ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Thread 2024

Which one got paid more to stay? Nick E or pup?
Nick.

But I’m not sure if it was Nick E or Nyck H.

I’d assume Nick E. Which blows my mind. This guy had absolutely zero offers from anyone big, out of High School. He had one good season and has been average after.

Charlotte, Richmond and Georgia Southern

Also, I was looking at that class. 13 out of 22 High School players have left.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lurker123
Especially considering Pup was Beamer's biggest fan during the recruiting cycle. If he's lost faith in the coaching staff, that's a big statement.

Yeah, there's a few options, including that he's jumping a sinking ship. There's also the idea that he might just be chasing money, or even want to play for a team that wins more.

My unsustainability comment though was more about the money side. I wonder when we'll start to see pushback from people not wanting to spend money for a short term investment that can leave again so quickly.

Edit: And by "people", I mean the ones putting serious money in. Not the small guy, or the people that pretend to give money so they can virtue signal on a message board.

Last edited:
Hard to compete when you’re filling 30-40 percent of your roster every year. The schedule next year and so many new faces on the team doesn’t look good for the gamecocks I’m afraid.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Hard to compete when you’re filling 30-40 percent of your roster every year. The schedule next year and so many new faces on the team doesn’t look good for the gamecocks I’m afraid.

Is it us or our coaching staff that’s causing it?

Probably some of both I’d guess. Gamecocks are not competing for championships anytime soon and so might as well get as much $$ as possible.

Is it us or our coaching staff that’s causing it?
Yep, some of the comments that I've seen on social media, make you wonder why a kid would want to come and play here! Sure it hurts, but we don't know the entire story, so why speculate and make our fan base look like a bunch of petulant children, why not take the high road and move on?

Yep, some of the comments that I've seen on social media, make you wonder why a kid would want to come and play here! Sure it hurts, but we don't know the entire story, so why speculate and make our fan base look like a bunch of petulant children, why not take the high road and move on?
I think it has more to do with faith in the coaching staff.

Reactions: cockofdawn
It does make you wonder what will happen. This seems really unsustainable.
You are right

It is unsustainable

For those with out the desire and money to pay

But eventually those shelling out extra money or creating NILs “for their businesses to succeed “ will realize the lack of ROI

Then it really crashes and we will have two leagues

1. Money Ball and 2. College Football-old school

I want the second option

Reactions: Lurker123

This line is deeply concerning if true

Talent evaluation can be subjective in nature," Gittens prefaced before saying, "Hugh Freeze did not feel like Robby Ashford was an SEC caliber QB but Shane Beamer does. Not only does he believe that but the thinking inside the building is that he will be the best QB in the room once he steps on campus. I think it’s his job to lose. Sure he can lose it but his chances of starting over Doty are good.”

Talent evaluation can be subjective in nature," Gittens prefaced before saying, "Hugh Freeze did not feel like Robby Ashford was an SEC caliber QB but Shane Beamer does. Not only does he believe that but the thinking inside the building is that he will be the best QB in the room once he steps on campus. I think it’s his job to lose. Sure he can lose it but his chances of starting over Doty are good.”
Must be based on Beamer's extensive experience with coaching up top QB talent.

Lmao. Mike Farrell is the guy that said Connor Mitch would be Spurrier’s best QB ever. Give me a break.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT