ADVERTISEMENT

So Muschamp and Frank took voluntary pay cuts

if only we had someone that could produce results like that.

There are several teams in each division that could produce results like that in the ACC and I thought we were a 1 loss ACC team until those consecutive losses to Virginia and North Carolina. We have the facilities, players, and player development to be a great team. Just need less injuries, intelligent game planning, and in game coaching to reach potential investments should generate.

No one at Clemson has really said anything about cuts or plans due to the difficulty of this virus.

Only football related news I have heard out of Clemson other than recruiting news is about an upcoming surgery for Justyn Ross about a neck injury suffered in the Spring that was called a "stinger" by Dabo.

There are several teams in each division that could produce results like that in the ACC and I thought we were a 1 loss ACC team until those consecutive losses to Virginia and North Carolina. We have the facilities, players, and player development to be a great team. Just need less injuries, intelligent game planning, and in game coaching to reach potential investments should generate.

No one at Clemson has really said anything about cuts or plans due to the difficulty of this virus.

Only football related news I have heard out of Clemson other than recruiting news is about an upcoming surgery for Justyn Ross about a neck injury suffered in the Spring that was called a "stinger" by Dabo.
I have seen very little evidence of the former and have very little faith in the latter happening -- also due to lack of evidence.

I have seen very little evidence of the former and have very little faith in the latter happening -- also due to lack of evidence.
5 players from the 2018 team made NFL rosters and 8 players were just drafted and signed FA contracts from last years team.

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong last season except winning in Athens and beating Kentucky in a blowout.

Mike Bobo's experience is very welcome to me. He seems like the type of coach that will be able to make the most of the hand he has and find something from the deck of cards to improve his hand.

Reactions: Silver_Coconut
5 players from the 2018 team made NFL rosters and 8 players were just drafted and signed FA contracts from last years team.

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong last season except winning in Athens and beating Kentucky in a blowout.

Mike Bobo's experience is very welcome to me. He seems like the type of coach that will be able to make the most of the hand he has and find something from the deck of cards to improve his hand.
Outside of a couple of players, did you ever see it here on the field? I sure didn't. Jake Bentley look almost the exact same on his last day here as he did on his 1st.

The longer Muschamp is on the job, the worse things get. Players are injured at an incredible rate, he loses to Sunbelt teams (one of whom barely even has to complete a forward pass), his players block each other instead of their opponents, his offenses somehow manage to get worse and pitiful quarterback play. Our players often look undisciplined, poorly coached and unprepared to play the games.

Maybe Bobo will improve things. But after watching Muschamp's teams over the last 8 years, I'm less than hopeful.

Outside of a couple of players, did you ever see it here on the field? I sure didn't. Jake Bentley look almost the exact same on his last day here as he did on his 1st.

The longer Muschamp is on the job, the worse things get. Players are injured at an incredible rate, he loses to Sunbelt teams (one of whom barely even has to complete a forward pass), his players block each other instead of their opponents, his offenses somehow manage to get worse and pitiful quarterback play. Our players often look undisciplined, poorly coached and unprepared to play the games.

Maybe Bobo will improve things. But after watching Muschamp's teams over the last 8 years, I'm less than hopeful.

Great points. Did see some flashes but nothing consistent. Best consistent player I have seen this era is Michael Scarnnechia and he played one game and won it.

My biggest concern is recruiting. Muschamp can't earn a commitment even from players we place or guys he has led for until a day before he announces. Read this morning Zaire Patterson will choose Clemson tomorrow over us and they don't even offer the degree he wants to study.

If Muschamp can't keep us within the top 25 in recruiting with the monetary and athletic / academic facility advantages we have over schools like North Carolina, how is a head coach in football the area of his expertise.

That story on Patterson rubbed me wrong today. Muschamp can't buy a recruit and not even high school kids believe he can be a winning football head coach.

Unless something changes, this will be the worse recruiting class we have had since recruiting sites ranked classes.

Great points. Did see some flashes but nothing consistent. Best consistent player I have seen this era is Michael Scarnnechia and he played one game and won it.

My biggest concern is recruiting. Muschamp can't earn a commitment even from players we place or guys he has led for until a day before he announces. Read this morning Zaire Patterson will choose Clemson tomorrow over us and they don't even offer the degree he wants to study.

If Muschamp can't keep us within the top 25 in recruiting with the monetary and athletic / academic facility advantages we have over schools like North Carolina, how is a head coach in football the area of his expertise.

That story on Patterson rubbed me wrong today. Muschamp can't buy a recruit and not even high school kids believe he can be a winning football head coach.

Unless something changes, this will be the worse recruiting class we have had since recruiting sites ranked classes.
Great call on the recruiting part. I hadn't heard about Patterson yet. But I'm really not surprised.

Everyone makes a big deal about Muschamp's recruiting, and he has pulled in some nice recruits. But we are no higher ranked overall than we ever were with Spurrier. And I agree that last year's horrible finish is definitely hurting recruiting efforts right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT