ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting at Columbiana Mall

It all has to do with the charge. Bail has to match the charge. Judges can’t just set bail at whatever they want. The only charge is illegal carrying of a firearm at this time. A firearm that he purchased legally. I don’t have a problem with the bail if that’s all he is charged with.
So randomly shooting that firearm in a crowded mall must be just a "Oops My Bad" Maybe our laws have gotten so soft that it's not a crime.

Reactions: cockofdawn
So randomly shooting that firearm in a crowded mall must be just a "Oops My Bad" Maybe our laws have gotten so soft that it's not a crime.
He’s claiming self defense that’s not the same as just pulling out a weapon and firing. According to reports he was fired upon first.

If they could charge him with more, you think they wouldn’t?

Y’all are also leaving out the fact that this guy turned himself and the gun in. Gave his account to the police and they know who the other shooters were. He was on the phone with his family when all this went down. His family was one of the first to notify the police of the incident.

Last edited:
It all has to do with the charge. Bail has to match the charge. Judges can’t just set bail at whatever they want. The only charge is illegal carrying of a firearm at this time. A firearm that he purchased legally. I don’t have a problem with the bail if that’s all he is charged with.
Well then maybe that’s some crappy work by the DA. If you shoot multiple people, attempted murder should be on the table at the very least.

Dumbest statement ever. You don’t have to whip your kids to discipline them. Having two parents in the home would be a much better start. I come from a family of 5 with parents that don’t believe in whipping. Out of 5 kids all are well functioning professionals that are outstanding members of society. Having 2 parents is more important than whipping your kids.
All liberals?

All liberals?
All republicans actually. But what exactly does being democrats or Republican have to do with whipping your kids and being productive outstanding members of society. Here’s a hint it doesn’t.

Last edited:
Well then maybe that’s some crappy work by the DA. If you shoot multiple people, attempted murder should be on the table at the very least.
Or maybe the bullets that injured the people didn’t come from his gun. Seeing as their were 3 guns.

So you’re saying the judge couldn’t hold a person in jail that just shot almost 10 people in public. Bull shit.
He wasn’t charged with shooting 9 people so no actually he can’t. He can only rule on the charges that were brought forth to him. In this case illegal carrying of a firearm. So no he can’t hold someone for shooting 10 people when, as it stands now, he has not been charged for such a crime.

This wasn’t some mass shooting. It was a situation that led to two different groups firing on each other. Which acted in self defense is very important here. He claims he reacted in self defense as of now the DA may think there is some truth to that.

Last edited:
You can’t charge someone for shooting people when 3 were shooting. The bullets would actually have to come from his gun. You don’t know the specifics.
He wasn’t charged with shooting 9 people so no actually he can’t. He can only rule on the charges that were brought forth to him. In this case illegal carrying of a firearm. So no he can’t hold someone for shooting 10 people when, as it stands now, he has not been charged for such a crime.
Ballistics testing doesn’t take long and the testing is unique as a finger print. If this person is responsible or not they should know soon. Whoever fired guns that hit 9 people should be charged. No I wasn’t hanging out in Columbiana when it happened (and neither were you) but yeah someone should be locked up for a long time.

So you’re saying the judge couldn’t hold a person in jail that just shot almost 10 people in public. Bull shit.
he's not charged with shooting anyone- at least not yet. The original reporting was that he didn't shoot anyone.

They can't make it up that he shot 10 people when there is no such evidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Ballistics testing doesn’t take long and the testing is unique as a finger print. If this person is responsible or not they should know soon. Whoever fired guns that hit 9 people should be charged. No I wasn’t hanging out in Columbiana when it happened (and neither were you) but yeah someone should be locked up for a long time.
How exactly do you know where I was on Saturday?

With that said I never claimed to be there. It also doesn’t have a bearing on the fact that the bond was appropriate for the charges filed.

All republicans actually. But what exactly does being democrats or Republican have to do with whipping your kids and being productive outstanding members of society. Here’s a hint it doesn’t.
You sound like you know quite a bit about raising kids and how to be productive members of society. Your last name wouldn't happen to be Rogers would it?

No, he can't if he is not charged with Attempted Murder. You are not going to be able to hold a guy on a high bond with just an Illegal Carrying Charge. I knew something was up when I heard how low the bond was.

Reactions: Robhawk29
Those statistics don't take into effect the other variables. I spent over 10yrs dealing with data involving juveniles and such.
Ex: Financial status based on having one caregiver vs two is a bigger factor than actually having "2" parents. Surrounding environments are usually worse with single caregivers. The support system for both the child and caregiver is dramatically worse when not dealing with two caregivers.
So it's not because of having both parents around. It's because of the other factors.
I can take pretty much any collection of data and make it fit any argument I want by controlling the variables within the data collected. It's the worse and greatest thing about statistics. That's why you gotta be careful how you perceive polls/data. Unfortunately most just sit back and believe what they read on social media or the news without verifying how the data was collected.
As a wise old man once told me: "There are lies, there are damned lies, and then there are Statistics."

Or maybe the bullets that injured the people didn’t come from his gun. Seeing as their were 3 guns.

This wasn’t some mass shooting. It was a situation that led to two different groups firing on each other. Which acted in self defense is very important here. He claims he reacted in self defense as of now the DA may think there is some truth to that.
It seems this is more of a problem with law enforcement than the courts. There is a more serious offense than illegal carrying a firearm that he could definitely be charged with . There is also a law against discharging a firearm in public which is something he definitely did. It may not rise to the level of attempted murder, but is more serious than what he was charged with. There is also assault and battery which is more serious and possibly assault and battery with intent to kill. Hard to argue that are shooting a gun in a crowded mall with no intent to kill.

Ok, here it is! Second suspect was just arrested. He is charged as follows:

Nine counts of Assault/Assault and Battery of a High and Aggravated Nature, one count of Murder/Attempted Murder. He is also charged with one count of Unlawful Carrying of a Pistol.

These are much more serious offenses.

It seems this is more of a problem with law enforcement than the courts. There is a more serious offense than illegal carrying a firearm that he could definitely be charged with . There is also a law against discharging a firearm in public which is something he definitely did. It may not rise to the level of attempted murder, but is more serious than what he was charged with. There is also assault and battery which is more serious and possibly assault and battery with intent to kill. Hard to argue that are shooting a gun in a crowded mall with no intent to kill.
A lot of those would be negated if self defense is legitimate. I would think but I’m not a lawyer. At least they usually are in an instance such as this. Now he could be sued for sure.

A lot of those would be negated if self defense is legitimate. I would think but I’m not a lawyer. At least they usually are in an instance such as this. Now he could be sued for sure.
Possibly, but self defense alone does not insulate someone from shooting into a crowd and injuring others. At any rate it appears the other guy was the culprit. Looks like he's toast.

Still looking for 2 suspects. You can also look at the article with the response from his lawyer.
Let me rephrase. I haven’t heard any leads on the other 2 people. Who are they? Was this an organized “hey let’s pretend to shoot at each other but really be shooting at all the other people.”I mean come on. This guy was in the gap?

Let me rephrase. I haven’t heard any leads on the other 2 people. Who are they? Was this an organized “hey let’s pretend to shoot at each other but really be shooting at all the other people.”I mean come on. This guy was in the gap?

Man just look at the news instead of arguing. Seeing as how the police obviously believe the originals arrest story I will say what his attorney said. He claimed that these two boys attacked him on Facebook weeks ago. The reason was not disclosed due to investigation reasons. He then said they spotted him and things escalated from there. It let to the two new arrest pulling guns and this guy drawing his in defense.

Im not making this shit up. Everything I have stated has been released by the news. Seeing as how the new arrest was charged with attempted murder and 9 accounts of assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature, the story seems to hold water.

I’m not sure where it happened as the news article I have read haven’t stated. I have heard different things. I do believe I heard on the news it was in the gap or in front of the gap. However I don’t know for sure.

Well while some of you are caught up on the self defense argument, let’s remember that suspect #1 was tied as an accomplice to a murder of a Lower Richland athlete a couple of years ago as well.

Reactions: BlueCord86
Ok, here it is! Second suspect was just arrested. He is charged as follows:

Nine counts of Assault/Assault and Battery of a High and Aggravated Nature, one count of Murder/Attempted Murder. He is also charged with one count of Unlawful Carrying of a Pistol.

These are much more serious offenses.
Wonder what his bail will be?

Man just look at the news instead of arguing. Seeing as how the police obviously believe the originals arrest story I will say what his attorney said. He claimed that these two boys attacked him on Facebook weeks ago. The reason was not disclosed due to investigation reasons. He then said they spotted him and things escalated from there. It let to the two new arrest pulling guns and this guy drawing his in defense.

Im not making this shit up. Everything I have stated has been released by the news. Seeing as how the new arrest was charged with attempted murder and 9 accounts of assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature, the story seems to hold water.

I’m not sure where it happened as the news article I have read haven’t stated. I have heard different things. I do believe I heard on the news it was in the gap or in front of the gap. However I don’t know for sure.
I'm not arguing, just looking for the facts ma'am. A friend of mine was working that day and said it happened in the gap. Glad to see the other moron was arrested. My son had friends there at the time and ran out the back of the store. Don't think they'll be going back either. Good Bye Columbiana. Guess I won't be able to have Red Robin again.

So when one of these thugs bullets' hits and kills a little kid in this gang style shooting, Then WHO is responsible. Let's not let Columbia get like Chicago, Baltimore, St. Louis. Clean up the streets !

ABSOLUTELY, shameful. He said that some guys had been threatening him for a couple of years and they saw him at the mall and pulled out guns. So he pulled out his gun and starting shooting. But somehow he doesn't know who the other guys were. I would keep his butt in jail until his memory gets a little better.
Every mall I’ve ever been in has stickers pasted everywhere that clearly state “No Firearms allowed.”

Every mall I’ve ever been in has stickers pasted everywhere that clearly state “No Firearms allowed.”
In SC, signage has to be specific. It has to be a certain size and on a certain location on the door. If the law for signage is not followed to a “T” it isn’t valid.

Lenox Square Mall went to metal detectors not too long ago. Might time for Columbiana to do the same along with beefed up parking lot security and cameras.

Lenox Square Mall went to metal detectors not too long ago. Might time for Columbiana to do the same along with beefed up parking lot security and cameras.

Just shut it down. Order offline. I’m thankful I don’t have day long shopping trips anymore. Just give my wife the card and say order what you need. Send what does not fit back.

Just shut it down. Order offline. I’m thankful I don’t have day long shopping trips anymore. Just give my wife the card and say order what you need. Send what does not fit back.
It will probably serve as another Amazon warehouse within a few years. It's unfortunate to see these places dying though. We still need community gathering spots. The world hanging out behind a computer all day is not good for anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT