ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal pickups

From his interviews I think this might have been the bone of contention for him with the NC State staff. He said he wanted to play with his hand on the ground and they suggested he look elsewhere which would lead one to believe they wanted him to try and convert to more of a LB. Interested to see what Day and Lindsey can do.
Lindsey won't be coaching him unless we turn the edges over to him and change coaching responsibilities WTH the new hire.

I think portal players will have to be regarded as quick fixes. Hopefully there will be pleasant surprises along the way. What fans have to accept is that programs like ours will have to mine that resource more so than the upper tier programs. It's just where we are.
yes mostly, i know we have at least a couple that still have 3 years left, and we also were able to see what kind of player they were before getting them... i think Beamer has been able to improve the roster immensely with the transfers. this will make it easier to become relevant again quicker while young players get bigger and stronger

Very much so. 2-8 = LOTS of open STARTING spots.
How many players do you see transferring into Alabama?
Why is this hard to understand?
I haven't commented on this off season's progress yet. I'm talking about what was done the first 365 days.

and I don't know anything about the NC State kid pickup we just got....but I like it nonetheless. Doeren does a great job up there, and has high character guys all over his program. To me- that's a great bet. Who knows why he's leaving. Maybe his recruiter/coach he liked the most left for another job. Maybe he's behind a future 1st round guy. A change of scenary guy from p5/g5 team is just a safer gamble to me because those siutations are more likely a reason a guy would transfer.
You serious Clarke? #2

Number 7 pass defense by yardage in CFB. You think that's possible with only one good DB? DJU had a 40.8 passer rating against us. The only teams you listed that threw for more than 200 yards were Tennessee and Georgia and they did that to EVERYONE. Know what you're talking about when you come at me, schmuck, because what you're complaining about is the run defense.

Edit: I have to correct myself, Florida threw for more because we let them pass to focus on the run. Vandy had 206 so they barely cleared it.
Lmao....”know what you’re talking about when coming at you”?
B-boy-....one does not have to pass if one does not need to.
a&m and Tennessee wanted to...how’d that turn out. Try all the revisionist history you want...but if you were either present or watched Carolina games this year you realize what the scores, weaknesses and results were.
so I guess since you corrected yourself, your first personality doesn’t know sh!t. Glad your second personality helped you prove yourself wrong.

You serious Clarke? #2
Uhhh yea. We got no legit P5 transfers last year ...which was puzzling since you had a first year staff (fresh slate for guys from other programs), big time conference, every spot wide open for the taking...why in the world wouldnt we be a targeted place? Looking better this past month.

Lmao....”know what you’re talking about when coming at you”?
B-boy-....one does not have to pass if one does not need to.
a&m and Tennessee wanted to...how’d that turn out. Try all the revisionist history you want...but if you were either present or watched Carolina games this year you realize what the scores, weaknesses and results were.
so I guess since you corrected yourself, your first personality doesn’t know sh!t. Glad your second personality helped you prove yourself wrong.
K, Platel had a PFF grade over 90 4 games in, can't find a rating for the whole year, you're still wrong.

Uhhh yea. We got no legit P5 transfers last year ...which was puzzling since you had a first year staff (fresh slate for guys from other programs), big time conference, every spot wide open for the taking...why in the world wouldnt we be a targeted place? Looking better this past month.
Very likely because the previous years we sank from 4 wins to 2 wins.

Quite frankly, your crap is getting old and tiresome. You adopt a posting name knocked off of one of our former players, hoping some people will think you’re actually Rob.

And you whine and complain nonstop.

It’s sad. It doesn’t matter what CSB does to improve the team, you’re going to gripe about it.

You and a handful of posters here are going to have a stroke if CSB keeps improving the program. The clown from Alaska and Watson have all but disappeared lately.

Platel.. Spaulding? WTH are you talking about?
I was as surprised and happy as anybody about J. Foster's efforts....and that ONE that found us had a great year for sure.
But....all those guys played against A&M, Tennessee, Georgia, Clemson, Missouri too.
I know you've been a fan for a solid year now...but things are a little harder in the SEC than they appeared this year. We had WAY BETTER DBs for the last 20 years that have struggled with a normal SEC slate. It will be back next year...and we will need guys that can compete on this level.
31-0 vs. A&M and 38-7 vs. Tennessee isn't exactly competing.

Who is to blame? It's never Beamer and Staff's fault. It's not the players. Is the band culpable?
We had the the 2nd ranked passing defense in the SEC. That’s the best we done in that area in a while in that aspect.

It’s sad. It doesn’t matter what CSB does to improve the team, you’re going to gripe about it.

You and a handful of posters here are going to have a stroke if CSB keeps improving the program. The clown from Alaska and Watson have all but disappeared lately.

Let's see if these transfers actually improve the team. So far the only real big pickup has been Rattler. The rest are either backups or from smaller programs.

Everyone got excited about the transfers last year and we didn't get much out of them.

Let's see if these transfers actually improve the team. So far the only real big pickup has been Rattler. The rest are either backups or from smaller programs.

Everyone got excited about the transfers last year and we didn't get much out of them.
Why don’t we see what the transfers do while you continue to do whatever it us you do. How about that
You are well known as the biggest joke on this board and sorry if it’s not anything to do with you being “ a realist “ . Mainly because no one wants you here

Why don’t we see what the transfers do while you continue to do whatever it us you do. How about that
You are well known as the biggest joke on this board and sorry if it’s not anything to do with you being “ a realist “ . Mainly because no one wants you here
You're welcome to put me on ignore and not respond to my posts if you don't like them.

Very likely because the previous years we sank from 4 wins to 2 wins.

Quite frankly, your crap is getting old and tiresome. You adopt a posting name knocked off of one of our former players, hoping some people will think you’re actually Rob.

And you whine and complain nonstop.

Have you read this post, idiot? You have seen my positivity about the P5/G5 players we've signed recently. I like all 3 of the guys they've brought in the last 2 weeks.

Still makes zero sense that we had every position open at a great university with all the opportunity in the world available to transfer portals to come in and play immediately /start.....and they didn't. What is whining about that? I want it fixed. It looks like MAYBE it is being fixed in the last month. They've changed something from now vs. what they were doing a year ago this time. It's sad to me that you can't read.

We had the the 2nd ranked passing defense in the SEC. That’s the best we done in that area in a while in that aspect.
who do yall think you're kidding with this BS? What were we 11th-12th in rush defense? I'm not asking you to be a former coach to know that if an SEC team can run the ball and not have to Pass....they're gonna do that 99% of the time (Leach won't).
More misleading info spread about.

Reactions: Macc Maine

I love Stogner. He's a legit player. I understand what you're saying though, too, and agree. BUT....you have to pick up some guys these days in the portal. At least they're P5/G5 guys who have proven they can carry the workload on the field. That's a great start.
I actually like our offensive starting one deep right now. I know we're a little weak at explosion / speed at WR but I'm hoping this Wells is a fast/quick guy. We need an Ace Sanders, Eddie Miller, Robert Brooks in the worst way right now.
Oh...for all you S. Beamer > South Carolina "fans"....those are some of our best WRs ever....and all were either 5'9 or 180 lbs. dripping wet but were studs.
Also- we can legit play some 22 or 12/13 personnel now with Stogner....and Bell being a perfect hybrid to find the mismatch with.

...Spencer Rattler is considered a better prospect than Jason Brown. Expectations, bets and liklihood is that Rattler will outperform Brown's efforts.

I applaud Brown's effort and gritty performance, but you make it sound like he was some great QB for us. I sure as hell hope he does, if not he'll be battling Doty for the start.

Reactions: Joe MorrisonLives
I don't understand why/how other major University football program transfers keep eluding the USC football program. We mine the h#Ll out of players from conferences and schools that require a shadow of the responsibilities, pressure, talent and work required to play in the SEC. We have two guys (both OU guys) we recently landed. With well over 700 G5/P5 players in the portal within the last year...it worries me that we have not had more interest or ability to land these guys. Of course there are diamonds in the rough, overlooked guys, etc in lower levels of play....but the G5/P5 guys 'typically' are more well-equipped and ready to step in and compete/make the football better.
For the Sunshine Pumpers who will defend the south atlantic and colonial league conferences as being eaten up with talent....and everyone we take from there as being a top notch grab - you can't be serious. e.g.- Spencer Rattler is considered a better prospect than Jason Brown. Expectations, bets and liklihood is that Rattler will outperform Brown's efforts. What is USC 'not' doing to miss landing more of these G5/P5 players...and what can the staff/program improve upon to grab more of them?
how long have you been an idiot?

Have you read this post, idiot? You have seen my positivity about the P5/G5 players we've signed recently. I like all 3 of the guys they've brought in the last 2 weeks.

Still makes zero sense that we had every position open at a great university with all the opportunity in the world available to transfer portals to come in and play immediately /start.....and they didn't. What is whining about that? I want it fixed. It looks like MAYBE it is being fixed in the last month. They've changed something from now vs. what they were doing a year ago this time. It's sad to me that you can't read.
What are you doing to help? How much of your hard earned $ have you invested in garnet trust or gamecock club? You seems to think we have unlimited resources. But we don’t. And we never will. We have decent at best resources $$$ and unless folks like you stop bitching online and pony up it won’t change.

You need to find a new team to bitch about. The UConn football team needs you. Don't let the door hit you.....

who do yall think you're kidding with this BS? What were we 11th-12th in rush defense? I'm not asking you to be a former coach to know that if an SEC team can run the ball and not have to Pass....they're gonna do that 99% of the time (Leach won't).
With that being said we beat Auburn and Florida because they couldn’t throw the ball once we stop the run.

With that being said we beat Auburn and Florida because they couldn’t throw the ball once we stop the run.
A lot of the times we weren’t the best rushing defense and part of that had to do with the defense being on the field longer than the offense. How many 3 and outs did we have? On the other hand when we were in games that we were competitive in the opposing team still didn’t have much success throwing the ball on us even when they tried. We weren’t as bad as you would like to think. If our rushing defense was as bad as you think we wouldn’t have 7 wins right now.

A lot of the times we weren’t the best rushing defense and part of that had to do with the defense being on the field longer than the offense. How many 3 and outs did we have? On the other hand when we were in games that we were competitive in the opposing team still didn’t have much success throwing the ball on us even when they tried. We weren’t as bad as you would like to think. If our rushing defense was as bad as you think we wouldn’t have 7 wins right now.
And UNC was the 2nd best rushing team in the ACC and they had one big run on us and didn’t do much after that. They tried passing on us and didn’t have much success with that either. So we should start putting thing in a better perspective.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Never mind that a coach worth their salt would evaluate tape of our pass defense instead of looking up rush statistics, but what did the 13th or 14th rush defense rate against the pass.

Let's appreciate Brown's efforts and meager contributions while keeping his actual abilities in perspective. Can people do that?
I think what he was saying is that if he's only oh so much better than Brown then he probably wouldn't even beat out Doty, and I like Doty, but Rattler should take the job. This guy is just saying this optimistic analysis of Brown and lukewarm one of Rattler is way off base. The dude overrating Brown is the problem.

Um I suggest you do some research on Stogner and the RB out of Wake also it wouldnt hurt for you to peruse a NFL roster and see the schools a ton of players came out of.

Um I suggest you do some research on Stogner and the RB out of Wake also it wouldnt hurt for you to peruse a NFL roster and see the schools a ton of players came out of.

Stogner was a backup, but I guess you could argue the RB out of Wake was a starter but he pretty much split reps with two other RBs more than a traditional starting RB would.

Stogner was a backup, but I guess you could argue the RB out of Wake was a starter but he pretty much split reps with two other RBs more than a traditional starting RB would.
Wake running back led the team in Rushing the last 2 years and Stogner was Second Team All Big 12 and was the 3rd leading receiver on the team. Thats not backup material. Do you homework.

I think what he was saying is that if he's only oh so much better than Brown then he probably wouldn't even beat out Doty, and I like Doty, but Rattler should take the job. This guy is just saying this optimistic analysis of Brown and lukewarm one of Rattler is way off base. The dude overrating Brown is the problem.
To be fair, the coaches need to have the QBs try out for the position and not anoint Rattler from the get-go.

Was re-reading Roundball Culture over the weekend. When Tom Boswell xferred to USC from SC State for the 1974-75 season, he was positioned to be a starting forward, taking Mark Greiner's (yes, Grayson's father) position without any competition for the role Greiner had held. Bos may very well have won it (and Greiner would have been okay with losing it through competition), but it created bad vibes on the team without the competition.

If Rattler is that good, it'll become apparent quickly.

King Ward and other historians, please correct me if I got any of this wrong re: the 1974-75 basketball team.

JuCos could be the ones that really start to lose out here. The main argument against them is that they can't get up to the speed with the Division I game in time to make an impact - there's definitely a steep learning curve, especially if you only have two years. But now you can get kids where you know exactly how they'll fare in Division I because you've got the tape of them doing it.
I will take another Duce Staley WR from juco anyday

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT