ADVERTISEMENT

Staley criticizes, then retracts criticism of, Maria Hickman (Sr. Assoc. AD)

I was a little tough this afternoon when I commented on your posting style. My last post was an attempt to reach back out to you a bit. To engage civilly. Oh well.....

But I will respond to your question.

No. No qoutas, no goals, and coaches who default to selecting players on race at early ages should be encouraged to be more open minded to what everyone can bring to the game.

So what is your opinion about a qouta for scholarship players?
A quota is absurd. It’s racist at its core and introduces more problems than it solves. If dawn wants all black players, so what. If another coach wants all white players so what? Everyone in this country is afforded the exact same rights, and any attempt to legislate fairness is a fools errand.

A quota is absurd. It’s racist at its core and introduces more problems than it solves. If dawn wants all black players, so what. If another coach wants all white players so what? Everyone in this country is afforded the exact same rights, and any attempt to legislate fairness is a fools errand.

So the school passing up a highly qualified white student to admit a lesser qualified black student for the sake of diversity is ok then? Any attempt to legislate fairness is a fools errand?n affirmative action laws say hello. Are they not quotas and requirements to favor the less qualified based on skin color ? You are correct that everyone is afforded the same rights. Then why are SAT and other standardized tests considered racist? Everyone has the same opportunity for education . Kids are taught the same material. Kids of all colors sit in the same classroom. Is that not equal opportunity and non racist? Finally, how quickly would Al Sharpton come calling if there was an all white anything? Is there a National Association for the advancement of white people? How about the American White college Fund? The screaming would be loud. Miss America is open to anyone. miss Black America doesn’t sound very diverse.

Point is. It’s ok to have programs for blacks only but not white only. Sounds kind of racist doesn’t it? I guess it depends on one’s agenda

I would suggest that you might not be so faux surprised by the ethnic makeup of our women’s basketball team if you spent even a little time examining the pool of players comprising the top 50 or 100 players in each recruiting class (I.e., the players a top 5 team is going to recruit if they want to stay in the top 5). Wonder of wonders: a majority of them are Black, and in many years, that majority is rather substantial.

I read nothing into your post (much of my post was addressing other comments in the thread... just quoted your post as a starting point), but since I’ve been accused of the crime, let me go ahead and commit it. I’m pretty sure, if your post that I quoted had any purpose beyond trolling, that it was intended to convey one or more of the following:

1) Staley lacks credibility to speak on diversity issues because a substantial majority of her team is Black;
2) Staley shouldn’t speak of someone else’s qualifications to speak about diversity because most of her players are Black; and/or
3) The racial composition of Staley’s roster implies some sort of prejudice or hypocrisy on her part.

By all means, enlighten me because I’m not too quick on the uptake: what were you getting at when you took the time to pull a picture of our predominantly Black women’s basketball roster with the caption, “Definitely not much diversity in this picture“? Please don’t cop out and say, “I was just making an observation that her team doesn’t have much diversity.”

And? In a thread discussing Coach Staley’s statement and subsequent retraction about Ms. Hickman’s appointment as the athletic department’s diversity czar, you had to have a point. Right?
First of all I did not post the picture, only commented and made a observation. That picture and the other information listed in this post, about our past teams recruiting, justified my observation. The numbers do not lie. As for accusing Coach Staley, who I and a big fan of, I did not. I was just just stating the obvious. She cannot say make statements on diversity and not practice what she is preaching. It kind of nullifies your message, that’s all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybercock
Exactly why she should have kept her mouth shut about Hickman!!!

First of all I did not post the picture, only commented and made a observation. That picture and the other information listed in this post, about our past teams recruiting, justified my observation. The numbers do not lie. As for accusing Coach Staley, who I and a big fan of, I did not. I was just just stating the obvious. She cannot say make statements on diversity and not practice what she is preaching. It kind of nullifies your message, that’s all.

I asked this question of another poster who was going down this rabbit hole, but for whatever reason neither he/she nor anyone else responded: how many White players are typically on the rosters of teams coached in Division 1 by Black head coaches? I would think if the numbers are similar elsewhere, it may point less to a practice or attitude of the coaches and more of an attitude of the players and their families.

In the last NCAA basketball tournament, other than the Gamecocks, there were eight programs helmed by Black coaches. Here is the number of White American players on each roster (I am not including foreign born players because they are raised under different cultural circumstances and because there were only a few additional players anyway.):

Western Kentucky: 1 of 15 (this is an edit; didn't realize two players were Egyptian and was incorrect about one the first look-through)

Cal-State Northridge: 2 of 15

Buffalo: 2 of 15

Syracuse: 2 of 15

Grambling St.: 0 of 15 (no surprise as an HBC)

Elon: 1 or 2 of 15 (was hard to determine one of players from photo)

UGA: 3 of 15

LSU: 2 of 15

Aggregate: 15 of 120, or 12.5 percent, and that's including the one player who may have been multiracial.

We can agree to disagree on the significance of this, but given that the players choose the school and not the other way around, I think those numbers may very well reflect a reticence on the part of White players to play for Black coaches more than a bias toward recruiting Black players by Staley or any other Black coach.

Stated a little differently, I think probably 9.8 times out of 10 a White player offered by Geno Auriemma and Dawn Staley is going to pick UConn (I'd hazard a bet that, in practice since Staley has been a head coach, the number has been 100 percent). If a Black player is offered by both coaches, I think it's a pretty safe bet that our odds are considerably better. Is that Dawn Staley's fault? Does it harm her credibility to speak on issues of diversity because she's recruiting the best players available to her?

I don't think it does.

Last edited:
I asked this question of another poster who was going down this rabbit hole, but for whatever reason neither he/she nor anyone else responded: how many White players are typically on the rosters of teams coached in Division 1 by Black head coaches? I would think if the numbers are similar elsewhere, it may point less to a practice or attitude of the coaches and more of an attitude of the players and their families.

In the last NCAA basketball tournament, other than the Gamecocks, there were eight programs helmed by Black coaches. Here is the number of White American players on each roster (I am not including foreign born players because they are raised under different cultural circumstances and because there were only a couple of additional players anyway.):

Western Kentucky: 4 of 15

Aggregate: 18 of 120, or 15 percent, and that's including the one player who may have been multiracial.

We can agree to disagree on the significance of this, but given that the players choose the school and not the other way around, I think those numbers may very well reflect a reticence on the part of White players to play for Black coaches more than a bias toward recruiting Black players by Staley or any other coach.

Stated a little differently, I think probably 9.8 times out of 10 a White player offered by Geno Auriemma and Dawn Staley is going to pick UConn (I'd hazard a bet that, in practice, the number has been 100 percent). If a Black player is offered by both coaches, I think it's a pretty safe bet that our odds are considerably better. Is that Dawn Staley's fault? Does it harm her credibility to speak on issues of diversity because she's recruiting the best players available to her?

I don't think it does.
It’s an interesting point. I also wonder which ones are on scholarship and which walked on.

It’s an interesting point. I also wonder which ones are on scholarship and which walked on.
Thanks... it's a good question. Also just edited the post because I had been mistaken re: three players on WKU's roster. The percentage is actually 12.5 percent, not 15.

Thanks... it's a good question. Also just edited the post because I had been mistaken re: three players on WKU's roster. The percentage is actually 12.5 percent, not 15.
Actually, I don’t really care though. Coaches should be able to have anyone on their team they want. Just like universities and businesses should hire whoever they want.

Reactions: Cybercock
Actually, I don’t really care though. Coaches should be able to have anyone on their team they want. Just like universities and businesses should hire whoever they want.

Don't really have a dog in that fight. I posted in this thread because I find it disheartening that folks are so willing to make sweeping generalizations about Staley when the situation appears to be far more easily explainable by how players choose their schools.

On that note, I quickly skimmed through the top 20 or so White players in the past couple of Hoopgurlz rankings. Hoopgurlz provides a section showing schools other than the committed school that the prospect considered. Although that field is empty for many of the players (and in the interest of full disclosure, I didn't spend much time poring through the information so I may be wrong on this), it appears that exactly one White player in those rankings considered a school with a Black head coach.

That coach was Dawn Staley, who had offered the prospect and recruited her but she chose to sign elsewhere.

In the last NCAA basketball tournament, other than the Gamecocks, there were eight programs helmed by Black coaches. Here is the number of White American players on each roster (I am not including foreign born players because they are raised under different cultural circumstances and because there were only a few additional players anyway.):

Western Kentucky: 1 of 15 (this is an edit; didn't realize two players were Egyptian and was incorrect about one the first look-through)

Aggregate: 15 of 120, or 12.5 percent, and that's including the one player who may have been multiracial.

We can agree to disagree on the significance of this, but given that the players choose the school and not the other way around, I think those numbers may very well reflect a reticence on the part of White players to play for Black coaches more than a bias toward recruiting Black players by Staley or any other Black coach.

Stated a little differently, I think probably 9.8 times out of 10 a White player offered by Geno Auriemma and Dawn Staley is going to pick UConn (I'd hazard a bet that, in practice since Staley has been a head coach, the number has been 100 percent). If a Black player is offered by both coaches, I think it's a pretty safe bet that our odds are considerably better. Is that Dawn Staley's fault? Does it harm her credibility to speak on issues of diversity because she's recruiting the best players available to her?

I don't think it does.
I do agree on some points. Don’t really believe players are biased or swayed by a coaches ethnicity. I believe their driving factor is winning and they are going to go to the winning school. Which with our recent success it is starting to prove that point! I do commend coach Staley for retracting her statements. The fact still remains you should practice what you preach or don’t preach. The perception of it is worse sometimes than the actual act itself. Making broad based public statements on social media sure gives one that perception.

Her attitude was put out there when she made comments about the then rioters. She said they had to do something because they were tired. This in reference to the looting and property destruction.

Reactions: jthunder
Her attitude was put out there when she made comments about the then rioters. She said they had to do something because they were tired. This in reference to the looting and property destruction.
They were not to tired. By the looks of the destruction they had more energy I do.

You left off a key point. She said she understood why but went on to say she in no way condoned it. Kind of like a battered woman who's had enough and kills her abuser. Most people wouldn't agree with what she did but certainly could understand why she did it.

Excerpts from an interview.

When you’re a black person, you’re forced to see race,” she said. “You’re forced to see the color of your skin by what’s done to you and said to you. Where we are today, with the riots, I don’t think the people rioting really understand how to be heard or how to converse. Because whoever is on the other side of that conversation, they’re not talking, they are not listening and they are not doing. So this is how people are lashing out.”

Some continue to miss the point.

If she or snyone wants all black or white ot whatever color players then so be it. If an organization wants the same then so be it.
Equality is equality..... quit bitching

Reactions: Tmac069
If you're going to imply Dawn is purposely passing over elite players based on race, there needs to be some type of comparisons to back up your claim. I can save you the trouble of looking because it doesn't exist. All the rosters in the SEC looks pretty much like ours. Since you don't have time to validate your point, look at Frank's roster. Maybe he and Dawn has a secret agreement to exclude all those elite white players wanting to play for South Carolina.
The top 100 high school girls have plenty of white players. UConn seems to have many white players every year.
Dawn is a top notch recruiter. So either white players don’t want to play for her, or she’s not recruit ting them.

The top 100 high school girls have plenty of white players. UConn seems to have many white players every year.
Dawn is a top notch recruiter. So either white players don’t want to play for her, or she’s not recruit ting them.
See my post earlier in the thread... there were nine teams coached by Black head coaches selected for NCAA tournament this year. Most American-born Whites on one team was three (of 15). Total for 9 teams was 12.5%.

In the past two recruiting cycles, there was only one White Hoopgurlz top-20 player who was listed as considering a school with a Black head coach. Incidentally, that school was USC.

That’s not a Dawn problem, and if it’s a race problem, perhaps it’s not the one you think it is.

See my post earlier in the thread... there were nine teams coached by Black head coaches selected for NCAA tournament this year. Most American-born Whites on one team was three (of 15). Total for 9 teams was 12.5%.

In the past two recruiting cycles, there was only one White Hoopgurlz top-20 player who was listed as considering a school with a Black head coach. Incidentally, that school was USC.

That’s not a Dawn problem, and if it’s a race problem, perhaps it’s not the one you think it is.

You seem to want to leave out the foreign born players from your numbers. Out of curiosity what are the numbers including the foreign born?

You seem to want to leave out the foreign born players from your numbers. Out of curiosity what are the numbers including the foreign born?

Would have to go back and look, but perhaps four or five (I recall that WKU had two Egyptian players I had mistakenly characterized as White before I edited the post; if the number was five, that would raise the overall percentage to 16.7%, a very substantial minority... I named the schools in the original post, so you can check behind me if you’re interested enough). And I certainly left out the non-American players on purpose; as I had stated in the original post, I left them out because of cultural differences between here and other countries that might drive their decision-making. By the same token, I also noted that I counted one player who appeared biracial as White because her ethnicity wasn’t apparent from her photo. Had I been trying to conceal something, I wouldn’t have mentioned either.

I went back and looked at your previous posts in this thread, and it seems you believe that Coach Staley has a preference for recruiting Black players and/or is demonstrating prejudice against White players (if I’m mischaracterizing your opinion, apologies in advance). So let me ask you: if Coach Staley is pursuing white players and they are not signing here but rather with schools that have White coaches, is that an issue with her? If other Black coaches have similar track records attracting White players to their programs as they apparently are, at least currently, are they all demonstrating the same bias/prejudice?

Or is it a more logical and reasonable conclusion that the players, who ultimately determine whose offer they accept, are the source of the phenomenon quite a few folks in this thread are using as their evidence that Coach Staley’s “choice” of players damages her credibility to speak on issues of diversity?

Last edited:
Would have to go back and look, but perhaps four or five (I recall that WKU had two Egyptian players I had mistakenly characterized before I edited the post; if the number was five, that would raise the overall percentage to 16.7%). And I certainly left out the non-American players on purpose; as I had stated in the original post, I left them out because of cultural differences between here and other countries. By the same token, I also noted that I counted one player who appeared biracial as White because her ethnicity wasn’t apparent from her photo.
For this discussion, I don't think you should have left out foreign-born white players...simply because Dawn said we need more people who look like her in certain roles. She didn't specify where these people need to come from, just that they should look like her.

For this discussion, I don't think you should have left out foreign-born white players...simply because Dawn said we need more people who look like her in certain roles. She didn't specify where these people need to come from, just that they should look like her.

My response that you quoted provides those numbers as best as I can remember. There were probably only four or five non-American whites that were excluded in my lunch-break count which, if included, would leave the percentage of White players just above 15 percent.

Once again, this thread is supposed to be about her criticism of Maria Hickman’s appointment as diversity czar... who also is a Black woman. It is a fact that White players are substantially underrepresented on squads coached by Black coaches generally. The aspersions cast at Coach Staley’s character in this thread based on the composition of her roster are utterly devoid of any context, some of which I tried to provide.

I would think if someone is so wedded to their thesis that Coach Staley is a hypocrite, they’d provide some information regarding the number of White players she’s unsuccessfully attempted to recruit or, alternatively, the number of high ranked White players she’s declined to recruit. If, for example, someone could point to her shunning highly ranked White players since we became a nationally recognized program, they might actually be onto something. But no, there’s no effort to see how her rosters correlate to the pool of players she has legitimately had shots at signing. If that pool doesn’t significantly differ in racial demographics from her roster, then the lack of diversity is attributable to the players and not the coach.

Quick edit: I went back and tried to find the non-Americans that I excluded from my counts and noticed that some of the rosters from the list of teams I used (which were taken from a 2018 article on The Undefeated) were this coming year’s and some were last year’s because the teams’ sites hadn’t been updated. This makes comparisons a bit difficult because some of the teams changed coaches since the article was written and now have White coaches. It appears that the rosters when those teams were last coached by Black coaches had somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 percent White players... in any event, not much different from my original post.

I also looked back at the Hoopgurlz rankings for last cycle and this one, and I found a fair number of top-30 recruits signed by universities with Black coaches... but if I’m not mistaken, not a single one of those players was White. Or put slightly differently, every White player in those rankings signed to play with White coaches.

Last edited:
Would have to go back and look, but perhaps four or five (I recall that WKU had two Egyptian players I had mistakenly characterized as White before I edited the post; if the number was five, that would raise the overall percentage to 16.7%, a very substantial minority... I named the schools in the original post, so you can check behind me if you’re interested enough). And I certainly left out the non-American players on purpose; as I had stated in the original post, I left them out because of cultural differences between here and other countries that might drive their decision-making. By the same token, I also noted that I counted one player who appeared biracial as White because her ethnicity wasn’t apparent from her photo. Had I been trying to conceal something, I wouldn’t have mentioned either.

I went back and looked at your previous posts in this thread, and it seems you believe that Coach Staley has a preference for recruiting Black players and/or is demonstrating prejudice against White players (if I’m mischaracterizing your opinion, apologies in advance). So let me ask you: if Coach Staley is pursuing white players and they are not signing here but rather with schools that have White coaches, is that an issue with her? If other Black coaches have similar track records attracting White players to their programs as they apparently are, at least currently, are they all demonstrating the same bias/prejudice?

Or is it a more logical and reasonable conclusion that the players, who ultimately determine whose offer they accept, are the source of the phenomenon quite a few folks in this thread are using as their evidence that Coach Staley’s “choice” of players damages her credibility to speak on issues of diversity?

Thx for the reply. If the number is 16.7% for black coaches in the tournament, that is almost 3 times Staley's rate of 5.7% over her time here.

I am not sure what the reason is that we have had teams heavily composed of black players since Staley's arrival. She had six teams in 12 years that were 100% black and has never had a white player of any note. It could be as you have said that top white players don't want to play for a black coach of an all black team. It could also be that Staley has not made much of an effort to recruit top white players.

I think Staley's comments on race over the last few months are troubling. As an example, think about this statement:

"Let me say this, I apologize to Maria Hickman for speaking out of line for all the things she’s doing and have done to advance black coaches, black student athletes including all student athletes and black administrators at @UofSC."

Notice that her concern about diversity is only as it applies to black coaches, black student athletes, and black administrators. And yes when she doesn't seem to have addressed diversity on her own team, I think it diminishes her credibility to speak about diversity in other areas.

Thx for the reply. If the number is 16.7% for black coaches in the tournament, that is almost 3 times Staley's rate of 5.7% over her time here.

I am not sure what the reason is that we have had teams heavily composed of black players since Staley's arrival. She had six teams in 12 years that were 100% black and has never had a white player of any note. It could be as you have said that top white players don't want to play for a black coach of an all black team. It could also be that Staley has not made much of an effort to recruit top white players.

I think Staley's comments on race over the last few months are troubling. As an example, think about this statement:

"Let me say this, I apologize to Maria Hickman for speaking out of line for all the things she’s doing and have done to advance black coaches, black student athletes including all student athletes and black administrators at @UofSC."

Notice that her concern about diversity is only as it applies to black coaches, black student athletes, and black administrators. And yes when she doesn't seem to have addressed diversity on her own team, I think it diminishes her credibility to speak about diversity in other areas.

But how do you know that she hasn’t attempted to address diversity on her own team w/o looking at who she’s recruited? Neither you nor anyone else who is arguing that her stance is hypocritical has addressed that. What you’re saying assumes either that her signees are the entire universe of players she recruited or that she doesn’t recruit/offer white players.

Unless I missed someone, there are ZERO White players in the top 30 in the past two recruiting cycles who have signed to play for a Black coach. And only one White player in those classes listed a school with a Black head coach as one she considered before signing elsewhere... that school was USC.

We have a top-5 program and, I think, are the only top-25 program with a Black head coach (I mention this because the other teams in the list I cited don’t sign a bunch of elite players, so their recruiting profile is different). To sustain a top-5 program, you need to sign elite players. If no elite White players will give us serious consideration, who exactly is she supposed to sign if she wants to sustain the program’s success? The argument that she isn’t concerned about diversity would only work if (1) she was drafting her team rather than recruiting it (or if someone could show we don’t recruit White players); or (2) you or anyone else could make a straight-faced argument that the fans or the university to whom she is beholden would rather she sign lower ranked White players in the name of diversity than win a lot of games.

Last edited:
Reactions: GarnetGhost
But how do you know that she hasn’t attempted to address diversity on her own team w/o looking at who she’s recruited? Neither you nor anyone else who is arguing that her stance is hypocritical has addressed that. What you’re saying assumes either that her signees are the entire universe of players she recruited or that she doesn’t recruit/offer white players.

Unless I missed someone, there are ZERO White players in the top 30 in the past two recruiting cycles who have signed to play for a Black coach. And only one White player in those classes listed a school with a Black head coach as one she considered before signing elsewhere... that school was USC.

We have a top-5 program and, I think, are the only top-25 program with a Black head coach (I mention this because the other teams in the list I cited don’t sign a bunch of elite players, so their recruiting profile is different). To sustain a top-5 program, you need to sign elite players. If no elite White players will give us serious consideration, who exactly is she supposed to sign if she wants to sustain the program’s success? The argument that she isn’t concerned about diversity would only work if (1) she was drafting her team rather than recruiting it (or if someone could show we don’t recruit White players); or (2) you or anyone else could make a straight-faced argument that the fans or the university to whom she is beholden would rather she sign lower ranked White players in the name of diversity than win a lot of games.

I do not know whether or not Staley has made attempts to recruit top white players. And you also do not know, other than one example of a player who you state listed that she considered USC. It seems it is an open question.

What we do know is that she has not successfully recruited any top white players as there have not been any on her rosters in 12 years. And she does have the advantage over other black coaches of having a top 5 team. It would seem that if there were any great amount of effort put into recruiting a top white player (for the sake of diversity) that Staley could have pulled in at least one over the years.

Also, Staley wants 'people who look like me' in the athletics department solely for the sake of diversity. She hasn't stated that the people there now are doing a poor job. She just doesn't see enough black people . So if she wants USC to go out of their way to find black people for those positions then maybe she should also go out of her way to find some top notch white players. That's my point.

Staley has made a number of comments recently that make it clear she sees race first. I find this to be problematic.

Reactions: ddw1263 and Tmac069
White Girls in the ESPN College Hoops 2020:
Ranking in America:
#1 Paige Bueckers
#3 Cameron Brink
#4 Caitlin Clark
#7 Haley Van Lith
#8 Sidney Parrish

this is as far as I'm going...5 of the TOP 10 are white and one is hispanic...so please spare me there is not enough white talent...Paige Beuckers may be one of the best of all time...

My guess is, white girls would feel uncomfortable coming to Carolina.
The girl that transferred to Mizzou is a white girl.

Let's just face it, Dawn is not recruiting white girls and the my guess is white girls probably would not consider playing for her...IMO

Everyone of those girls are on the other side of the country. Dawn recruited Sidney Parrish, and Cameron Brink . Paige Buecker was always going to UConn and committed early. That year Dawn only signed 1 recruit.

I do not know whether or not Staley has made attempts to recruit top white players. And you also do not know, other than one example of a player who you state listed that she considered USC. It seems it is an open question.

What we do know is that she has not successfully recruited any top white players as there have not been any on her rosters in 12 years. And she does have the advantage over other black coaches of having a top 5 team. It would seem that if there were any great amount of effort put into recruiting a top white player (for the sake of diversity) that Staley could have pulled in at least one over the years.

Also, Staley wants 'people who look like me' in the athletics department solely for the sake of diversity. She hasn't stated that the people there now are doing a poor job. She just doesn't see enough black people . So if she wants USC to go out of their way to find black people for those positions then maybe she should also go out of her way to find some top notch white players. That's my point.

Staley has made a number of comments recently that make it clear she sees race first. I find this to be problematic.

I follow women basketball and recruiting and I can tell you she has offered top white players scholarships. Especially the ones in the SC recruiting area. She can not force them to attend SC.

Those are absolutely not the only two scenarios possible.

Reactions: shiverz

Maybe you should do some research on where these top white players are located. Most of them are not in the SC recruiting foot print. SC has only been able to recruit nationally for only a few years unlike some of the other more established schools. Most of the elite players are on the other side of the country and have their pick of schools and nine times out of ten they are not going to attend SC . Since 2017 SC had offered Jessica Shepard, Haley Troup, Lindsay Duvall, Elissa Cunnane, Elysa Wesolex, Samantha Brunelle, Olivia Thompson, Isobell Antsey, Allison Campbell, Sydney Parrish, Cameron Brinks, and Kylie Watson. I am sure i am missing a few but you get my point. The majority of them chose to go elsewhere. Dawn can't force them to attend SC.

Reactions: McCock
Very obvious how many here do

What constitutes plenty and where do they fall on that top 100 list? Dawn recruits from the top of that list. This year, the lowest ranked was #26. She is recruiting so highly, she can have almost anyone she chooses.

By the way, UCONN had a total of 3 on their roster, one more than we did and we ran that team out of the CLA. Very obvious you do not follow WBB.

Dawn will win us several more National Titles.

Everyone of those girls are on the other side of the country. Dawn recruited Sidney Parrish, and Cameron Brink . Paige Buecker was always going to UConn and committed early. That year Dawn only signed 1 recruit.
I do think Dawn is a great coach. But her diversity claims Ring a little hollow when she’s only had like 1% of white players in her many years of Head Coach.

I do think Dawn is a great coach. But her diversity claims Ring a little hollow when she’s only had like 1% of white players in her many years of Head Coach.

we want the best team we can put on the floor right? It seems that the best players play right? The irony is lost on dawn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT