ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy advances

They knew the rules before they arrived- get a vaccine= avoid trouble. Don’t and you will be tested daily, with positives potentially exposing your entire team to forfeiting games. They chose to believe internet BS instead of taking a very easy step to avoid this. This is 100% on the players and coaches who refused the vaccine.

Whether one individual feels he will get real sick from the virus or not is irrelevant- they risk exposing others on their own teams, players and coaches on other teams, the friends, family, parents and Grandparents of their teammates and opposing teams… Many of whom are not healthy 20 year old D1 athletes. It is a myopic view to look at it as a choice that only affects the individual players. Non-vaccinated people should not be allowed to play team sports at this point. You want to listen to conspiracy theories and believe a safe vaccine is dangerous or simply don’t want to get it because maybe you are scared of needles? Fine. Your choice- stay home and watch the game on TV. I feel for the NC State players who did the right thing and have to suffer for the decisions of those who did not.
Your posts are too long.

Reactions: hillstosea
With what would you replace them?
Lol. That's secondary. First things first. That may take someone smarter than me. I'm sure the Power 5+ could come together on something workable. Be a shame to see the govt involved.

Reactions: redrogers
Lol. That's secondary. First things first. That may take someone smarter than me. I'm sure the Power 5+ could come together on something workable. Be a shame to see the govt involved.
Well, some entity will have to govern intercollegiate athletics and there can't be an interregnum, either. It would have to be seamless.

They knew the rules before they arrived- get a vaccine= avoid trouble. Don’t and you will be tested daily, with positives potentially exposing your entire team to forfeiting games. They chose to believe internet BS instead of taking a very easy step to avoid this. This is 100% on the players and coaches who refused the vaccine.

Whether one individual feels he will get real sick from the virus or not is irrelevant- they risk exposing others on their own teams, players and coaches on other teams, the friends, family, parents and Grandparents of their teammates and opposing teams… Many of whom are not healthy 20 year old D1 athletes. It is a myopic view to look at it as a choice that only affects the individual players. Non-vaccinated people should not be allowed to play team sports at this point. You want to listen to conspiracy theories and believe a safe vaccine is dangerous or simply don’t want to get it because maybe you are scared of needles? Fine. Your choice- stay home and watch the game on TV. I feel for the NC State players who did the right thing and have to suffer for the decisions of those who did not.
Yep the internet bs that the vaccine works...4 were fully vaccinated and still were positive. But way to tow the liberal line

Reactions: Cybercock
Long thread, read most of it. My question is did NC State not have enough players to put on field for a game? If they had 9 I assume they would have played. At least Vandy would have been forced to pitch someone. Texas and Mississippi State are really getting the shaft here.

Reactions: redrogers
Well, some entity will have to govern intercollegiate athletics and there can't be an interregnum, either. It would have to be seamless.
Not sure it necessarly needs governing as a whole but I get your point.

Then this CWS is total BS. Cancel it. Idoits in NCAA made a stupid decision. Play a game with 13 and then all of a sudden no game. Something is fishy here.

Better yet, invite us to play against Vandy. After All Tanner gave Kingston an extension on his contract and might as well make Tanner look good...

What? you're still wearing a mask outside?

This is totally BULL $HIT! COVID is over time to move on...
delta strains not even here yet, but it will be just in time for football season. some european countries and india are reinstating some of the earliest and most stringent protocols due to this newest strain. i expect we will too.

• Haha
Reactions: Cybercock
NCSU players are starting to spill the tea on what actually happened. It's becoming clear that the NCAA did not follow their own protocols in this situation, and the actions they took were clearly in Vandy's favor.

I want to feel sorry for them, but I have little sympathy for the idiots who refused to be vaccinated.

Hope you are correct. What makes you think this? Probably hard to answer without making this political, I understand if so.
I think that, even if variants manifest themselves, the emphasis will be on getting people vaccinated, taking common sense precautions and keeping the economy running. Travel restrictions to and from countries having the worst problems could be enacted, but widespread government-mandated business shutdowns will not be reinstituted. The ripple effects are too grievous to put the country through again this soon. I would also say that every effort will be made to keep schools running. Shutting them down for as long as we did was of questionable benefit, and that's being generous.

Only one unvaccinated player tested positive. And he could have a valid reason why he was not. The other 4 were vaccinated.
This came out at 5:19. It seems that, as a private school, Vanderbilt required all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
I think that, even if variants manifest themselves, the emphasis will be on getting people vaccinated, taking common sense precautions and keeping the economy running. Travel restrictions to and from countries having the worst problems could be enacted, but widespread government-mandated business shutdowns will not be reinstituted. The ripple effects are too grievous to put the country through again this soon. I would also say that every effort will be made to keep schools running. Shutting them down for as long as we did was of questionable benefit, and that's being generous.
I will pray IF we have a similar outbreak in the future that what you posted is accurate and how we as a country handle it. God Bless America.

Those players never would have been tested if everyone had been vaccinated.
Irrelevant. You still have 4 vaccinated players being positive. That could have come from anywhere. Are you implying that vaccinated positives aren't as big a deal as unvaccinated positives?

NCSU players are starting to spill the tea on what actually happened. It's becoming clear that the NCAA did not follow their own protocols in this situation, and the actions they took were clearly in Vandy's favor.

This. If Vanderbilt wins it should get an asterisk. Vandy's coach managed to lobby for them to test additional NC State players, i.e the vaccinated. I can't imagine how an opposing coach would ever be allowed even to comment on that decision much less assist in making it.

Those players never would have been tested if everyone had been vaccinated.
tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT