ADVERTISEMENT

So Muschamp and Frank took voluntary pay cuts

10% across the board. It will be interesting to see if dabo and his guys will go the same.

Dawn took one as well. Those two should have absorbed hers.

I will second that. Muschamp should have taken a 15% cut to cover what Dawn would take.

Anyone that thinks these are truly voluntary pay cuts is being duped. They were asked and I am sure felt like they had to agree. Only one I feel bad for is Dawn. She is the star of the athletic department right now...BY FAR. This reality is thanks to Tanner's continued oversight of the downfall of USC men's sports across the board.

For the foreseeable future, the paradigm for college athletic department funding is going to shift. Coaches all over the country are going to take pay cuts as programs struggle to get through the next year with just a fraction of their typical revenue.

Too bad those aren't permanent paycuts.

Personally, I like Muschamp. However, he should have given at least $1,000,000 back. That would be a statement. Same for FM. They would still get along just fine on the remaining millions.

Reactions: Zann77
I heard Dawn Staley took a 10% cut too...

I think Both Muschamp and Martin should take additional 10% cut each, give Dawn her cut back and make the two numnuts pay for Dawn's portion...

And the NCAA is back in business... So it's time for them to give Dawn and the ladies their National Championship trophy NOW!!!!

Reactions: Gradstudent
Put your money where your mouth is, ill match your donation.

Im not her employer. You can keep your money, along with your thoughts on what I can do with mine. Can you name a coach in any sport that had the #1 team and got their pay reduced?

I will concede Bill Self took one, but most of the high profile coaches have not announced one.

Im not her employer. You can keep your money, along with your thoughts on what I can do with mine. Can you name a coach in any sport that had the #1 team and got their pay reduced?

I will concede Bill Self took one, but most of the high profile coaches have not announced one.
That's what I thought.

Dabo will use this opportunity to project himself as the greatest human to ever live. He hasn’t taken the cut yet because he’s waiting to see what he has to outdo. Gotta make sure he gets that Tom Rinaldi story during Gameday...

Dodo will work a year for free. Watch. He cant stand it if he cant one up everybody.
He will announce it on tic-toc and end up time magazine man of the year for his compassion.

I was thinking he’d actually pay Clemson to work.

Dawn deserves a pay raise once everything returns to normal. Head coach at UCONN makes $2.4 Million / year, Baylor $1.85 Million / year, and the guy that just left Texas makes $1.6 Million / year. Dawn is it $1.46 Million / year.

I don’t disagree with you, but Mulkey has been at Baylor for 19 years with 3 national championships. Schaefer played the leverage game, and Auriemmas record speaks for itself.

Dawn deserves a pay raise once everything returns to normal. Head coach at UCONN makes $2.4 Million / year, Baylor $1.85 Million / year, and the guy that just left Texas makes $1.6 Million / year. Dawn is it $1.46 Million / year.
+ Incentives. Probably worth another .5 mil.

I don’t disagree with you, but Mulkey has been at Baylor for 19 years with 3 national championships. Schaefer played the leverage game, and Auriemmas record speaks for itself.

The article I read said Baylor's coach had 2 national titles. Dawn has 1 but probably should have 2 but the season was cancelled. I bet Texas came for her but what they were offering was probably less than what she would make with he incentives she will get paid the next few seasons. She should get those multiple National Championships the next 2 seasons if all goes well.

Dodo will work a year for free. Watch. He cant stand it if he cant one up everybody.
He will announce it on tic-toc and end up time magazine man of the year for his compassion.
Not happening Probably feels he is underpaid if anything

The article I read said Baylor's coach had 2 national titles. Dawn has 1 but probably should have 2 but the season was cancelled. I bet Texas came for her but what they were offering was probably less than what she would make with he incentives she will get paid the next few seasons. She should get those multiple National Championships the next 2 seasons if all goes well.
Baylor has 3 national championships. '05, '12, '19
Kim Mulkey has been there *20 years.

I’m not overly confident we’d have beaten Oregon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT