ADVERTISEMENT

The tigers high admiration for the Gamecocks…

mUSCle Gamecock

Jan 28, 1999
It has been interesting, especially this past year, to see so many tigers on a Gamecock forum. For many years (about 5), this place was a ghost town for tigers. But now I believe the amount of tigers on this board rivals the number of Gamecocks. Most don’t talk and just come to check things out. However, you have a few vocals ones (like the ones who will respond to this message).

This has never made sense to me. Even when we were in our 5 year streak, I very rarely went to a tiger site. If I did it was because a tiger friend invited me to check out a thread that he wanted my insight. I would check out the thread and respond back to him directly. I didn’t post anything. However, that doesn’t seem to be the case for many tigers. It would seem that many of them spend more time on FGF than any tiger site. Of course I don’t know this to be fact, but if they spend more time on tigernet than they do on FGF, then their whole day would be consumed with this rivalry. (And to put that much emphasizes on something as temporary as college athletics is not healthy.)

I know the very name of the school I graduated from in 1991 can cause anger and frustration. We are THE University of South Carolina. And in contrast, their school is associated with just a small town in the corner of our great state.

Therefore, I have to conclude that there is secret admiration from many tigers for THE University of South Carolina and our amazing fan base. The loyalty our great fan base shows through thick and thin has been recognized nationally for decades. The Gamecock family is the most loyal and tight knit fan base in the state and possibly the nation. We might not see eye to eye on every situation regarding Gamecocks, but that makes our fan base even stronger. I love our diversity and the fact that we are not mind numb drones. Despite the outcome of the games, the loyalty and comradery Gamecocks share is second to none. I remember when we were in the midst of the streak, I saw neighbors taking Clemson stickers off their cars and you didn’t see any Clemson flags flying.

I have many Clemson friends and I post this with a light heart while taking a few jabs at clem. But I do stand by my assertion that the Gamecock fan base is, by far, one of the most loyal fan bases in the country. I love my Gamecocks brothers and sisters!!! FOREVER TO THEE!!!

One of the house taters will post this thread over on taternet, then they'll all come flocking here to tell us how they couldn't care less about USC. It's what they do. They don't care about USC, but yet they regularly visit a USC fan site. Makes perfect sense...

It's really strange that during the NCAA Men's and Women's BB tournaments we didn't hear a peep out of the taters, but as soon as a highly rated player verbally commits to Clemson, they all start coming out of the woodwork. That really says a lot about them.

One of the house taters will post this thread over on taternet, then they'll all come flocking here to tell us how they couldn't care less about USC. It's what they do. They don't care about USC, but yet they regularly visit a USC fan site. Makes perfect sense...

It's really strange that during the NCAA Men's and Women's BB tournaments we didn't hear a peep out of the taters, but as soon as a highly rated player verbally commits to Clemson, they all start coming out of the woodwork. That really says a lot about them.
Quite a few of us came over and congratulated you on your basketball success. I know I did and I read quite a few congratulatory posts from other Clemson fans. You are literally just making stuff up.

Quite a few of us came over and congratulated you on your basketball success. I know I did and I read quite a few congratulatory posts from other Clemson fans. You are literally just making stuff up.

Well, no Gamecock can have a civil conversation on your board because ole Tiger 43 banned everyone for absolutely no reason. We here are a little more civil but we don't care for your teams, either. Point is if we wanted to congratulate you, we couldn't because your board is mostly full of idiots.

There were a few congratulatory posts, however those few posts pale in comparison to the number of posts since the verbal commitment. Read through some of the threads here and take a look at how many taters are commenting and responding. Do you think any of those folks were here congratulating USC a couple of weeks ago? Please.

No, the taters have been living on this site. Eh, after five years of taking grief, who can blame them.

The mods on this site let a lot go and I think that's great. Taternet, on the other hand, bans people before they post anything. And that's appropriate since it reads like Pravada.

Why do you even come over to this site? And same for ours fans going over to tatersuck.net. I have absolutely no desire to visit anything sCUm related. None!!!

It has been interesting, especially this past year, to see so many tigers on a Gamecock forum. For many years (about 5), this place was a ghost town for tigers. But now I believe the amount of tigers on this board rivals the number of Gamecocks. Most don’t talk and just come to check things out. However, you have a few vocals ones (like the ones who will respond to this message).

This has never made sense to me. Even when we were in our 5 year streak, I very rarely went to a tiger site. If I did it was because a tiger friend invited me to check out a thread that he wanted my insight. I would check out the thread and respond back to him directly. I didn’t post anything. However, that doesn’t seem to be the case for many tigers. It would seem that many of them spend more time on FGF than any tiger site. Of course I don’t know this to be fact, but if they spend more time on tigernet than they do on FGF, then their whole day would be consumed with this rivalry. (And to put that much emphasizes on something as temporary as college athletics is not healthy.)

I know the very name of the school I graduated from in 1991 can cause anger and frustration. We are THE University of South Carolina. And in contrast, their school is associated with just a small town in the corner of our great state.

Therefore, I have to conclude that there is secret admiration from many tigers for THE University of South Carolina and our amazing fan base. The loyalty our great fan base shows through thick and thin has been recognized nationally for decades. The Gamecock family is the most loyal and tight knit fan base in the state and possibly the nation. We might not see eye to eye on every situation regarding Gamecocks, but that makes our fan base even stronger. I love our diversity and the fact that we are not mind numb drones. Despite the outcome of the games, the loyalty and comradery Gamecocks share is second to none. I remember when we were in the midst of the streak, I saw neighbors taking Clemson stickers off their cars and you didn’t see any Clemson flags flying.

I have many Clemson friends and I post this with a light heart while taking a few jabs at clem. But I do stand by my assertion that the Gamecock fan base is, by far, one of the most loyal fan bases in the country. I love my Gamecocks brothers and sisters!!! FOREVER TO THEE!!!
Muscle, fret not, Clemson's little reign over the state is about to come to an end. Taters won't be able to compete over the long haul. Hope Swinney and his boys are there for years to come.

Why do you even come over to this site? And same for ours fans going over to tatersuck.net. I have absolutely no desire to visit anything sCUm related. None!!!
I occasionally come to the site to discuss sports and our rivalry. I do the same with FSU as you are our two biggest rivals.
I totally understand you having no desire to visit a Clemson site. I'd probably be the same about this site if I still lived in South Carolina. But living halfway across the country, the message boards are a way to stay connected to the rivalries.
And I give your mods credit for allowing discussions with opposing fans. I've read on here that at least one Clemson site is not open to opposing views. That's disappointing and, frankly, boring.

I see nothing wrong in visiting other teams boards as long as it's keep to a adult/civil conversation..

I wish we could've shown how great our fans are but instead we had 12k or less at our spring game. This doesn't help our recruiting at all and definitely doesn't show that were serious about our football program.

I wish we could've shown how great our fans are but instead we had 12k or less at our spring game. This doesn't help our recruiting at all and definitely doesn't show that were serious about our football program.
Lol at the Clemsux fan posing. Read all 10 of his posts. How big of a loser in life do you have to be?

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Lol at the Clemsux fan posing. Read all 10 of his posts. How big of a loser in life do you have to be?
giphy.gif

Muscle, fret not, Clemson's little reign over the state is about to come to an end. Taters won't be able to compete over the long haul. Hope Swinney and his boys are there for years to come.
Surely you are kidding, I hope they all get hired away. If not they will stay near the top for a long time.

Reactions: cockynSC66
Quite a few , maybe 10. I read pages and thousands of negative comments about our basketball teams and players on tigernet. Nobody is making anything up. You see that's the problem with your fan base. They live in fantasy land. Its always defend, defend, defend. Excuse, Excuse, Excuse.

Of course, to be fair, you should factor how many of our fan base were in Phoenix or Dallas for the two Final Fours we were supporting. Or even the ones that planned to watch those events on TV and don't live in Columbia to get easily to a comfortable viewing spot after the spring game. I think for most programs, two final four appearances would impact the attendance at a spring football game. But that would require acknowledgement of the "fair" part.

Surely you are kidding, I hope they all get hired away. If not they will stay near the top for a long time.

I hope their top notch assistants get hired away. Dabo is not a very hirable coach. His "aw shucks" hokey demeanor is eaten up by Clem, but no other program would be a good fit for him.

I hope their top notch assistants get hired away. Dabo is not a very hirable coach. His "aw shucks" hokey demeanor is eaten up by Clem, but no other program would be a good fit for him.
Can't argue about him being a goober but that goober knows how to hire coaches and recruit talent. The faster he and the rest of them leave the better for us.

Most Clemson fans are like relatives of big lottery winners. You never hear from them when their team is struggling only when things are rich.

Correction - Most FANS are like relatives of big lottery winners. You never hear from them when their team is struggling only when things are rich

You do realize that we had thousands of fans at the Final Four games don't you? Final Four means a lot more than a spring game.

While you may not visit other fan sites, there are plenty who do. But at the same time, 5 of the top 10 posts on this site are about Clemson, and that is true almost any given time. It is the nature of the beast and the "ribbing" is all in good fun. Those who take it seriously and have vile hatred towards people for no other reason other than they pull for a different team need to lighten up.

You do realize that we had thousands of fans at the Final Four games don't you? Final Four means a lot more than a spring game.
Final 4 or not, spring game attendance was bad. So without the final 4, attendance jumps to maybe 18K. Still sucks!

Well...you can return to your site now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT