ADVERTISEMENT

Tweets about Kingston .

Man he had a great voice!
Mike was the Gamecock baseball voice in the early 2000s. I remember listening on weekends in the spring to Mike broadcast the Carolina games on my car radio in my front yard. This was before every game was shown online. Coming from behind to beat Miami in the 02 super regional was an especially memorable broadcast. He could make you feel like you were actually at the ballpark.

He wasn't my first choice, but honestly, the big names we wanted weren't coming here. They are too well established in their current positions/communities, as Heath made the point this afternoon. But to be honest, how does Kingston's current resume differ all that much from Monte's 2 years ago (or even 5 years ago) when folks were clamoring for him? Ray did his due diligence in this search. We'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

This post ^^^^ makes a lot of sense, folks. I'm going to be happy and supportive of coach Kingston's hire.

The word average comes to mind.

QUOTE="Garnet chicken, post: 3389072, member: 1506"]Looking at this info, nothing looks that great. This year was his best overall. Why is everyone bragging on this?[/QUOTE]

Maybe now we can dump that UNCheat Charlotte schrade we've attend recently.

Give the man a chance. I like the fact that he will clean house and reenergize the program.

Go Cocks!!

Welcome Coach Kingston!

Maybe now we can dump that UNCheat Charlotte charade we've attended recently.

Give the man a chance. I like the fact that he will clean house and reenergize the program.

Go Cocks!!

Welcome Coach Kingston!
We don't know what, if any, housecleaning this potential new coach might do.

I hope the Charlotte series continues and we'll be competitive in it.

What kind of research are you referring to?

Season Team Overall Conference Standing Postseason
Illinois State
(Missouri Valley Conference) (2010–2014)
2010 Illinois State 32–24 15–6 T–1st NCAA Regional
2011 Illinois State 36–18 13–8 3rd
2012 Illinois State 33–19 10–9 4th
2013 Illinois State 36–18 16–5 1st
2014 Illinois State 33–22 10–11 5th
Illinois State: 170–101 64–39
South Florida (American Athletic Conference) (2015–present)
2015 South Florida 34–26–1 13–11 T-3rd NCAA Regional
2016 South Florida 24–33 8–16 T-7th
2017 South Florida 42–19 14–10 T-3rd NCAA Regional

Illinois State
- 10 years before Kingston, 2 winning seasons.
- 5 years with Kingston - 5 winnings seasons, 2 conference championships, 1 conf. tournament championship

South Florida
- Prior to Kingston - 0 NCAAs since 2002
- 3 years with Kingston - 2 NCAAs, 40+ wins this year (first 40+ win season at USF since 1994)

The guy knows how to win, now he's getting a chance on a bigger stage at place that actually has tradition and resources. Get on board, or stay home and sulk.

Illinois State
- 5 years with Kingston - 5 winnings seasons, 2 conference championships, 1 conf. tournament championship

South Florida
- 3 years with Kingston - 2 NCAAs, 40+ wins this year (first 40+ win season at USF since 1994)

The guy knows how to win, now he's getting a chance on a bigger stage at place that actually has tradition and resources. Get on board, or stay home and sulk.
FYI, the first regional in 2010 a 32-24 record, the second 34-26 record. This year was the respectable record of 42-19 and finished 3rd in the conference. Be point on with the facts.

Y'all have been 12 times and have averaged one win a trip. Yeah...beat your chest about that. And you only went twice before our first trip in 1975, when we played for the title. In less trips we have more wins than you, have played for the title 6 times, winning 2 titles.
We are part of an elite club of Omaha members that you are not.

Now there you go again, BatGirl, throwing facts around like cold water. Hahaha!

GOCOCKS! BEATNCSTATE!

Maybe now we can dump that UNCheat Charlotte schrade we've attend recently.

Go Cocks!!

Welcome Coach Kingston!
You do realize he is a UNC grad that was Holbrook 's team mate?

I'm in the middle on this one. Good or Bad hire? Well, we have to wait and see. If he hates Clemsux that will be a good start.

Illinois State

South Florida

Nice. :rolleyes:

I'll be glad to give him the benefit of the doubt, like all of our coaches. But honestly, you have to see why some are not excited.
honestly after reading up on the man, i think they need to do the same instead of crying

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT