good.

Reactions: 92Pony
this dumb extra year rule is only leading to a lot of mediocre players overstaying their welcome in college basketball.

Seems as if every high profile recruit coming out of this state chooses somebody else. That is part of the problem.

Yes, it is a problem but it goes all the way back to Bill Foster. Not unique to Frank Martin. He is in on most of the high quality SC kids this year; more than usual, really. So hopefully he snags a couple.

Woods probably would have developed much better as a player and had a better collegiate career had he gone somewhere he could actually start or get meaningful minutes. He was just another body at UNC.

Woods peaked at 9th/10th grade and did not have to build his game up due to his athleticism. I think when he got his knee injury and couldnt fly around like he used to, it brought him down to earth

I always wondered how good he was. He had to have had some good showings on the AAU circuit, but all the highlights that I ever saw from him in high school was him dunking on a bunch of private school kids. Never saw him shooting many 3's either.

He played in a lot of games at UNC, but never seemed to excel even in garbage time. When did he hurt his knee?

Good Riddance!!!!!

When he chose UNC over us, back in high school, I never cared about his career after that!!!!
So Brea Beal should've stayed in Illinois? Zia Cooke should be a Buckeye? Why would a player turn down an offer from one of the top programs in their sport? It didn't work out for him so he came back to his home state. Can't blame him for trying to make it in the big time instead of coming to USC when we weren't showing much promise.

Reactions: tngamecock#
I always felt bad for Seventh, he had all the hype to become the next big thing, he was Zion before there was Zion. I don't blame him for going to UNC, he probably figured he would play for a year or two and be a lottery pick in the draft. Unfortunately for him his injuries and lack of development at the college level has earned him a disappointing college career. I wish him the best wherever he goes.

Having said that, Frank Martin being unable to get Seventh out of high school, with this type of results he produced ia probably the best thing that could have happened to Frank. I can only imagine the amount of negative recruiting that would have occurred surrounding how Frank ruined Seventh's career.

Yes, it is a problem but it goes all the way back to Bill Foster. Not unique to Frank Martin. He is in on most of the high quality SC kids this year; more than usual, really. So hopefully he snags a couple.
One can keep hoping......but history is prologue as they say. Surely don't expect to see it now with the condition of the program

I always felt bad for Seventh, he had all the hype to become the next big thing, he was Zion before there was Zion. I don't blame him for going to UNC, he probably figured he would play for a year or two and be a lottery pick in the draft. Unfortunately for him his injuries and lack of development at the college level has earned him a disappointing college career. I wish him the best wherever he goes.

Having said that, Frank Martin being unable to get Seventh out of high school, with this type of results he produced ia probably the best thing that could have happened to Frank. I can only imagine the amount of negative recruiting that would have occurred surrounding how Frank ruined Seventh's career.
Seventh was never Zion. Seventh was a mixtape, a single highlight video on YouTube that blew up.

Seventh was never Zion. Seventh was a mixtape, a single highlight video on YouTube that blew up.
Yes for a moment in time he was "The Guy". The hype around him was ridiculously massive for a high schooler, mainly because of his mixtape very much like what Zion received a few years later. The only difference between the two is the results they achieved after high school.

Reactions: TAV31 and heelzfor2
So Brea Beal should've stayed in Illinois? Zia Cooke should be a Buckeye? Why would a player turn down an offer from one of the top programs in their sport? It didn't work out for him so he came back to his home state. Can't blame him for trying to make it in the big time instead of coming to USC when we weren't showing much promise.
UNC was stacked and he thought he could set the world on fire...so what happens, he runs back home when that does not happen....I do not see Beal or Cooke running back home...those two girls made the right choice...Woods, well good riddance...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT