ADVERTISEMENT

Time we moved on from the X Thomas saga

Willy Hobby leaving Clemson give us an even better chance to get him? I don't keep up with this recruiting stuff and all.

Do we want someone who craves this kind of attention?

Agree. I think this kid is a great player but also think he is over the top with his attention seeking. He will be a good one wherever he goes if the coaches can fix his "look at me" persona.

I hope he commits but in this day and age you don't know till the ink is dry.

Plus, his generation has no concept of the term 'commitment'.. they are only as steady as the mood they happen to be in that particular day.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Do we want someone who craves this kind of attention?

Absolutely! I would take ten of him on our defense. He would be a big part of bringing a dominant defense back to Columbia. Just because he is on twitter talking about this it doesn't mean he is seeking attention. Most teenagers would do the same thing. In a way this reduces the amount of attention he receives. Can you imagine how many people are bugging him on a daily basis about his future? This lets everyone know where he stands.

Reactions: Scuba_do
A MUST GET!!!!
If for no other reason, we get a top 3 nationally ranked guy. This serves notice to our inbred friends in the upstate.
National coverage. Priceless.

#3 overall 2018 Rivals Ranking, #1 DE 2018 Rivals Ranking, we are in desperate need of players that will press opposing QB's.......YOU DAMN RIGHT we need a player that craves this type of attention. Put the full court press on this young man. Roll out the red carpet, and whatever else it takes. We are not Alabama! We do not have the prestige and multiple national championships that can talk for us.

I have meet him at a function you wouldn't expect, but he was there doing doing something nice for a younger sibling, he is respectful (Yes sir), intelligent, doesn't give to much away, loves his state, speaks highly of both schools, and lights up when you talk about the game its self.

He has been under the spotlight for a few years and is handling the process very well imho, for a person his age.

He will be a top 5 pick in the draft if he stays healthy, is my guess, true passion for the game.

Last edited:
XT is following our class as close as any one, when he found out Williams was seeing dawgs 2 weeks in a row, this was a tweet that was quickly deleted. Just as he is the Clemson coaches leaving.

attachment.php

I didn't say either of those things. Based on your deflection and use of straw man arguments, I think it's safe to assume you're one of those clemson fans who never set foot in a classroom.

No he's just another red neck tater that can't face the reality of how a top rated payer could possibly be considering coming to USC over his precious taters. He is already making excuses for if the the inevitable comes to fruition.

Last edited:
I hope he commits but in this day and age you don't know till the ink is dry.

Plus, his generation has no concept of the term 'commitment'.. they are only as steady as the mood they happen to be in that particular day.

This comment about commitment is so short sighted. Yes, it does not hold the way it should but that is a two way street and these programs screw kids just as much as the kids screw the programs. Coaches changing jobs the day after signing day. Scholarships being pulled from commits, sometime at the last moment because something shinier came along. That is no different than a recruit pulling back when a bigger program calls. And nothing in my mind is worse that kids getting "processed" out of the program because numbers were tight and he did not live up to whatever expectation there was for him. I bet Clemson holds this offense lineman hostage that is transferring out keeping him from going to other schools just like Saban does.

Kids should hold commitments they make and so should schools.

Yeah. He tweeted that it will "definitely effect his recruitment". Wouldn't surprise me if he goes either way still
Have you noticed the Clemson fans who blast him on there for every little thing he says. How could anyone want to play for those types of fans? I understand it's not all about the fans but damn, they're ridiculous.

This comment about commitment is so short sighted. Yes, it does not hold the way it should but that is a two way street and these programs screw kids just as much as the kids screw the programs. Coaches changing jobs the day after signing day. Scholarships being pulled from commits, sometime at the last moment because something shinier came along. That is no different than a recruit pulling back when a bigger program calls. And nothing in my mind is worse that kids getting "processed" out of the program because numbers were tight and he did not live up to whatever expectation there was for him. I bet Clemson holds this offense lineman hostage that is transferring out keeping him from going to other schools just like Saban does.

Kids should hold commitments they make and so should schools.

Great post..I would also add that the vast majority of kids still honor their commitment...It's the few that renege that get all the news coverage...It's usually the high profile recruits that have several grown men with multi million dollar salaries in their living rooms trying to persuade 17 yr old kids to renege on a promise...Say what you will about the kids...But the whole process stinks...One would think the coaches would voluntarily adopt some respect for verbal commitments...But they never have...

Reactions: JSpears5
Great post..I would also add that the vast majority of kids still honor their commitment...It's the few that renege that get all the news coverage...It's usually the high profile recruits that have several grown men with multi million dollar salaries in their living rooms trying to persuade 17 yr old kids to renege on a promise...Say what you will about the kids...But the whole process stinks...One would think the coaches would voluntarily adopt some respect for verbal commitments...But they never have...

Remember when Urban got to OSU and started to recruit committed players from other B1G schools and all the conference coach got so upset. Be basis glanced in their direction and started laughing. He has run that conference ever since

Reactions: lawcalcock
Remember when Urban got to OSU and started to recruit committed players from other B1G schools and all the conference coach got so upset. Be basis glanced in their direction and started laughing. He has run that conference ever since
Exactly there is no integrity or honor in the process by any of the coaches...How can you be a leader of men if the first thing you try to do is persuade a kid to break a promise...I know all coaches do it...But its just wrong

You're an idiot. Our defensive staff has definitely proven they can develop talent, but they haven't been here long enough to develop players with less talent. In case you forgot, Champ, Robertson, and co have been successful coaches as coordinators and position coaches. Don't be a baby about it, you know good and well Clemson likes show off players too. Remember swag Kelly you guys recruited,....bellamy? Y'all remember recruiting Clowney and Swearinger? Revisionist history is strong at Clemson

Guess he forgot about "I LUUUUUUVE you Clowney."

I got no idea why these guys are over here other than maybe we have a free board and the Taters dont...??. Great for them and their NC.....Can't take it away. It does prove smaller state schools can win it all. We finished what....3rd Clowneys last year..? It within reach for us.

Agree. I think this kid is a great player but also think he is over the top with his attention seeking. He will be a good one wherever he goes if the coaches can fix his "look at me" persona.

Not be a smart ass, but what makes you think he has a "look at me' attitude? Seems to me, the media and fans are desperately trying to get news from him that they print everything he says, then we dissect every statement he makes like it is a key to solving world peace. we need to remember he is a 16 or 17 yr old kid. He probably would be shocked if he knew how grown men read so much into the off hand comments he makes.

Reactions: GamecockJL
Absolutely! I would take ten of him on our defense. He would be a big part of bringing a dominant defense back to Columbia. Just because he is on twitter talking about this it doesn't mean he is seeking attention. Most teenagers would do the same thing. In a way this reduces the amount of attention he receives. Can you imagine how many people are bugging him on a daily basis about his future? This lets everyone know where he stands.
Success Breeds Success!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT