ADVERTISEMENT

War on Hydroxychloroquine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Trump said something in February that bothers you? Why is it that what Fauci said in February not bother you? Why is it that what Pelosi said in Early March encouraging people to go to Chinatown in San Francisco and celebrate not bother you? Why is it that what De Blasio said in February, minimizing the effects of the virus not bother you? Bias!!
Why won't Rollerdude answer these questions. Rollerdude, please answer SOSs questions.

Reactions: SOSUSC
I think I'm going to go with the No. 1 ranked expert in the world on communicable disease, Didier Raoult. His latest study of 1061 patients finding: "The HCQ-AZ combination, when started immediately after diagnosis,is a safe and efficient treatment for COVID-19, with a mortality rate of 0.5% in older patients. It avoids worsening and clears virus persistence and contagiosity in most cases."

http://expertscape.com/ex/communicable+diseases

You really need to read critically

Joint ISAC and Elsevier statement on Gautret et al. paper [PMID 32205204]

The use of chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine as a potential prevention or treatment for COVID-19 has been reported anecdotally but there is currently no large-scale data available on its safety and efficacy for this use. The WHO has included chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine as one of four drugs to be evaluated in the SOLIDARITY mega-trial.

The paper entitled “Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment of COVID-19: results of an open-label non-randomized clinical trial” (Gautret P et al. PMID 32205204) reports a small-scale trial of hydroxychloroquine as a potential treatment for COVID-19.

Concerns have been raised regarding the content, the ethical approval of the trial and the process that this paper underwent to be published within International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents.

In response, we want to clarify that the journal’s standard peer review process was followed in the publication of this paper. To minimize potential bias, as one of the paper’s authors is the Editor in Chief of the journal, the Editor in Chief was not involved in the peer review of the manuscript, and that following the established standard process, the manuscript's peer-review was delegated to an Associate Editor.

At present, additional independent peer review is ongoing to ascertain whether concerns about the research content of the paper have merit. Given this process of post-publication assessment is on-going, it would be premature to comment at this time. The study authors have been contacted and asked to address the concerns. Depending on the nature of their response, a correction to the scientific record may be considered in accordance with the policies of Elsevier and the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE): https://www.elsevier.com/editors/perk/corrections-to-the-record.

Source : https://www.isac.world/news-and-publications/official-isac-statement

ranked? Who ranks them? rivals? You can stick with it if you like but the study is flawed.

Did you know the paper that appears to have triggered the Trump administration's obsession with hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for infection with the novel coronavirus has received a statement of concern from the society that publishes the journal in which the work appeared? https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/928336

h
ere it is -According to a statement issued April 3 by the International Society of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (ISAC), the vanguard study cited by Trump and others in their endorsement of hydroxychloroquine “does not meet the Society’s expected standard, especially relating to the lack of better explanations of the inclusion criteria and the triage of patients to ensure patient safety.”
https://www.the-scientist.com/news-...concerned-over-hydroxychloroquine-study-67405

So argue with them, not me.

I’ve already posted an article explaining the problems with that study and the reasons why other medical experts want proper testing. I’ll post it again.

This article describes why that study was so flawed https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/06/hydroxychloroquine-trump-coronavirus-drug

here are the specific reasons why that study was flawed and misreported on Fox News and talk radio

The treatment group and the control group were drawn from separate populations: the treatment group were all patients at the institution where the researchers worked, the Méditerranée Infection University Hospital Institute in Marseille, while the control patients came from other hospitals in the south of France.

The treatment group (mean age 51.2) was significantly older than the control group (mean age 37.3), introducing another variable that could undermine the meaning of the results. The study was “open label”, meaning the physicians and patients knew which treatment they were receiving. The French researchers also treated some but not all of the treatment group patients with azithromycin, a common antibiotic, another complicating factor that was not randomized.

But even more important than these shortcomings in the design of the study is how the researchers chose to measure and report their results. Forty-two patients were initially included in the study. Three were transferred to the intensive care unit; one died, one left the hospital, and one stopped taking the treatment due to nausea. The other 36 eventually recovered, and those who received the drug cleared the virus from the system faster than those who did not.

If you had only heard about this study from the Fox News assertion of a “100% cure rate”, you might assume that the four patients with poor clinical outcomes (the three ICU visits and one death) had been unlucky enough to be in the group that did not receive the “cure”.

And yet, those four patients, as well as the patient with nausea and the one who left the hospital early, were all part of the treatment group. They were excluded from the topline results of the study because of the way that the researchers chose to measure and report the results: strictly based on the measurable presence of viruses in nasal swabs taken each day of the study. Since the patients were in the ICU or dead, their samples could not be taken and they were left out of the final analysis. Based on the nasal swabs of just the 36 patients who completed the study, those who received the drug cleared the virus from their systems faster than those who did not.
Expertscape ranks physicians world wide across a range of medical specialties. It helps people track down the best doctors for second opinions. I provided the link. And yes I think I will stick with his findings above anyone else’s that you have mentioned. Communicable diseases is his lifes work and he is rated the best in his field.

You are not referring to the 1061 patient study that was released yesterday you were referring to an older 80 patient study. At least do a modicum of investigation before dismissing others contributions.

So you are willing to take HCL on your death bed, but you keep saying it is unproven. Hypocritical?

I say, Unproven, yes in the conventional sense. Fauci is a highly respected infection disease expert, highly cited etc. there are others as good as he is or better willing to give HCL a chance, understanding that there is a lack of time to run your regular controls. Is your militancy against the drug related to the fact that Trump put it out there?

Looks like the evidence that is being gathered backs Trump’s observation about HCL.

On the other hand, if this crisis can be kept going and the Lefties are able to talk down the drug all the way to November that might give Biden the lift he needs. Also a boon to the lefties is that the economy can be tanked in the process. You counting on that?

1). Of course it’s not hypocritical. If someone is dying and a medical doctor wants to try something, anything, I’m ok with it. It doesn’t mean I expect- or will predict- a cure.

HOWEVER, that is different than advocating for a therapy that lacks scientific proof - yet.

2. The drug is currently used for compassionate care. It’s not as if it’s not being used. It is clearly being used. So your concern for time for testing is nonsense. We can do both.

3. “Looks like the evidence that is being gathered backs Trump’s observation about HCL.”. - That you belong to a cult doesn’t excuse everyone else from having common sense. That is why proper testing is needed.

“Many U.S. hospitals are currently using hydroxychloroquine as first-line therapy for hospitalized patients with COVID-19 despite extremely limited clinical data supporting its effectiveness,” said Wesley Self, M.D., M.P.H., emergency medicine physician at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and PETAL Clinical Trials Network investigator leading the ORCHID trial. “Thus, data on hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of COVID-19 are urgently needed to inform clinical practice.”

Last edited:
Expertscape ranks physicians world wide across a range of medical specialties. It helps people track down the best doctors for second opinions. I provided the link. And yes I think I will stick with his findings above anyone else’s that you have mentioned. Communicable diseases is his lifes work and he is rated the best in his field.

You are not referring to the 1061 patient study that was released yesterday you were referring to an older 80 patient study. At least do a modicum of investigation before dismissing others contributions.

The study yesterday is not peer reviewed. So far, all we have to go on is his word. Sorry. That doesn’t cut it.

His earlier study was full of problems and doctors in France tried to replicate it -and failed.

Your #1 expert has a lot of work to do. I hope he’s right. But trusting his study is another matter yet to be realized.

Last edited:
Any resident leftist want to explain this war on Hydroxychloroquine? Is it because two democrats OD’d on fish tank cleaner? Hit piece after hit piece on this drug. I’ve never seen anything quite this partisan, especially about something that’s potentially life saving. Almost like the elites need a new drug(more expensive) to profit off of, considering Hydroxychloroquine is very cheap.

If you’re on your death bed, own trump by refusing the number one drug for this virus.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/hydroxychloroquine-most-effective-coronavirus-treatment-poll/

2d4rc3.jpg

Reactions: SorryPeasants
Why won't Rollerdude answer these questions. Rollerdude, please answer SOSs questions.
I'm asking you to answer these questions. Will you, for me, please? The post applied to you too in my opinion

I'm asking you to answer these questions. Will you, for me, please? The post applied to you too in my opinion

It didn’t apply to me at all. I’ve already said De Blaiso was wrong, what he said was stupid. Why would I answer for something I didn’t even say? I didn’t make those comparisons in that post.

sorry, I’m not answering for someone else’s post regarding things they said. That makes no sense.

The study yesterday is not peer reviewed. So far, all we have to go on is his word. Sorry. That doesn’t cut it.

His earlier study was full of problems and doctors in France tried to replicate it -and failed.

Your #1 expert has a lot of work to do. I hope he’s right. But trusting his study is another matter yet to be realized.
Not my #1 expert, the worlds #1 expert. I’ll trust his study of over 1,000 patients vs the nothing you have provided.

At least after I explained where you were referencing the wrong study your reading comprehension improved. You are welcome.

Reactions: SOSUSC and jonesz21
1). Of course it’s not hypocritical. If someone is dying and a medical doctor wants to try something, anything, I’m ok with it. It doesn’t mean I expect- or will predict- a cure.

HOWEVER, that is different than advocating for a therapy that lacks scientific proof - yet.

2. The drug is currently used for compassionate care. It’s not as if it’s not being used. It is clearly being used. So your concern for time for testing is nonsense. We can do both.

3. “Looks like the evidence that is being gathered backs Trump’s observation about HCL.”. - That you belong to a cult doesn’t excuse everyone else from having common sense. That is why proper testing is needed.

“Many U.S. hospitals are currently using hydroxychloroquine as first-line therapy for hospitalized patients with COVID-19 despite extremely limited clinical data supporting its effectiveness,” said Wesley Self, M.D., M.P.H., emergency medicine physician at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and PETAL Clinical Trials Network investigator leading the ORCHID trial. “Thus, data on hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of COVID-19 are urgently needed to inform clinical practice.”
Well I guess it’s great that the trump medicine is being used by some It gives us a lot more data points than a small trial

Not my #1 expert, the worlds #1 expert. I’ll trust his study of over 1,000 patients vs the nothing you have provided.

At least after I explained where you were referencing the wrong study your reading comprehension improved. You are welcome.

I don’t have to provide it. He does.

I don’t trust research studies without evidence and certainly not based solely on someone’s resume.

It’s his job to provide the research and make it available for peer reviewed studies so others can duplicate it. Otherwise, it’s just noise.

Well I guess it’s great that the trump medicine is being used by some It gives us a lot more data points than a small trial

Now it’s “Trump’s medicine?

do you give him credit for your heart beating and teeth cleaning appointments too?

I realize he’s your messiah but the hero Worship is a bit silly.

do you give him credit for your heart beating and teeth cleaning appointments too?

I just support our president regardless. I’m a American If jFK was our leader and he was discussing it I would call it JFK med. matter of fact I loved jfk ask not what your country can do for you. Wish the Democrats would embrace that these days

Cult? I am not a Trump supporter. But when he is being unfairly attacked, I will support his viewpoint. The same when Obama was being beaten up. It’s the issue.

You have reciting a mantra - that HCL is not proven. In essence calling to question its efficacy. Are you trying to dissuade people from taking it? But then you turn around and say you will take it. Somehow that seems glib.

Trump science from today: stating antibiotics can’t keep with the germ (which is a virus)

That’s “real smart” alright. :rolleyes:

Real science: antibiotics aren’t used to fight viruses.

Reactions: howard13
I just support our president regardless. I’m a American If jFK was our leader and he was discussing it I would call it JFK med. matter of fact I loved jfk ask not what your country can do for you. Wish the Democrats would embrace that these days

I don’t. When a politician does something I like and agree with, I’ll offer credit for what they do. I’m not crediting anyone with something they didn’t do. That doesn’t make much sense.

I don’t blindly follow politicians.

Last edited:
Cult? I am not a Trump supporter. But when he is being unfairly attacked, I will support his viewpoint. The same when Obama was being beaten up. It’s the issue.

You have reciting a mantra - that HCL is not proven. In essence calling to question its efficacy. Are you trying to dissuade people from taking it? But then you turn around and say you will take it. Somehow that seems glib.

YES, I’m definitely questioning it’s efficacy based on what we know tonight.

Are people on this board deciding to take it based on my opinion? Hmm... I doubt it.

I’m posting links to the CDC and other medical experts involved in the actual testing. They are saying it. I’m simply repeating what they have said,

I’ve said I would take it if there were no other options. If someone tossed me a beach ball with jelly on it and suggested it would help, I’d eat it whole if there were no other options. But I’m not pretending it will work unless there is scientific, verifiable, repeatable, evidenced based results.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

He said that just to get a rise out of you and you, as predicted, fell right in the trap... Lmao

Trump science from today: stating antibiotics can’t keep with the germ (which is a virus)

That’s “real smart” alright. :rolleyes:

Real science: antibiotics aren’t used to fight viruses.

I forgive Trump. Your Messiah, Dr. Gupta can't read an simple X-ray and you make excuses for him. Why's Trump held to a higher standard than Gupta when it comes to medical Gaffs.

I forgive Trump. Your Messiah, Dr. Gupta can't read an simple X-ray and you make excuses for him. Why's Trump held to a higher standard than Gupta when it comes to medical Gaffs.

I offered no excuses for Gupta. I said he got it wrong. I don’t care about a tv doctor.

I also said he stated he wasn’t trying to offer a diagnosis- which is what he said.

I also said that he said the X-ray looked pretty good which is which is also what he said.

and he mentioned he could tell he didn’t have pneumonia.

it wasn’t his fault Gupta got it wrong. Gupta did say he wasn’t trying to diagnose him, and he also said he thought his X-ray looked pretty good. He also said he Could tell he didn’t have pneumonia. but he’s a neurosurgeon, not a radiologist.

I don’t. When a politician does something I like and agree with, I’ll offer credit for what they do. I’m not crediting anyone with something they didn’t do. That doesn’t make much sense.

I don’t blindly follow politicians.
Merica babeee.

I offered no excuses for Gupta. I said he got it wrong. I don’t care about a tv doctor.

I also said he stated he wasn’t trying to offer a diagnosis- which is what he said.

I also said that he said the X-ray looked pretty good which is which is also what he said.

and he mentioned he could tell he didn’t have pneumonia.
Sounds like excuses Rollerdude. JS

YES, I’m definitely questioning it’s efficacy based on what we know tonight.

Are people on this board deciding to take it based on my opinion? Hmm... I doubt it.

I’m posting links to the CDC and other medical experts involved in the actual testing. They are saying it. I’m simply repeating what they have said,

I’ve said I would take it if there were no other options. If someone tossed me a beach ball with jelly on it and suggested it would help, I’d eat it whole if there were no other options. But I’m not pretending it will w there is scientific, verifiable, repeatable, evidenced based results.

Rollerdude is all over the place spewing hate about Trump. Well, some posters want to know why your criticism is so selective. Are you going to keep this up all the way to November? Like CNN and MSNBC? Are you working for Biden on his election campaign? Make sure Joe stays awake when he speaks.

Anyway, in a past post you noted that Trump said something in February that bothers you? Why is it that what Fauci, your hero, said in February (minimal danger to the US) not bother you? Why is it that what Pelosi said in Early March encouraging people to go to Chinatown in San Francisco and celebrate not bother you? Why is it that what De Blasio said in February, minimizing the effects of the virus not bother you? Bias!! Try not to dodge this question.

Rollerdude is all over the place spewing hate about Trump. Well, some posters want to know why your criticism is so selective. Are you going to keep this up all the way to November? Like CNN and MSNBC? Are you working for Biden on his election campaign? Make sure Joe stays awake when he speaks.

Anyway, in a past post you noted that Trump said something in February that bothers you? Why is it that what Fauci, your hero, said in February (minimal danger to the US) not bother you? Why is it that what Pelosi said in Early March encouraging people to go to Chinatown in San Francisco and celebrate not bother you? Why is it that what De Blasio said in February, minimizing the effects of the virus not bother you? Bias!! Try not to dodge this question.

1) Trump, as President, lies so much that he doesn’t get any benefit of the doubt from me. sorry.

2) likely because I didn’t know Pelosi said such a stupid thing. She’s a goofball. Always has been, always will be.

3) I’ve already commented several times on the mayor of New York’s recklessly dumb comments on this board (not wreckless as Fox News likes to spell it). You need to pay attention so you don’t have to ask questions that have been answered.

Last edited:
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Exactly. Here’s a tweet from far left lunatic Joy Reid.

Trumps financial ties to a generic Hyrdroxychloroquine manufacturer is minuscule. He own $450 worth of the company. But leave it to the fake news to blow that up.

His family has MUCH bigger ties to this company. Dont fool yourself.

Trump Medicine, bahaha.. Didn't you know that right after he finishes those afternoon briefings he throws on a lab coat & its back to the White House basement in a room full of test tubes & petri dishes where he works thru the night only stopping occasionally to tweet out something completely incoherent.,
With 100% certainity I can tell you this. If this drug is somehow found to be this wonder drug (and I don't care if its this or something else I just want FAST) this will always be known as the Trump Drug, or something similar, among the cult portion of Trump supporters. The poor SOB's that actually did the work will receive little or no cedit. If it's not, then Trump will, correctly, say he never said this was 100% certain. In that case his supporters quickly take up that mantra & move on. So Trump has created a win only situation for himself. Transparent as hell to anyone except those easily duped.

1) Trump, as President, lies so much that he doesn’t get any benefit of the doubt from me. sorry.

2) likely because I didn’t know Pelosi said such a stupid thing. She’s a goofball. Always has been, always will be.

3) I’ve already commented several times on the mayor of New York’s recklessly dumb comments on this board (not wreckless as Fox News likes to spell it). You need to pay attention so you don’t have to ask questions that have been answered.

Thus is more even handed.

A few years back one of my brothers was diagnosed with lung cancer. He was told he had, on the optimistic side, a few months to live but it was more likely a matter of weeks. I called my oldest brother (who was at the time, very active in the field of Bioengineering) to tell him the news. He said, "I can help him, I've been working with a doctor in Korea who has developed a cure for cancer with a stem cell treatment". The doctor had given talks on the treatment to doctors at Duke and Johns Hopkins. Because of FDA guidelines he couldn't treat patients in the US. My brother would have to go to Korea for the treatment. By the time all of the red tape could be cleared for him to fly to Korea, he was on oxygen full-time, he encountered more red tape because of the amount of oxygen he would need for the flight over. Doctors told him he might not survive the flight. Long story short, he made it to Korea and after 5 weeks of treatment he no longer needed oxygen and though the Korean doctor told him he needed to complete 2 more weeks, he wanted to come home. The doctor gave him a month's supply of medicine. My brother came back and it was extraordinary, he was riding his bike 2 miles a day. He was the administrative head of the MUSC Pharmacy at the time. He started having some issues with getting unusually irritable and asked one of the doctors at MUSC for advice and the doctor told him to stop taking the medicine he had been prescribed in Korea because one contained a steroid. He developed a lung infection and was dead a week later.

I haven't looked at FDA approval or U.S. physicians quite the same since then.

Last edited:
Maybe I missed a previous thread in this question. What is the normal daily or monthly fatality rate in America pre covid and current?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT