ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal pickups

Wake running back led the team in Rushing the last 2 years and Stogner was Second Team All Big 12 and was the 3rd leading receiver on the team. Thats not backup material. Do you homework.

So the 1st team TE AND the 2nd team TE are from the SAME team?

4) Poor fit. May not be a good teammate. Beamer wants student athletes who enhance the team culture.
(5) or think they are better than they are and believe they are getting a raw deal and should be playing.
Did I just see that Alabama has 7 players entering the transfer portal?

To be fair, the coaches need to have the QBs try out for the position and not anoint Rattler from the get-go.

Was re-reading Roundball Culture over the weekend. When Tom Boswell xferred to USC from SC State for the 1974-75 season, he was positioned to be a starting forward, taking Mark Greiner's (yes, Grayson's father) position without any competition for the role Greiner had held. Bos may very well have won it (and Greiner would have been okay with losing it through competition), but it created bad vibes on the team without the competition.

If Rattler is that good, it'll become apparent quickly.

King Ward and other historians, please correct me if I got any of this wrong re: the 1974-75 basketball team.
I in no way have thought there wouldn't be a competition.

Reactions: atl-cock
(5) or think they are better than they are and believe they are getting a raw deal and should be playing.
Did I just see that Alabama has 7 players entering the transfer portal?
Yeah, 7 from Bama and 2 from UGA.

I applaud Brown's effort and gritty performance, but you make it sound like he was some great QB for us. I sure as hell hope he does, if not he'll be battling Doty for the start.
LOL...no. I, too, appreciate his efforts. But - he has no business in our program if we're trying to be competitive. On this board for the last year....many have championed him and crowned him some great QB. He wasn't a great QB....but definitely did better than I thought. The A&M start was not ideal for sure.

If you look at our QB numbers....they were all very similar. He had to play in two very tough games....and three games that were favorable (considering the status of the teams at that point in the season their issues).

What are you doing to help? How much of your hard earned $ have you invested in garnet trust or gamecock club? You seems to think we have unlimited resources. But we don’t. And we never will. We have decent at best resources $$$ and unless folks like you stop bitching online and pony up it won’t change.
SMH. Good lord. Well...we talk about the football program on here...the players, coaches, admin...the whole deal. I would assume I do as much as 95% of our fanbase does. I've been a member on this site (dating back to border wars) since 99, fan since the early 80s and I have no idea how much $ I've spent over those years on Gamecock-related anything. I think I've donated plenty...as many that are on this site for longer than the last year probably have.

SMH. Good lord. Well...we talk about the football program on here...the players, coaches, admin...the whole deal. I would assume I do as much as 95% of our fanbase does. I've been a member on this site (dating back to border wars) since 99, fan since the early 80s and I have no idea how much $ I've spent over those years on Gamecock-related anything. I think I've donated plenty...as many that are on this site for longer than the last year probably have.
Good deflection! Chewing the cud on here gets nothing done in our football program. So keep up the good work!

A second-team All-Big 12 selection by AP … an Academic All-Big 12 First Team honoree … played in eight games and made four starts … missed last two regular season contests and Big 12 Championship vs. No. 8 Iowa State due to injury … ranked third on team with 26 receptions and 422 receiving yards (16.2 average) ... recorded three touchdown receptions … had one catch for 12 yards in Cotton Bowl win over No. 10 Florida (12/30) ... caught three passes for 75 yards and a touchdown vs. Kansas (11/7) … logged three receptions for 77 yards and a score at Texas Tech (10/31) … made six catches for 56 yards with a touchdown reception in first overtime vs. No. 22 Texas (10/10) … tallied 74 yards on five catches at Iowa State (10/3) … registered a career-high 83 yards on five receptions vs. Kansas State (9/26).

There ya go Karen

Reactions: Joe MorrisonLives
A second-team All-Big 12 selection by AP … an Academic All-Big 12 First Team honoree … played in eight games and made four starts … missed last two regular season contests and Big 12 Championship vs. No. 8 Iowa State due to injury … ranked third on team with 26 receptions and 422 receiving yards (16.2 average) ... recorded three touchdown receptions … had one catch for 12 yards in Cotton Bowl win over No. 10 Florida (12/30) ... caught three passes for 75 yards and a touchdown vs. Kansas (11/7) … logged three receptions for 77 yards and a score at Texas Tech (10/31) … made six catches for 56 yards with a touchdown reception in first overtime vs. No. 22 Texas (10/10) … tallied 74 yards on five catches at Iowa State (10/3) … registered a career-high 83 yards on five receptions vs. Kansas State (9/26).

There ya go Karen
There is a reason you're having to go back to 2020 instead of 2021.

Because he was recovering from an illness that almost killed him and caused him to lose a crap load of muscle which matters when playing D1 football, is that the reason you were referring to?

So you’re saying he wasn’t performing at the same level as the year prior?

thank you

So you’re saying he wasn’t performing at the same level as the year prior?

thank you
I'm saying it was for transient reasons. He didn't blow out a knee that might not had come back. He just needs to build the muscle back up with nutrition and S&C, it's not like a staph infection changed his genes or destroyed nerves, ligaments, muscle or joints. It ain't anything scarred or damaged just some atrophied muscle.

I'm saying it was for transient reasons. He didn't blow out a knee that might not had come back. He just needs to build the muscle back up with nutrition and S&C, it's not like a staph infection changed his genes or destroyed nerves, ligaments, muscle or joints. It ain't anything scarred or damaged just some atrophied muscle.
Dont dash his hopes that Stogner wont recover Joe.

Have you read this post, idiot? You have seen my positivity about the P5/G5 players we've signed recently. I like all 3 of the guys they've brought in the last 2 weeks.

Still makes zero sense that we had every position open at a great university with all the opportunity in the world available to transfer portals to come in and play immediately /start.....and they didn't. What is whining about that? I want it fixed. It looks like MAYBE it is being fixed in the last month. They've changed something from now vs. what they were doing a year ago this time. It's sad to me that you can't read.
Gee, calling me an idiot....pretty harsh words from someone pretending to be Rob.

Shocking that you can’t see any difference between now and last year. You don’t understand that high level guys weren’t chomping at the bit last year to transfer to a struggling program that had just fired the HBC after sinking from four wins to two?

And you’re calling ME an idiot?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT