ADVERTISEMENT

The other USC looks like is making a change.

Four wins is now the bar to improve upon and is acceptable to our administration. 5 wins next year is improvement. 6 wins and a rinky dink bowl gets a raise and extension.
Yep.

Old Carolina: But, but Spurrier left a mess and it's hard to recruit.

Me: Muschamp has recruited an average of top 20 classes the past 4 years. We play like a bad FCS team.

Old Carolina: But 100 years ago we fired a coach after 5 years and still sucked!!!

The message is loud and clear. Four wins is now the bar to improve upon and is acceptable to our administration. 5 wins next year is improvement. 6 wins and a rinky dink bowl gets a raise and extension.

You're so right about that last sentence. I think we lose at least 7 next year, but if we were to squeak out 6 wins against sorry opponents, Ray is so incompetent at his job that he would offer Muschamp an extension. And Muschamp's agent would insist that a similar buyout be in place. And Ray would agree to it, because squeaking into the Birmingham Bowl would be progress in his eyes.

You're so right about that last sentence. I think we lose at least 7 next year, but if we were to squeak out 6 wins against sorry opponents, Ray is so incompetent at his job that he would offer Muschamp an extension. And Muschamp's agent would insist that a similar buyout be in place.
Yep, and the vicious cycle continues. Win 4 games again after another extension and we're stuck in a hole again. That's why programs with competent ADs dont give big extensions after mediocre results. Only us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT