ADVERTISEMENT

This Burch thing makes our program look...

Completely disagree. It makes Burch look pathetic.
I get where your coming from, but we have gotten so bad, that we are desperate to sign this guy. In the end people will only ever remember if he comes or not. The drama always fades.

Reactions: Churrob
I can understand being undecided about a major life event. So why not just hold yourself out as undecided? Only thing I can think is he was pretty certain he’d eventually go USC but held a small window open for LSU and hasn’t been able to mentally close that window. And if he had already changed his mind surely he wouldn’t continue with the USC appearances even today. Now that I couldn’t understand.

It doesn’t sound like his heart is in it. I do not put this on the coaches. Save face and withdraw the offer and give it to a kid in the program who is dedicated and has worked his ass off and would appreciate this opportunity. This kid seams weak and a diva. Yikes! Run away!!

Just overall bad.
-Commits on signing day but won’t sign so he can sign with his friends.
-Visits LSU out of his own pocket.
-Signs a fake paper/LOI at signing ceremony.
-Doesn’t submit LOI/fake paper.

Highest rated recruit commit since JD. I’d keep the offer but he gets some extra sprints all summer.

I get where your coming from, but we have gotten so bad, that we are desperate to sign this guy. In the end people will only ever remember if he comes or not. The drama always fades.

Don’t think Saban wouldn’t do the same as we are. It’s hard to and maybe career suicide to close the door on such talent. That said, there is a line that must be drawn, where that is, the staff must know. My concern as a fan, this kid could quickly hit the portal if he’s not coddled. In that case, he can go kick rocks.

I don't have a problem with any kid choosing not to commit until he's done his due diligence, but if the kid commits, whether verbal or not, then reneges on said promise .... then I have a problem with that. I actually place more of the blame on the high school coach and the parents or guardians than the player. They should have explained the meaning of the word "commitment" to the youngster, along with that fatherly speech about trust and a man's word being his bond.

Other programs like Alabama and Clemson have enough top level talent coming in that they make it clear to players that commitment to their program means they're done with drama. They can afford to make it clear to them that it is a privilege to play for their programs because they are elite and that there are other fish in the sea just as good as them if they're not going to buy into that commitment. They don't put up with this kind of stuff.

Reactions: boykinlp and coop#
I don't have a problem with any kid choosing not to commit until he's done his due diligence, but if the kid commits, whether verbal or not, then reneges on said promise .... then I have a problem with that. I actually place more of the blame on the high school coach and the parents or guardians than the player. They should have explained the meaning of the word "commitment" to the youngster, along with that fatherly speech about trust and a man's word being his bond.
Well in this case, it seems like his HS coach (Eric Kimrey) was all but shut out of the process. He's claimed to have been in the dark as to what Burch's decision is all along.

It's sad that we are allowing an overrated 17 year old to humiliate us like this. If only muschamp was a boss like Dabo

Burch has humiliated only himself. This is not a reflection on our program in any way whatsoever.

It would be EPIC if there was some coaching solidarity and Orgeron and Muschamp both agreed to rescind their offers to Burch. LSU doesn't need him. We could certainly use him, but d-line isn't nearly our greatest area of need so he wouldn't have been a program-changer.

It's sad that we are allowing an overrated 17 year old to humiliate us like this. If only muschamp was a boss like Dabo

1-zflxw6o8cisq5-MF-N2xyw-zpsvt108azr.jpg

I have to think this only reflects on the player. If anything, this would create more empathy for the program as you have done everything right (recruiting a kid for years, local guy, et al.). There's not much more you could do and most would realize how crappy of a spot this puts you and Muschamp in.

I like a bit of signing day drama and intrigue, but this is just selfish on his part.

FWIW I think he will be a great player wherever he goes. I'm certainly not putting him down for his talent or pretending Clemson wouldn't take him in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
He hasn't flipped.
Yeah, it's looks shady on his part.
But we don't know the full details.

We don't look pathetic at all. We look like we are about to sign one of the top 20 classes in the country.

Far from pathetic.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Pathetic and that is hard to do these days.

Don’t agree at all. Jordan Burch can make his on decision in his own time frame, and not in the time frame outside pressures would like. Why don’t we stand back and honor his space and let him decide where to attend school. It is a decision that will greatly effect the rest of his life.

Reactions: okccock and Wiles2
Don’t agree at all. Jordan Burch can make his on decision in his own time frame, and not in the time frame outside pressures would like. Why don’t we stand back and honor his space and let him decide where to attend school. It is a decision that will greatly effect the rest of his life.

Come on people. Let's quit overhyping the importance of this decision. He's choosing between which free ride to take. Kid's his age stormed Omaha beach.

Come on people. Let's quit overhyping the importance of this decision. He's choosing between which free ride to take. Kid's his age stormed Omaha beach.
What college you want to attend isn't like storming the beaches at Omaha, but it is an important life decision nonetheless.

What college you want to attend isn't like storming the beaches at Omaha, but it is an important life decision nonetheless. Trying to argue otherwise is just silly.

I didn't say it's not important at all, but people hype it up to be monumentally important. It's a decision that deserves careful thought and consideration, but it's not a decision that's forever going to alter the trajectory of his life.

People will have to start getting use to this becoming the norm for elite 5 star prospects (20 per year). kids will continue to commit to schools but will not sign until the deadline to enroll in an effort to keep their options open as long as possible. Considering coaches can resign or move at anytime (see Dantonio), but the kids are bound by LOI, then there are stuck. But there are only a few talented prospects that schools would hold scholarships for until time to enroll. This is just like skipping bowl games, people have to adapt to the changing times. Now the whole fake signing thing was bush league. He should have just said I will wait to sign when I enroll.

Last edited:
Reactions: Surfside Gamecock
I believe if a school has a scholarship still open or held for him, he can wait until the deadline to enroll before signing.
Which sucks because if he doesn't come here, he's keeping a scholly from someone else. These kids need to learn that their actions don't simply affect them. Perhaps a tough example need be set.

Last edited:
D1 and D2 Football (regular period) February 5, 2020 Last Date Division I: April 1, 2020
Something tells me he's going to sign as late as possible. IDK what their deal is, but he and/or mom are really stirring the pot. They won't do interviews because they claim they want their privacy respected. But they're inviting bad publicity by not signing. They appear insincere as if they're holding out for something from either us or LSU. BOOM! was asked by someone at his presser yesterday about "difficult parents" and he just said he recruits everybody, whatever that means.

Which sucks because if he doesn't come here, he's keeping a scholly from someone else. These kids need to learn that their actions don't simply affect them. Maybe a tough example need be set.

+1,000

If he were to have given our coaches the false confidence that he was signing here and ends up going somewhere else, it has far-reaching implications. As you point out, it's a spot some other kid could have used. It's countless hours, time and energy our staff could have put into other pursuits. And so on.

Reactions: jonesz21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT